The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Sports
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sports My tribe can beat up your tribe

Old 02-28-2008, 10:23 AM   #91
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Quote:
The 32nd Running of the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon takes place on Saturday, May 3, 2008. The Mini has sold-out for the past six years, with 35,000 registrants in 2007, and an additional 3,500 participants in the Finish Line 500 Festival 5K. The Mini-Marathon is the largest half-marathon in the U.S., and overall, the eighth largest running event in America. The 2007 event sold out on November 27, 2006.
HOLY CRAP!! 35,000 runners??? The largest race I've run had about 7,000, and I thought that was nuts. Running on the track would be sooooo cool though...
Old 02-28-2008, 05:15 PM   #92
hideouse
Coronation Incarnate

indy mini

Labrat,
running on the track is cool, but it was about that time I started faggin' out. Last year's race was ... draining let's say. I think this year will be easier.
Re: population. I found my way to the middle of the pack, and had a view forward and backward, it looked like a river of bodies, like salmon fighting upstream.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:23 AM   #93
hideouse
Coronation Incarnate

training run- 10k

My 10k results here:
http://minimarathon.onlineraceresult...52&type=result
Now my left foot hurts enough that I don't want to walk. It feels like I've got one small muscle in the sole of my foot unhappy about what I'm asking it to do. It's cussing at me.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:31 AM   #94
LabRat

Cool that they have training runs to help keep you on track! (ha ha) I mailed in my entry form and check this weekend for the tri. Eek!

If you can, get to a podiatrist to check out your foot. Free advice might also be found at your local running store... maybe just time for new shoes? If you are running every day, I've read that it's a good idea to have 2 pairs of shoes, and alternate them to allow the cushioning to fully recover between runs. I pretty much only run every other day, so I've never needed to do this. If possible, biking is a good alternate activity that keeps your legs going and gets your heart pumping while leaving the stress off your foot. As long as you don't lose your cardiovascular fitness, your legs will catch up before you know it when your foot is healed. Good luck and keep me posted!
Old 03-23-2008, 04:05 AM   #95
hideouse
Coronation Incarnate

Plantar fasciitis update

Labrat, et al, I beleive the reason my foot got angry at me is because I did no other running in the year before the 5k and 10k I ran. The other training I've been doing has given me decent cardio-respiratory and muscular fitness so that after the runs I had no soreness but for the irritated planter fascia of my left foot. I believe that had I included running in my training regimen my foot would have been adapted to the stress of the runs and I would not have this problem.
Which by the way is slowly abating. I have run just a few steps today and had no exacerbation of my discomfort. I'll start training now, just some baby step runs, to see if I can make it to the mini.
I am also on night shift now and that's fukkin' my schedule all up.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:27 AM   #96
LabRat

Update hideouse??

My tri is in less than 4 weeks. I am feeling very nervous right now. Losing a week to vacation kind of threw me for a bigger loop than I thought it would. Guess I'm not the spring chicken I once was. I missed last night's monthly club meeting where we were going to go over T1/T2 (transitions) and practice them, which would have been really nice to do. My daughter had soccer practice and she needs that more than I need mine .
Old 05-07-2008, 02:35 PM   #97
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

I'm just signed up to do a 10km charity race in London on July 6. I think it's for MS Walk. It'll be my first race of any kind.

Time to get training!
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:52 PM   #98
hideouse
Coronation Incarnate

update

No running for me still. I missed my Mini. That's shitty, I've loved distance running all my life even if I'm not good at it.
On the other hand I went to Las Vegas, took my son too, we went to a kettlebell lifting competition where I placed second in my weight and category division. Yay me! We stayed for the subsequent two day coaching class and learned a lot that would have been useful the day of the competition.
If I let my foot heal and start training again I might be able to run next year's mini, but I don't know for sure.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:33 AM   #99
LabRat

Awesome PW!! Good luck!

Hideouse, that totally sux. Awesome on the second place finish though, feels great doesn't it!! Once I look up what the heck kettlebell lifting is, I bet I'll be even more impressed
Old 05-08-2008, 07:22 PM   #100
hideouse
Coronation Incarnate

American kettlebell club

blog here:
http://americankettlebellclub.com/blog/
second picture from top, that's me second from left between V. Federenko and I. Denisov, both masters and high level competitors. All the way on the right is M. Farrel, first american to attain Master of Sport numbers under the AKC.
Some vids here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/WorldKettlebellClub

I love this sport, it makes a real difference in my daily health.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:53 AM   #101
LabRat

Holy Crap. Yes, I am impressed. Just in case you need it, Red swears by Hemrelief

Did my Marion Arts festival run this weekend. Was my 24th event. OMG, it was a perfect day. Sunny, 50's and light breeze. Although the farthest I have run in my tri training is 2 miles, and this was 3.1, I still had a very good finish time. In fact, not a whole lot slower than years past when all I was training for was this particular run!

'08 27:30
'06 27:01
'05 27:00
'04 28:44
'03 36:59 --walk/ran pushing my new 6mo old daughter in her stoller
Old 07-15-2008, 11:26 AM   #102
LabRat

So, I have been waiting. And waiting. Aaannnnd waaaaayyyyyyting for the professional photogropher's pics of the Pigman. Somehow they have mangaged to totally screw it up so that your name isn't your pics, and seem to be in no freaking hurry to get it figured out despite multiple calls, emails, etc from a whole lot of us. So, here are the few pics Red was able to get of me. Hopefully there will be some of me on the bike, and maybe a more flattering one of me running if Jolesh Photography ever gets their shit straight.

I finished almost 10 minutes faster than I did when I was 24. Heh. Who says I have to age gracefully?

Results:

32 F
.5K swim time= 9:49 (OMG, I was sooo happy with this as it was almost 4 minutes off my previous time. That's huge. I felt GREAT coming out of the water. All that time at Master's swimming practice and using the wetsuit totally paid off!)
T1= 3:58 (very bad, but my number came off when I was pulling down my wetsuit, and then I managed to run past my bike. Durrr. )
15 mile bike time= 55:32 ave speed =16.8 (could definately improve here, with more time in the saddle)
T2 =1:28 (much better, but still wayyyy to slow)
5K run time= 28:14 9:06/m pace (was happy with this, since I pushed myself a bit on the bike)

Overall Finish time= 1h:38m

13th of 31 in 30-34y age group
(My age group's winner finished in 1:18, overall female winner finished in 1:10)
Old 07-15-2008, 11:27 AM   #103
LabRat

The Rat Clan before:
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2008, 11:28 AM   #104
LabRat

Coming out of the water. . .
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2008, 11:29 AM   #105
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Wow...that's stamina, and very impressive. wtg, labrat!