The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 04-09-2004, 01:35 AM   #1
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Starwars clone wars cartoon

Has Any body else cought any of the star wars clone wars cartoons on cartoon network ???? I have 1-10 saved on my Tivo and 11-20 are set to tape tomorow nite . These 5 minet cartoons are done by the same gut that originaly did Dexter lab and Samuri Jack . Is any body else a fan of GOOD cartoons ???
Old 04-09-2004, 09:51 AM   #2
perth
Strong Silent Type

Re: Starwars clone wars cartoon

Quote:
Originally posted by zippyt
Has Any body else cought any of the star wars clone wars cartoons on cartoon network ???? I have 1-10 saved on my Tivo and 11-20 are set to tape tomorow nite . These 5 minet cartoons are done by the same gut that originaly did Dexter lab and Samuri Jack . Is any body else a fan of GOOD cartoons ???
Those cartoons are worlds better than the crap Lucas is shoveling lately. Anakin still pisses me off, but the storyline in the cartoons is kinda cool, Mace kicks ass and the Clone Troopers are the coolest redshirts I've ever seen.
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 03:44 PM   #3
cowhead
halve your cake and eat it too.

yuppers..

I've seen a few of them, they look pretty slick.. do you remember when they tried to do the starwars animated series.. oh geez in the early 90's I think.. the main problem being that they were sooooo restricted in character developement that it got pretty lame rather quickly (yeah I know to some it'd be like re-writing the bible.. or the oddessy.. or nancy drew ) ) the books got to have a little more leeway (sp?) which was nice. as to cool cartoons (besides the simpsons) It took me a looong time but I've really warmed up to futurama (warning! blasphamy ahead!!!) and I think it's really the better of groenings' creations... *ducking* realy most things on Cartoon Network right now are pretty cool... and the sense of humour that is develoing about them is a really really nice thing (people who grew up with them.. the good ones.. are finally getting to make them... (uh..duh?)...

although I still loves me some transformers.. and Gforce... and thundar the barbarian... and looney toons.. and animaniacs.. and and and... sigh.. I need to go to the store and see if I can bolster my collection...

@-)
Old 05-09-2004, 04:55 AM   #4
pirate
Burn anything in 3 minutes...Guaranteed!!!!! !

I think it sometimes is really quite sad how they bring out animated versions of movies. Take X-Men for instance, great movie, crap cartoon, none of the characters remotly relate to the story of mutants and it is all based around conflict always fighting with new foes you have never ever heard of.

The new teenage mutant ninja turtles are crap too, the older version was ALOT better
pirate is offline   Reply With Quote