FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2006, 05:13 PM   #11
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams
my question to you is why do you insist that it is the US that is all evil and everyone else is all good?
I don't. But an America lead by those who even think there is 'good' and 'evil' simply get us in anti-American wars such as Vietnam and Iraq. There are perspectives. It goes right to the purpose of war and a world full of perspectives. A great America saw a world of perspective and was tolerant. An America that views in terms of 'good' and 'evil' will even insist we can impose democracy on all others - whether they want it or not.

Bombing of the Sudan factory is classic of one who assumes evil - and then reacts based upon zero resonsible evidence. Military action demands a smoking gun. The concept is even demonstrated by Sze Tzu in 500 BC. No smoking gun existed in Sudan.

Welcome to Vietnam and welcome to the mythical reason for 'Pearl Harboring' Iraq.

One final point that others have read previously (as a newcomer, you would not). We are all still here because Kennedy forcefully challenged the 'big dics' who viewed the world in 'good' and 'evil' terms. As a result, the world was not destroyed during the Cuban Missile Crisis. Yes we came that close to total nuclear war over something that was only a 'world of perspectives' - made so dangerous because both sides had too many 'big dic' advocates in positions of power.

Appreciate why so many in the past four months have finally learned what should have been obvious four years ago. Appreciate why the Iraq war was clearly deja vue Vietnam.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote