The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-18-2006, 11:03 AM   #16
KinkyVixen
Marching In!

Wow, nice...you spend relatively 250 give or take, and you end up giving yourself a virus...how nice of apple.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:19 PM   #17
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Of course, the virus doesn't affect Macs, so I think it is a (wait for it) *viral marketing program* to convince people to dump MS boxes for Apple computers.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:24 PM   #18
cjjulie
Colonist Extraordinaire

I have an IPod 20 that crashed about a month ago. I brought it to the Mac store and they told me the hard drive crashed, which is the same thing they told the 2 before me and the 1 after me. Note: at the time it was less than a week out of warrantee. (I had a hard time believing it was the hard drive)

I mulled it over for a couple nights and was torn between the spent battery and the cooked hard drive. But then on the way home from the gym I remembered that I had dropped it on the eliptical, not good I know but accidents happen. So it got me thinking that maybe something was a little loose. Being that it was dead anyway I had nothing to lose so, yep that's right I dropped it right on the floor.

It now works quite well except the screen is cracked. I've always been a believer in the 'Kick it!' tool.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:37 PM   #19
Flint
Snowflake

Cousin Eddie:
"That's something ain't it? She falls in a well, eyes go crossed. She gets kicked by a mule, they go back to normal. I don't know."
(National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation)
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:58 PM   #20
KinkyVixen
Marching In!

Kick ass movie Flint, Kick ass movie!!!!

Edit to add my favorite quote of the whole movie...although I love the WHOLE movie and can quote almost all of it...here it goes...

"...Hey, if any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here, tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people, and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head. And, I want to look him strait in the eye and tell him: what a cheap, lying, no good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, bloodsucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-assed, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?"

Last edited by KinkyVixen; 10-18-2006 at 04:02 PM.
KinkyVixen is offline   Reply With Quote