The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-30-2008, 01:37 PM   #16
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Elevator music went straight to hell. I am not looking forward to it's return......
Old 12-30-2008, 02:23 PM   #17
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

But, but, what about the sing alongs... I heard that's where Lawrence Welk discovered some of his biggest stars.

And the dances, where will children learn to dance so they will be socially adept... think of the children.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:50 AM   #18
spudcon
Beware of potatoes

I don't know about where you all live, but elevator music is alive and well around here in stores and restaurants. Although I call it "shitty too loud music."
Old 12-31-2008, 11:53 AM   #19
Cicero

No one in this town likes it. Hey, that makes me like this town! They all do satellite and have the good grace to pick ok music or keep the dumb stuff on low volume.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:54 PM   #20
barefoot serpent
go ahead, abbrev. it

just watch Blues Brothers to get a Girl from Ipanema fix
Old 01-01-2009, 10:18 AM   #21
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

The elevators at work talk to ya. "floor 3, financial aid." Wouldn't it be funny if you could cut in with something like "floor 3 financial aid...don't yell at those poor people just 'cause you can't get your shit together."

Old 01-01-2009, 10:38 AM   #22
Cicero

I just saw my toilet seat do a 180 in Mississippi. You can actually sit and spin now.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:49 PM   #23
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

The Powerhouse candy bar was my favorite when I was a kid.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:18 PM   #24
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
Then, in 1996, I made my first purchase on amazon.com.
You and millions of your friends.

Amazon along with Barnes and Noble and Border's killed the mom and pop book store.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:56 PM   #25
monster
I hear them call the tide

Nicola's Books in Ann Arbor is alive and kicking and awesome. As are a few other cool indie stores -the Shaman Drum, for example. but we're a college town, I guess that makes it easier....
Old 01-01-2009, 09:00 PM   #26
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Our mom and pop book store is alive and kicking. But then, they bother to read and stock the shelves with things worth reading. Plus they are sweet adorable little old ladies who, you can tell, are wild and crazy in the sack.

I mean judging by the books they carry.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:34 PM   #27
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar512 View Post
You and millions of your friends.

Amazon along with Barnes and Noble and Border's killed the mom and pop book store.
No shit? I thought it was Wal-Mart's fault.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:28 PM   #28
sugarpop
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
I just saw my toilet seat do a 180 in Mississippi. You can actually sit and spin now.
whheeeeeeeee!!!
sugarpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:31 PM   #29
sugarpop
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
No shit? I thought it was Wal-Mart's fault.
It was. But WalMart allowed the other evil big conglomerates to prosper. What am I saying? WE allowed it to happen. fucking pussies that we are. Buy as cheap as you possibly can, because you know, that extra 40 cents you save on a book is really going to help your pocketbook.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:37 PM   #30
sugarpop
Professor

Not sure what the rules are on this, so if I'm committing a faux pas, I apologize in advance for making a mistake. My brother asked me to pass the word though...

"In this day and time, especially with our economy spiraling downwards, one would think that exceptional customer service would be a paramount issue particularly during the holidays correct? WelL I am here to tell you that at BARNES & NOBLES they couldn’t care less! I received a CD as a Christmas gift and last night went in with the intention of simply exchanging the CD for another artist because I already have that particular CD. Well the snotty nosed young customer service fellow told me that they could not help me without a receipt. Now mind you, the CD cover was in tact, the BARNES & NOBLE bar coding label and all in pristine condition but too bad, no help you!

I don’t know about you but I was shocked and even further when I called the store manager and his response was no better. So, I told him, that whereas I was originally intended to simply exchange the CD that NOW due to their unfriendly customer service and unfriendly consumer policies that I was going to go to the trouble of trying to attain a receipt from the person that gave me the gift and then I was going to come back and not exchange it but refund it and I would NEVER shop at BARNES AND NOBLE AGAIN! To me it is just really bad policy to ruin customer relations over a $15 CD!

Some of you in Hawaii may recall when COMPUSA had really terrible customer service and an attitude like this and look where it got them...they are now closed down.

This is the only power we have as consumers to share with others the good and bad and I am sharing this BAD info with you. I will never shop there again. This also happened to me about 15 years ago with Hewlett Packard and I swear I have never bought a Hewlett Packard product since then. Spread the word!

P.s. A word to the BARNES & NOBLES CUSTOMER SERVICE.COM....there are about 200 people BCC on this email. Just imagine how many others they may send this email out to. All for a lousy CD! What a looser policy!"