The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 09-21-2005, 04:38 PM   #46
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

if it wasn't for this place, i would've not gotten drunk last weekend in Paragould with Zippyt! that and y'all are a great group of guys!
Old 09-21-2005, 08:08 PM   #47
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbs
I'm with you. that's what keeps me coming back. The hopes that someday *sigh* someone will answer one of my witty posts with a laughing smiley face.

That and I come here for the music.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:17 PM   #48
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

I come here to catch up on everything I have been missing out on for too many years - while I was married, while I was sick, and while I was living in Fresno
Old 09-22-2005, 12:51 AM   #49
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Fresno can't really be that bad, can it?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 02:08 AM   #50
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Yes it can. It didn't used to be one of the armpits of the world, it took about 20 years to get it to this point. If you ignore most of the laws of economics, sociology, development, government, and civic engineering for that period of time, YOU TOO can produce a Fresno. But please don't.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:15 AM   #51
wolf
lobber of scimitars

It's Kalifornia. I think that says nearly enough ... other than it's not Ellay, SanFran, or Sacrimento.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 09-22-2005, 02:47 AM   #52
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Not enough that the governator is Ahnold, WE have Bubba (Alan Autry) as our mayor. But the laws of logic do not apply here and Mr. Autry is actually doing a BETTER job than anybody has done for such a long time that we totally support him. Well, until he decided to go to NO on the City credit cards with the goal of "recruiting" 400 of the leftover dispossessed to come and live in Fresno. Forget that nobody has yet figured out what to do with the 3,500 Hmong the Feds sent us from Thailand since last year, who don't have homes, or jobs, or good health, or can read or speak English. Fortunately, when the Feds heard that Mayor Bubba was considering putting the new 400 in the baseball stadium until more permanent arrangements could be made, they nixed it.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:51 AM   #53
wolf
lobber of scimitars

The Hmong will learn to speak English and eventally get jobs. The people from Louisiana won't.

Old 09-22-2005, 11:03 AM   #54
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

The refresh button.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:52 PM   #55
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by plthijinx
if it wasn't for this place, i would've not gotten drunk last weekend in Paragould with Zippyt! that and y'all are a great group of guys!
Maybe Tony could get an endorsement from a distillery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothmoniker
the fresh sticky buns.
Hey! I'll have you know I shower every day, or at least hit the Refresh button. :p

Actually, I've been on the Cellar since the dial-up days. As far as I know, it's the oldest Philadelphia area BBS still in existence. I have seen some very interesting characters, some of who actually made it onto my 'ignore' list.

Actually, I would love to see a live debate among some of our more opinionated denizens past and present, some of whom I actually agree with most of the time.

Let's see, we would have to find Barak, invite Radar to come east, call up TW....
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama

Last edited by richlevy; 09-22-2005 at 08:54 PM.
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 12:36 AM   #56
lookout123
changed his status to single

ok, so a 103 degree temp is not supposed to fucking happen after nearly a @Q#$!! month on antibiotics. he's four. when a fucking four year old says "i don't know why i'm sick daddy. i'm sorry, i keep trying to get better." my instinct is to gut someone - but there is no one to blame. FUCK! viral infection my ass. the kid is rarely sick so he hasn't built up a tolerance to amoxicilin. he took a full schedule of that for two weeks. no change. the doc upgrades (downgrades) him to augmentin and the only difference is that the boy shits himself if he laughs, sneezes, coughs, or thinks too hard. then he cries and says, "i'm sorry for making a mess daddy." i would gladly take his place, hell i'd kill my own mother to make him feel 50% better!

every single blood, urine, enzyme, xray, (you name it, he's had it) test has come back clean except for a sinus infection. the kid begs me not to "let them poke any more holes in him." my ped actually had me bring him over to his house because it was closer than the office this morning and the kid goes into near hysterics if we say "we're going to the dr's" now.

FUCK!

thanks for reading my rant.
lookout123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 12:48 AM   #57
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

l123, I know, I've been there. **I** would trade with the little guy. I remember the frustration when our kids were that little, and sick. Hearing them apologize for being sick just broke my heart. I don't know what's wrong, but I'm hanging in there with you as much as I can through this connection in the cellar.

I pray LL will be well. I pray for peace for you and your wife. I pray for wisdom for the doctors. I pray for strength for LL.

It sucks right now, and I'm sorry.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:04 AM   #58
lheene
Resident Denizen

Nice discussions, nice people.. I really hope to chat with everybody here.. this is really a cool site!
lheene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 06:24 AM   #59
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123
ok, so a 103 degree temp is not supposed to fucking happen after nearly a @Q#$!! month on antibiotics. he's four.
I'm sorry man. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:45 AM   #60
glatt

Hang in there, Lookout.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote