The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 05-24-2007, 04:28 PM   #16
The Eschaton
Vivacious Vivisectionist

good to know, still a little confused around #7 and #8.

Im a new arrival in baltimore, and the cops here are aggressive. I was parked on a street corner while a friend went into a corner store. Two plain cloths cops came up, told me to get out of the car and interviewed me aggressively about what i was doing there. Told me they could arrest me just for being in a drug neighborhood and not to hang around the area.

Another time i was walking up to the front of my apartment from the garage with a girl i had just met at the bar. A police car pulled up in front of us and he asked where we were coming from, i did not know how to answer him and just sort of laughed it off and told him we had come from the parking garage at which point he stopped us and had is give id and called us in to verify our identities, reason giving "failing a street interview"

Last edited by The Eschaton; 05-24-2007 at 04:37 PM.
The Eschaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:34 PM   #17
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Ever watched "The Wire"? It's an excelent show about Baltimore cops.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:37 PM   #18
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
6/8

"missed" #7 and #8.

xoB, I agree with you on how some of the questions are phrased to highlight a point rather than glide you to an easy right answer. Having said that, I'm unsurprised you were "wrong" about #4 given your recent remarks in the Sanctuary thread. Having a right and being able to exercise a right are two related but different things.
That's exactly what I was saying here, and there. Yes minors have the same 4th amendment rights, but adults have trumped those rights in specific instances, out of practicality(or cussedness) and the courts have gone along with it.
Thats why I think minor, citizens, although they have a right not to be deported, practicality should prevail and they should not be separated from their parents/family. They should not be abandoned or left to their own devices. They are perfectly welcome to return when they are of age.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:44 PM   #19
rkzenrage

If they buy it, it is theirs, along with all the rights that go with it... that is as it should be.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:05 PM   #20
dixy
passionate

6/8
Not the best eep