Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 01-09-2007, 06:04 PM   #166
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
Plenty of people fled America in the sixties and seventies. Oh wait, they dont count, they were just liberal hippy idiots, right?
People will always fear totalitarianism that UG promotes. No wonder he also loved Nixon as he loves George Jr. Notice how UG fears the Iraq Study Group. Facts and reality. Too much for UG to read. He feels; therefore he knows. It is called decisions based upon a political agenda.

UG said he was reading Thomas P.M. Barnett's Blueprint For Action: A Future Worth Creating in this post on 9 Nov 2006. Why is he so silent? He had to read something more complex than Animal Farm. Barnett also demonstrates why Urbane Guerrilla's politics are a prescription for failure. How UG’s totalitarianism only results in failure. UG does not discuss even that book. Instead he somehow knows.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:19 AM   #167
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Screw off, tw. I'm still working on it, as it repays careful study. Screw off twice and thrice, madman. I know from your posts that you are the totalitarianism promoter around here -- one cannot in practice be a Communist and a democrat.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:22 AM   #168
Urbane Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
I read For A New Liberty, thanks. I found it seminal, though I don't share Rothbard's touching faith in anarchy.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:29 AM   #169
Urbane Guerrilla

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
Of course I know why you dont think theyre to be respected; youre a paleolithic, neomccarthyist, pinko-hating nutjob. (and yes, I could go on)

Now you get to figure out why I'd think you're not to be respected.

(hint: it's right there^)
Sorry, it's because you're under twenty and believe you know it all. Call it an occupational hazard. I'm fifty, and I know patience -- I have a pretty good idea that your opinions will evolve as you become fully adult. The reason, dear fellow, to hate pinkoes is found in the butcher's bill of Communism -- I've said before that the anticommunist is the pro-human, and that is just the most basic reason why.

The rest, and anything you could go on about in this vein, is adjectival froth, and impressive to the high schooler, but that's it. The reason I'm untroubled is I've had more of a life than you. Stay out from under heavy falling objects and you'll get there too.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:35 AM   #170
Urbane Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
And those boat people continued coming for 30 years? Yes, according to UG propaganda. No if UG uses a neocon political agenda to rationalize.
There is no prospect of further boat people and refugees now that Vietnam has seen Communism doesn't work.

This emphasis on some 30-year period is opaque -- perhaps tw is trying to win through gibberish.

Won't work, kid. The mad never really get that they are mad. Trouble is, everyone else does.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:05 AM   #171
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
There is no prospect of further boat people and refugees now that Vietnam has seen Communism doesn't work.
Yet you ignore the fact that Vietnamese communism was defeated in the marketplace not on the battlefield. This opposition to reality is reflected in your views about defeating radical Islam.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:00 PM   #172
Urbane Guerrilla

I'm not ignoring it at all, much as you'd like to believe the contrary. I am very pleased that Communism fell in Vietnam of its own contradictions.

I also recognize the validity of Heinlein's contention that "violence -- naked force -- has settled more issues in history" than any other means. Like it or not. Unfreedom needs to be destroyed, discredited, and defunded, Griff. Seems to me this is a primary mission for the committed libertarian, big L or small. Otherwise the unfree try and kill the free -- which I think we agree is no good.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:37 PM   #173
axeman84
Dry Nurse

is it wrong to pray for bushs' assasination?
axeman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:52 PM   #174
glatt

That post won't trigger Carnivore.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:52 PM   #175
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by axeman84 View Post
is it wrong to pray for Bushs' assassination?
yes, although I don't think you'll be praying alone.
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:21 AM   #176
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axeman84 View Post
is it wrong to pray for ...?
Posting statements like that can get you a visit from the US Secret Service especially now that government so little trusts us as to spy on everyone. Spying even by the Defense Dept.

I happen to know how touchy those 'powers that be' have always been about such public statements. Strongly recommend you delete your post and learn how touchy this nation's security systems have become. Meanwhile, the attitude itself is also a bad thing for you AND for all Americans who do not sympathize.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:27 AM   #177
Urbane Guerrilla

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman065 View Post
yes, although I don't think you'll be praying alone.
...On account of assholes coming in bouquets.

Now a slightly smarter collection of dumbasses -- study hard and you might get that far, axenutz -- realize that if they shoot W they make Dick Cheney President.:p :p :p

Some people...! Fuck up a one-car funeral, steal a hot stove and drop it on their foot, mix up Spike Lee and Spike Jones with Spike Milligan, and never get French benefits.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:12 PM   #178
axeman84
Dry Nurse

thanks for the insight, Urbane Goofoff, you might be the smartest of dumbass',,,,,besides it was just a random thought....send over the secret service,,,i'll make coffee and stem cell cheesecake,,,tee hee
axeman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:11 PM   #179
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Posting statements like that can get you a visit from the US Secret Service especially now that government so little trusts us as to spy on everyone. Spying even by the Defense Dept.

I happen to know how touchy those 'powers that be' have always been about such public statements. Strongly recommend you delete your post and learn how touchy this nation's security systems have become. Meanwhile, the attitude itself is also a bad thing for you AND for all Americans who do not sympathize.
They won't do anything unless you already have a background. I am part of some other forums that someone started a thread about a people's army that will assassinate the police and government officals, he was serious too. He is still there.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:05 PM   #180
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Yeah, well those other forums aren't the Cellar!! !! j/k :p
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote