The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 01-10-2005, 01:15 PM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

1/10/2005: Whale penis

A shot of an actual whale penis. Celebrate the whale penis!

On 3/28/2002 the IotD first featured the whale penis, and since then it's been an informal glance at how Google ranks phrases, a Cellar tradition, and even a sort of friendly competition (that's how I take it anyway). Here's the history so far.

At one point, the 3/28 image became a point of interest for whale penis images, and the Cellar briefly reached #1 in Google ranking for the phrase, after we talked about it a bit more. That ensured it would be a new Cellar tradition and away we go.

Ex-Cellarite juju, in a fit of pique a while back, built a site to compete with IotD. (It lasted three weeks, and I thought: see, it ain't as easy as it seems, is it now? IotD has to be a bit of a labor of love, which it is for me, and that's what drives it. Love lasts, pique doesn't.) The best image that Juju found was of sperm collection on a live Orca penis, which was very impressive. (I can't find it now, but I know it's out there.)

And Elionwyr found an Orca penis dildo, but again I point out that these are based on Orca wangs, and that Orcas are not really whales even though they are called "killer whales",...

Syc's Ciberbosque then started an impressively long thread on whale penis, growing out of and firmly extending the Cellar tradition.

Yesterday user staceyv wound up at the site of a whale beaching in Connecticut, and remembering the importance of whale peeners, took a few shots which she proudly forwards to IotD via this thread.

Good work all. The tradition lives on. Celebrate the whale penis in all its glory.

The Cellar is currently #22 in Google for the phrase. It truly doesn't matter one bit, but this shot alone is a better resource for the item than most others listed. So it will be interesting to see if others find it and click on it and link it, changing the rank. Are we truly the king of all dorks? Please, no wagering!
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 04:44 PM   #2
wolf
lobber of scimitars

All hail the whale penis!!

Good job, staceyv, on getting the pics.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 07:44 PM   #3
staceyv
Lecturer

Thanks I actually took this picture today, in Newport, Rhode Island. It was at Brenton Point, along the Ocean Drive (where all the mansions are- There's a Jim Carey movie out there that has him riding around the Ocean Drive on a motorcycle, I can't remember which movie...) Anyway, I feel blessed that I was able to witness this miraculous event
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 07:50 PM   #4
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Quite an image.
I hate penises other than my own and I still like the pic.

One question: Where are the cahones?
Old 01-10-2005, 09:12 PM   #5
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Google gets all weird with our ranking...the thread is there one day, gone the next. Haven't seen it in a while, but we'll keep going.

We're still offering free whalepenis.org e-mail forwarders, and you may want to join us in worship at The Church of the Whale Penis.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:50 PM   #6
juggle5
Retired Grizzled Geezer

Still looking for more pix? Check out the group of 13 thumbs at the bottom of the page at http://www.zoofur.com/dolphins.html.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:12 PM   #7
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Good job Stacey, looks like you got there just in time. Do you know where they were taking it?
Old 01-10-2005, 10:32 PM   #8
staceyv
Lecturer

I have no idea. Maybe they were trying to get it to lie straight on the roller or something, but to me, it looked like they were scooping it's guts out onto the pavement. It's been there since Dec. 24 and originally they said they would let it sit there and decompose naturally. I guess some genius figured out that it would take awhile with this cold weather and that it would really stink. Ugh, if you got on the side of it where the wind was blowing it really stank. Where WOULD they take it?? I think they should've chopped it up the same day they found it and took it out to sea as fish food.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:51 PM   #9
staceyv
Lecturer

elpsode found an article about the whale. here's a link:
http://cbs4boston.com/rinews/RI--Wha...rces_news_html
Old 01-10-2005, 11:07 PM   #10
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyv
There's a Jim Carey movie out there that has him riding around the Ocean Drive on a motorcycle, I can't remember which movie...)
Me, Myself and Irene?
Old 01-11-2005, 07:27 AM   #11
Roosta
Nutter.

That's one ugly looking todger. Mrs. whale has to deal with that womb broom on a personal level, the poor cow.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:13 AM   #12
axlrosen
Major Inhabitant

I missed the long history of the whale penis on IOTD. I assume someone mentioned the bar stools on Aristotle Onassis' yacht?

"Perhaps the most famous spot on board, John F. Kennedy first met Sir Winston Churchill in Ari's Bar in 1957... The circular bar itself was originally crafted from the timbers of a Spanish Galleon, wound with heavy sailing rope and is adorned with footrests and handholds of ornately carved whales' teeth... The barstools are covered in whale foreskin, a fact that Onassis delighted in telling his guests."

axlrosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 06:26 PM   #13
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
The barstools are covered in whale foreskin
Stacey's whale must be Jewish.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:01 PM   #14
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Skin it back! I can't believe I just typed that.
The burning question remains: WHERE THE HELL ARE THE CAHONES?

A eunoch (SP?)

I'm considering a diet of nothing but plankton............the circumcision didn't help a lot, either.........
Old 01-12-2005, 06:21 AM   #15
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy
The burning question remains: WHERE THE HELL ARE THE CAHONES?
I believe for whales, as well as most seagoing mammals, they're located inside the body. Dig around the general area of the close-up photo and you might find them. Makes sense though...I mean, if you were a seagoing mammal, would you want to have your sleek sexy marine outline thrown off by a big ol' pair of thingies swinging around? Besides, having them dangle would almost be like dangling bait

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
whale penis