Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 03-07-2014, 07:51 PM   #376
Griff
still says videotape

Sorry footie.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:25 AM   #377
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Just don't let it embitter you, foot. Let it embiggen you. Remember the story of Betty Botter.

Because you WILL get through to the other side. It ain't easy, but you will one day get to look back with a sigh of relief. Hang in there.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:01 PM   #378
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Ah shit, Foot.
I think I have money trouble (and I do) but it sounds like you're not far above minimum wage and even though I'mg etting no help at present there is a safety net if I take a few more steps further down. And it's just me. Well, no children.
Good luck.

In my worst moments in the last few weeks everything has felt so futile.
I've never been more lonely or more hopeless.
The idea that it might not even be Diz and me against the world is appalling. I've had really good advice, but it's such an uphill struggle; I'm tired of fighting, even though I know I should.

I feel like someone hiding that they are bitten in a zombie film.
Because as long as no-one knows, I'm not really doomed. Force of will alone might make it different this time.
No. Just bloody shoot me, and shoot Diz next.

But when I die I will do so knowing the difference between a ficelle and a petit mange blanc.
That's something after all.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:13 PM   #379
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Sundae, sweetheart, don't give up. Take it one day at a time and value whatever comes (like learning the difference between a ficelle and a petit mange blanc, or having a positive encounter with a customer; or like meeting carruthers). There are lots of people whose lives would be diminished if you weren't here. Some of them (us) are in this place and others are closer to you geographically. When I'm down, I find inspiration in your constant interest in new things and desire to travel and learn. Not trying to guilt you; just to say that you don't always know how your life affects others.

Any day that happens is a good day for Sundae and me.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:26 PM   #380
orthodoc

Foot3, I don't know what to say. I don't know what the job market is like in your neck of the woods; what the possibilities are for freelance photography or for other freelance work. Obviously you've looked into that type of thing, so I'm guessing not great. Are there better prospects in a nearby town or city? Near enough that it wouldn't interfere with seeing your kids?

Does your state have a mechanism for getting an 'emergency' teacher's certificate in an area of need for local schools? PA does but that's the only place I know about. It's possible to provide proof of a degree in the subject area needed and basically get a certificate without going back to school.

If a simple solution occurs to me I'll send it along. Meanwhile, hang on ...
Old 03-09-2014, 05:50 PM   #381
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Sundae, I echo what orthodoc said: you are loved, and your existence in this world is cherished. You have made it through worse. And you will again.

How is the situation shaping up, if you don't mind talking about it? (For me, hashing out the options is always helpful, even if I really already know what they are.) Have your parents received any feedback from the house viewings? Is it really possible someone else might buy it while continuing to rent your room to you? Have you been able to talk to someone with the Council yet, or do you have to wait until the house is actually sold?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:37 PM   #382
orthodoc

Crap. Carp. Shite. I seem to have developed some lymphedema in my right arm and chest. This throws a monkey wrench in my plan to regain upper body strength, not to mention being able to wear short sleeves.

Lymphedivas, here I come. (www.lymphedivas.com)
Old 03-09-2014, 10:19 PM   #383
Nirvana
Back in 10

I have a stupid dilemma compared to the life altering problems of others. [BIGV , O, F3, ] My car needs tires I can buy one every 2 weeks or get all 4 at 22% interest and pay them off in 9 weeks. If I buy them by Saturday I get 10% off for buying 4 [scam ]
Old 03-09-2014, 10:36 PM   #384
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

If you buy 4 at the same time, do they throw in free lifetime tire rotations? Sometimes they will depending on the cost of the tires.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:36 PM   #385
Nirvana
Back in 10

Sundae your post showed after I posted my [crap] you are an asset to anyone who meets you. True story
Old 03-09-2014, 10:40 PM   #386
Nirvana
Back in 10

laff @ Sexobon something I had not considered is that a valuable commodity? What if I just rotate them myself?
Old 03-09-2014, 10:44 PM   #387
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
I have a stupid dilemma compared to the life altering problems of others. [BIGV , O, F3, ] My car needs tires I can buy one every 2 weeks or get all 4 at 22% interest and pay them off in 9 weeks. If I buy them by Saturday I get 10% off for buying 4 [scam ]
Buy one every two weeks and get them put on when you have a full set/axel? 22% seems a little ridiculous! if your potholes are as bad as ours, I'd be tempted to soldier on with the old ones and put the new ones on when the roads are fixed
Old 03-09-2014, 10:46 PM   #388
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Just a matter of convenience some places offer, in addition to any discounts they may have at this time, so you'll come back to them for your next set of tires.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:55 PM   #389
orthodoc

Tires are important. I weave all over the road at the moment, trying to preserve my tires and rims as the holes and chasms in the roads open ...

Go for the free lifetime rotations. You'll beat the odds.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:48 PM   #390
Nirvana
Back in 10

Had not thought of potholes Monster hmmmmm well the cost including the mounting is at a 10% discount until the 15th. The biggest problem I have is that these cheap Korean tires I have go flat once a day they hold air all day but go flat when the car sits . I know its the tires fault because I have one Michelin I got used [cannot afford 4 of those] when I hit a [pothole] last fall and it never goes flat. I hate pumping up my tires after work at midnite ..

Tags
mozzarella