The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-04-2005, 10:22 PM   #1
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

in need of an insurance carrier

we've got a problem here at the airport. insurance requirements. we need commercial liability operations insurance as well as aircraft liability insurance. we are facing eviction if we can't get this insurance, which by the way isn't available to us in the states b/c we've been black balled in the insurance industry by the owner of the airport who used to run one of the 6 insurance companies that provide such insurance. we're not the bad guy here, trust me. we are dealing with an airport manager that "thinks" he's the ruler of his own country here. it's a very convoluted situation that is not fair and i'll give more information as needed. my request is this...is there any cellarite that has connections to get such insurance? the loyd's of london doesn't want to talk to you unless your a multi-million $ contract and we are looking overseas too and maybe we'll get it there but who knows. we've been in a legal battle for a while now b/c the airport need property that they leased to us 4 years ago for runway expansion and are trying to just evict us rather than work with us. the deal is this: they need the far corner of our ramp to expand the runway so we offered to give them that corner in exchange for us to be able to extend our ramp down to the airport property line to give us the space we need to tie down our airplanes. they agreed but at a rate twice what we pay now per sq. ft. what your reading hear only scrapes the surface of this battle. so, any help would be thankfull....plt.