The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Old 01-17-2009, 10:28 AM   #1
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Nawlins

I'm going Feb. 13 with my sister (who has a digital camera and is adept at putting said photos on the net) and I will be happy to post them here! We're staying at Maison Dupuy (prolly a tranny hotel, but, whatever) on Toulouse St. in the French Quarter.

Any Cellarites gonna be around?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:13 PM   #2
monster
I hear them call the tide

Flying or Driving?
Old 01-18-2009, 04:36 AM   #3
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Make sure there is at least one picture with you in it Bri.
Or I will simply refuse to look at all the others!
Not fair that Juniper got to meet you and I, your long lost sister, is still in ignorance!

Obviously I won't be there, always excepting a lottery win of course, but I am most envious. Have a wonderful time, sweetie.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:02 AM   #4
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Flying or Driving?
Flying. The whole thing - flight and hotel (de tranny, I keed) is only 489/person. Pretty good. All we're gonna do is shop for magic stuff, try not to be mugged/murdered whilst visiting graveyards and REJOICE that we're not in OHIO in Feb. At least for a few days.

*hope Sully is our pilot

oh, yes, Sundae--I'll be the one hanging onto the Bourbon Street lamp post!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 01-18-2009, 06:19 PM   #5
sweetwater
lives inside a Mobius strip

Take & post a photo of the Corn Stalk Fence, OK? I love that thing. And enjoy your visit.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:12 PM   #6
monster

Shame, cause ZippyT is halfway between you and there and he is a way cool dwellar to meet....

You won't get mugged, but take usual tourist precautions. keep some singles handy away from your main stash of cash for the self appointed tour guides..... We loved Marie Laveau's store. The corn stalk fence was... well, just a fence -what so you like about it, sweetwater?

I love the iron railings, trellises and balconies in the French Quarter. And just the buildings there in general. Hurricane Eduardo who joined us there was not so awesome.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:22 PM   #7
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

marti gras?

you'll be collecting beads?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:43 PM   #8
sweetwater
lives inside a Mobius strip

monster, the corn stalk fence was so ... corny. My favorite attractions are those that are usually enshrined in the pages of Roadside America, so perhaps that's why I liked it. BTW, I have a photo of me taken alongside THIS corn. Do I have a thing for corn?
The fretwork on the old architecture was also wonderful, as were the hidden courtyards and - if I am remembering right - pots of bright flowers. But that silly fence is what I recall best.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:47 PM   #9
monster

i LOVE Roadside America... that's how we plan our stops....
Old 02-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #10
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I leave tomorrow night.

Taking Bloody Mary's Cemetery Tour; man, I don't feel up to this. It's 75 and HUMID there (it's like breathing water) and my sister, I think I've mentioned, treats these get-a-ways like the Bataan Death march. She's brutal in gettin' 'er done. I beg, I plead: "Katie! I can NOT see one more thing! I can NOT go one more foot! NO MORE VOO DOO SHOPS!" but it falls on deaf ears...and I limp behind her, wincing with lower extremity extremity.

Man. I'm already exhausted.

—James Barrie

Old 02-11-2009, 11:16 AM   #11
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Take it at your own pace, with a map back to the hotel if she won't slow down. Have fun in spite of her.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:20 PM   #12
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

You're right, Bruce. AND I've just bought some Dr. Scholl's gellin' inserts so I'll be all set for the March! Going to Mr. B's and Cafe Amelie on Royal street, Court of Two Sisters, Petunia's (crepes!) and Marie Laveau's House of Hoo doo Voo doo.

OK!

—James Barrie

Old 02-11-2009, 10:05 PM   #13
Scopulus Argentarius
Your current user title is:

Good luck...Might be in the area myself this Saturday (Depends on finding a sitter for the kiddies)
Scopulus Argentarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:35 AM   #14
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopulus Argentarius View Post
Good luck...Might be in the area myself this Saturday (Depends on finding a sitter for the kiddies)
OOO! It would be so cool to meet up!

—James Barrie

Old 02-12-2009, 07:18 AM   #15
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I expect to see them all tonight.

—James Barrie