The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 11-08-2005, 01:26 PM   #1
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Chocolate - pure, unadulterated, luxurious, sensuous, irresistable chocolate

I'm not so sure I'll have much to say myself, but something tells me that this topic could be a popular one.

I have a reasonably sweet tooth, and have memories of particular chocs that won my everlasting devotion - sadly many have disappeared over the years (like Walnut Whips, and Five Boys), but there are those that HAVE survived (like Terry's Chocolate Orange).

Do you prefer dark or milk? Solid chocolate bars (which ones?) or chocolate as a coating around something else that makes the overall eating experience interesting (whereas it wouldn't be without the combination)? What about desserts like Chocolate Mousse, Death-by-chocolate, or that regular treat (over here anyway) Profiterolles? Do you like chocolate drinks? Hot or Cold? Ice cream...?

Goodness, so much to consider once you get started.....

(Just noticed a couple of earlier threads on the subject in the archives - suppose I should have looked earlier - but before there didn't seem to be the excitement, sensuality or the broken secrecy that this topic should create. So let your inhibitions drop by the wayside - bare all and expose your innermost lusting for this most devilish of confectionaries...)

Last edited by Cyclefrance; 11-09-2005 at 11:07 AM.
Cyclefrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 01:55 PM   #2
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I adore chocolate. My favorites are deep and dark and whisper sweet nothings in my ear. A local favorite is Esther Price's Chocolates. Cream-filled, toffees, sweet cherries, peanut-butter and nuts! YUM! I like actual chocolate candy and hot chocolates better than chocolate cakes, ice-cream or cookies. Chocolate creme pie (with additional semi-sweet morsels) is --Ahhhh! Bliss!

San Fran's Ghirardelli is an excellent choice. Dove is also quite good. I like a creamy, rich, dark chocolate. I like to FEEL it.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 02:02 PM   #3
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
I adore chocolate. My favorites are deep and dark and whisper sweet nothings in my ear. A local favorite is Esther Price's Chocolates. Cream-filled, toffees, sweet cherries, peanut-butter and nuts! YUM! I like actual chocolate candy and hot chocolates better than chocolate cakes, ice-cream or cookies. Chocolate creme pie (with additional semi-sweet morsels) is --Ahhhh! Bliss!

San Fran's Ghirardelli is an excellent choice. Dove is also quite good. I like a creamy, rich, dark chocolate. I like to FEEL it.
I might have known you'd be up there amongst the elite Brianna - the stuff's melting all around just reading your words - you naughty little chocoholic, you!
Old 11-08-2005, 02:08 PM   #4
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Come and get me, CycleFrance! I already love you(based upon your magnificent house and apparently hedonistic lifestyle!!--ADOPT ME???)

kISSES! Bri
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 11-08-2005, 02:09 PM   #5
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Dark. I prefer solid bars, and I try just about every brand I encounter. Ghirardeli and Lindt are commonly available in my area, and good.

I also have a bit of a soft spot for Hershey Special Dark, too, because it was my favorite of the Hershey mini assortment pack commonly available on Halloween when I was a kid.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 02:11 PM   #6
Happy Monkey

Oh, yeah - I also liked the Chocolate Orange I got in a store in the Florida Keys, it was flavored with key lime instead of orange.
|_______________| [pics]
Old 11-08-2005, 02:25 PM   #7
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey
it was flavored with key lime instead of orange.
Well. Clearly, you are lying.

—James Barrie

Old 11-08-2005, 02:37 PM   #8
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Quote:
Come and get me, CycleFrance! I already love you(based upon your magnificent house and apparently hedonistic lifestyle!!--ADOPT ME???)

kISSES! Bri
Aah, my titillating Turkish-Town delight, I fear adoption, though tempting, would prove too heavy a commitment so early in our relationship. Far better to enjoy sweet seductive snatches (no - not that sort of snatch - well..., maybe, on second thoughts....) within these libidious walls for now. BTW, I hope that you're up-to-date with Marichiko's communal story - you seem to be featuring quite prominently, if you don't mind my saying....

Last edited by Cyclefrance; 11-08-2005 at 03:14 PM.
Cyclefrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 02:49 PM   #9
Happy Monkey

Quote:
Well. Clearly, you are lying.
I couldn't think of a better way to put it. It wasn't a Chocolate Key Lime, since it was still orange-shaped and orange-sized. It was a Chocolate Orange with the orange flavor replaced with key lime flavor.
|_______________| [pics]
Old 11-08-2005, 03:01 PM   #10
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey
I couldn't think of a better way to put it. It wasn't a Chocolate Key Lime, since it was still orange-shaped and orange-sized. It was a Chocolate Orange with the orange flavor replaced with key lime flavor.

Key lime?? What's key lime?? Sounds like something you use to get limescale off a bath-tap...
Old 11-08-2005, 03:03 PM   #11
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Dude, you are just begging to have your chocolate thread hijacked.

"What is Key Lime?" Indeed.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:06 PM   #12
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I once won a dessert contest with my White Chocolate Key Lime Truffles. They were delicious and pretty, but to make them was incredibly difficult. I can see why they cost a couple of bucks apiece now. Very tasty, very tempermental, very labor intensive.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:11 PM   #13
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

We don't have key lime - the only things we have that mentions the word 'key' open doors and things that are similarly locked shut. Lime is lime over here. I hope that rather than have to do a web-search one of you kind cellarites will tell me what it is? Perleease...!
Old 11-08-2005, 03:17 PM   #14
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclefrance
We don't have key lime - the only things we have that mentions the word 'key' open doors and things that are similarly locked shut. Lime is lime over here. I hope that rather than have to do a web-search one of you kind cellarites will tell me what it is? Perleease...!
Too late - I looked it up - limes from the Florida Keys....

Don't think we have much in the way of chocolate lime sweets here - sound addictive - will see what I can find in town next week...
Old 11-08-2005, 03:50 PM   #15
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Going back to Chocolate orange....

The Terry's chocolate orange is basically orange flavoured milk chocolate the whole displayed as a complete orange which is divided into around 32 or so 'slices'

We also have another much nicer chocolate orange which is made of thin slices of dried real orange pieces that have a sweet bitter taste to them and these have then been dipped and coated in rich, dark-chocolate - sooooperb!