Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-27-2009, 10:49 PM   #1
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Your Perfect Day

Take us through it.

From waking to bedtime. There are no limits....everyone involved is willing and able....money is no object......spared no expense, etc....

try not to read other people's replies until you have composed your own.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:51 AM   #2
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

this is a great thread idea, LJ, but I'm going to have to give it some real thought! I'll get back to you.
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:04 PM   #3
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

i'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that many men's day will start with a Blow job.

Now...... the blow job could be performed by your wife.....or it could be from that girl that nearly made your head cave in......or it could be from Mia Sara..... but MY waking BJ is ...and while I'm fantasizing....this BJ begins before I'm awake....and I just happen to be having a dream about getting a morning BJ,....so....where was I? ....oh yeah...MY perfect day...yeah...so for some reason, Mia Sara, that girl that nearly made your head cave in, and My wife are all fighting over my wangliness as I awake from a dream of just this very thing......
Old 10-28-2009, 08:11 PM   #4
monster
I hear them call the tide

I think the thing about a perfect day is it would need to take me by surprise/contain a few (nice) surprises. if it's scripted/predicted/pondered, it's no longer perfect.

it would definitely involve cuddles with my family, laughter, being outdoors in nice weather -but that could be playing iin the fall leaves, swimming in a warm lake, sledding in deep snow.....) and probably also being indoors watching an amazing thunderstorm once I was all done with being outside.... and it would need to containd some unique element that I could identify it by. like my house miraculously being tidied and sorted exactly the way i want it even though i don't yet know what that is..... or there being no other vehicles on the roads AT ALL... but not too many of these miracles or i'd spend the whole day waiting for the other shoe to drop rather than enjoying it....

It definitely would not involve shopping of any sort, medical issues, illness, paperwork, phonecalls, commercials, other people's children, dogs, Lite beer of any variety, religion, curry, american football (), birds that have become not interesting, mouthbreathers or country music.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I wake up in Claridges.
Dana and I have a suite, and I swim into consciousness slowly because despite the fact the 'rents left yesterday I am still wearing my earplugs - something I will admit to D at breakfast and she will tease me about.

I'm so glad I lost all that weight. Still, fruit salad for breakfast. Dana's having a mad selection - she said she'd complain if they didn't provide brown sauce, but I know she appreciates being in the lap of luxury, and the staff are pretty much just staff - they'll do what they can and wink when you tip them.

Breakfast on the terrace. I'm freshly washed and scrubbed, assume Dana is too but at least but she's making me laugh and looks decent! If I was still obese this robe would be obscene, but then I know I was too, so it's good news all round. We're shopping today and I tell her I'll get some Chanel pyjamas for me, and she can have some too if she likes. She looks at me like a crazy woman, "What do you think Pilau would make of those?!"

We set off late morning. This is about the time I used to get up when I was feeling depressed. Now it's the time I am up and washed and made up and dressed and turning heads and finally learning how to walk for hours in heels. Late morning or not, the streets are shining - we have to dodge numerous street sweepers, but we smile at everyone and everyone smiles at us because it's a dry day with a blue sky and in London that's always worth a smile.

I talk Dana into a Pie n Mash lunch. She's never been into a tiled establishment like this. We don't get linen napkins and wine waiters, just linoleum, benches and booths and a cup of builder's tea. I kinda get that she doesn't get the food, but the banter of the counter staff, the other people and the atmosphere are totally up her street. We're both at home and yet in another world. Roots. Weird, eh? She politely leaves at least 1/3 of her meal and I douse it in vinegar and scoff it too. Damn the diet for one day - I'll go running tomorrow.

We spend the afternoon in the Borough Market. It keeps our noses so full of smells there's not a chance our bellies could feel empty. I love talking to the stallholders who have a passion for food and produce. Dana gets in conversation with people from Yorkshire and asks about animal welfare and farm to food issues, I just flirt. Well, she flirts too - there's a Harrogate farmer very taken with her, I can tell.

Back to the hotel for tea. Not a cream tea, despite my intentions. What with double helpings at lunch and samples at the Market I'm willing just to have a cup of char. Dana can take it or leave it of course - whippet thin as she is.

Afternoon kip. Well, after something sneaky on the balcony. I go out like a light but can hear the TV from her room. Good, I think - let her stay awake while I sleep, I might even be able to match her in the evening. Yeah, right. The woman is a machine! I'll be drooping on her shoulder by midnight.

