Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 09-03-2004, 11:46 PM   #16
404Error
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
WOW! I can see you in the reflection of the frog's eye!!!!! SO COOL!!!!
Yep, that's me in the frog's eye! You can also see the pond and trees to my right and the large rounded black thing right in front of me is the camera lens.

Thanks again for the accolades everyone, glad you liked the pictures. Photography has always been my favorite hobby but only within the past few years have I dabbled with digital cameras. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it, posting my results and getting favorable comments like these really helps!

Jag, the camera is an Olympus C-8080 and it has a 28mm - 140mm lens with built in macro capability. I haven't looked into different lens options yet as I'm still test driving this camera!
Attached Images

Old 09-04-2004, 12:00 AM   #17
Nothing But Net
Professor

404, in the frog eye pic you don't look all that close to the subject. Is this some kind of long range macro shot?
Nothing But Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 12:09 AM   #18
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

From the pokeberry link;
Quote:
Birds eat the berries and may become intoxicated from them.
That's the purple and white crap on the car.

Nice job 404. I have a C4000 with built in macro but I just can't seem to get it to work like the Nikon SLR with a 105mm Micro Nikkor. Guess I gotta move up scale but I wanted to wait for a digital Nikon that would use my Nikkor lenses. Uh, make that a Nikon I can afford.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:25 AM   #19
404Error
Lecturer

NBN,
The camera itself is about 4 to 6 inches from the frog in these pictures. It has a tiltable LCD monitor on the back of the camera so I didn't have my face right up to the viewfinder to see what your focusing on. Most of the higher end digitals have this feature, comes in real handy for macro work and situations where looking through the viewfinder isn't practical.
Attached Images

Old 09-04-2004, 11:07 AM   #20
jaguar
whig

Aye, and still produces clearly awesome results. I've seen 'handheld' macro rigs, 180mm lens, dual lens mounted or ring flash, bigass pro SLR, how anyone is meant to hold stable to shoot that still without being elligable for the olympic weightlifting team is beyond me. Hell a 1DMII and a 70-200 for a few hours is enough to give me a workout. This may just be a reflection on me. I didn't see photography as an activity that required weights training before...
Old 09-04-2004, 12:36 PM   #21
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Or yoga so you can twist your body into the shape necessary to be stable anyplace. A human tripod if needed.
Old 09-04-2004, 02:36 PM   #22
404Error
Lecturer

So true Jag and Bruce, I never said every shot came out crystal clear either, you're only seeing the ones that did come out good. I've deleted tons of fuzzy shots due to camera shake and/or too slow of a shutter speed in low light.

Most of the these low angle shots I had to rest the camera right on the ground or against something solid to avoid the shakes. Gotta find a shorter tripod!
Old 09-04-2004, 02:44 PM   #23
jaguar
whig

You could try a monopod, with the weight off it's much easier to hold still for another stop or two.