The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Archives > Philadelphia
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philadelphia Home to many Cellar users: the city of neighborhoods

Old 03-04-2001, 05:30 PM   #1
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

In Phoenixville, we have an 8 x 12 mostly cedar shed, complete with cedar shake roof, that most be removed. It would make a perfect storage shed for any rustic environment - your backyard, a non-profit nature organization, etc. Unfortunatley this little house will be burned next month if we don't find a taker.

It is located in the north side of Phoenixville, just downhill from Route 113 Emmett Street - on the left side of Marshall Street. Unfortunately, it will probably take a small, lowboy trailer to move. But it is in very good shape and built with heavy wood - to last decades.

Anyone is welcome to visit the shed (which is adjacent to a construction site outhouse) and to contact Habitat for Humanity at 610 983-9414 (leave a message) if interested.

We cannot find a home for this lovely homeless home.
Old 03-04-2001, 05:50 PM   #2
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by tw
In Phoenixville, we have an 8 x 12 mostly cedar shed, complete with cedar shake roof, that most be removed. It would make a perfect storage shed for any rustic environment - your backyard, a non-profit nature organization, etc. Unfortunatley this little house will be burned next month if we don't find a taker.
Damn...that's a shame that I don't own any land right now. I'd make it my party cabin.
Old 03-14-2001, 10:12 PM   #3
GarlicQueen
May Ter Dee

Wait a minute! Why not donate it to the community garden? We're behind the Fairview Housing Project and Bethel Baptist Church on the North Side, so it wouldn't be that far to transport. I don't have transportation, but if you can find a way to get it to the community garden, we'll use it!

E-mail me! Let's talk! (This is what I get for participating in the Flower Show instead of this forum -- what the heck is a blue ribbon, a red ribbon and 6 white ribbons to a BRAND NEW SHED! ;-D)
Old 03-15-2001, 09:01 PM   #4
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Re: House for the Homeless?

Quote:
Originally posted by GarlicQueen
Wait a minute! Why not donate it to the community garden? We're behind the Fairview Housing Project and Bethel Baptist Church on the North Side, so it wouldn't be that far to transport. I don't have transportation, but if you can find a way to get it to the community garden, we'll use it!
The phone number is provided. You must call them - not me. But you have only hours to make arrangements. The adjacent slum building is being demolished next week. The shed is to be disassembled and trashed Saturday.

I am not the one to talk to. They have offered this shed for about a year now with no takers. I also listed it in Cellar Mark III(?). Time is almost up and there is no alternative action. Even Habitat for Humanity must meet schedules.