No dinner. I feel I should skip it before completely destroying my diet (and I have the cute black dress I bought today which I don't want to strain at the seams) and she can operate on zero food anyway. But we head out in time for the John Barrowman concert at the Albert Hall. We're in a VIP box, which means we could arrive a lot later but hell, who would want to miss the atmosphere? Wasabi peanuts and vodka fill the void.

JB is fantastic, fantastic, fantastic, but the best part is meeting up with him backstage (thanks to a craftily large donation to The Dogs' League - well, not so crafty as Dana supports them too, but I feel like a cat traitor). He is so down to earth while still being fabulous. He seems happy to undress while he and Dana talk about really obscure Dr Who fan-facts. I'm half tempted to butt in and mention some of the Torchwood slash I've read, but realise in time that would be terribly tacky. Get a nice glimpse of his arse though. Dani & I catch eachother's eyes and mostly succeed in not snorting like schoolgirls. Mostly.

Turns out he is going to meet up with Mark Gatiss tonight, and given Dana's level of Who-geek, he wants to take us along (Gatiss being another Whovian). Bloody hell! When we meet Mark I'm afraid I divert the conversation from classic TV to general novels. The great thing is we all have overlapping taste and can discuss anyone from Diana Wynne Jones and Margaret Mahy to Camus and Chaucer. I do drink more than I intended, but not in a way that I show myself up. We just all get a bit silly-giggly and the boys say they haven't laughed as much in a while. Mark's impression of Eve Myles is something to behold.

When we get the taxi back to the hotel I just can't believe what a perfect day it's been. Tomorrow I will go out for a run and call my parents to check they're okay (in Spain). I give Dana a hug before going into my room - she's the perfect companion for a perfect day.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:55 PM   #6
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Hah - did what was suggested and just went to the end.
Didn't realise I'd be first.
It will probably read sad and fantastical when others post.

I am short of money, short of friends, I live in my parents' house and follow their rules.

So my (fantasy) perfect day is with someone I have met and trust implicitly.
I have money - plenty - it is no issue, but note that the spending of it is not my goal, only what it achieves.
And I have little (hmmmm, NO) real life intellectual conversation, so okay - I'm having it with two heroes of mine, but if I scaled this down it could just be like-minded people we met in a pub, although I'm trying to keep alcohol out of it.

Some parts of my perfect day are pure dreaming. Lottery win dreaming. And note - no (straight) men and no sex. I can crave that, but not really imagine it.
Some of the underlying wishes might come true.

Looking forward to reading y'all's.

Last edited by Sundae; 10-29-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:57 PM   #7
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
i'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that many men's day will start with a Blow job.
That was my original thought on the subject, and remains to be the one thing I am 100% certain of.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:00 PM   #8
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

There are so many ways I could think about that would make for a perfect day...

But I'm reminded of this video: Where Would You Wake Up? I love the first guy, he's so shy about it...yet it's such a sweet and genuine answer.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #9
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

FTR - he's in the underpass outside Waterloo Station.
Cool.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #10
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Old 10-29-2009, 02:11 PM   #11
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
It definitely would not involve shopping of any sort, medical issues, illness, paperwork, phonecalls, commercials, other people's children, dogs, Lite beer of any variety, religion, curry, american football (), birds that have become not interesting, mouthbreathers or country music.
What about apostrophes? Would there be apostrophes?

Also, not to be pedantic (and I'm betting that pedantic people will be on your list if theywe aren't already), but wouldn't "other people's children" technically eliminate the entire human race?
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:18 PM   #12
Juniper
I know, right?

Perhaps an all-expenses-paid trip to Disney on a beautiful day with hardly any crowd, fast-passes for all the rides, and a little golf cart to drive around with my family. Then the evening spent in the pool, floating in a lounger with a margarita on the rocks. Or four. Then the kids get a separate bedroom and we parents end the evening with a bang.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:04 PM   #13
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl
It will probably read sad and fantastical when others post.
Not at all. I thought it was very nice. I've stayed out of the thread specifically because I know I'd be a downer--my perfect day would involve shit like my son saying, "Hi Mommy! I love you."

See? I'm a fucking downer.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:10 PM   #14
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Hardly a downer if that's what curls your toes. Knowing what is dear to a person tells you about them. I have a lot of thoughts swirling about this topic and am having a hard time whittling it down to an 18 hour period.

That's the thing with decisions....up until you make your choice, you own all the possibilities. Once you choose, you forfeit all the rest. I've also gotten a couple nice ideas from the first couple....I like the unoccupied amusement park idea....and the rock concert .....
Old 10-29-2009, 05:18 PM   #15
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Any day on the beach in Jamacia at an all inclusive with no internet and no cell phone.