The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2006, 10:28 AM   #11
BlacKat1980
You did what!!?

[quote=Iggy]I usually agree with most christians, but I have issues with some of what is believed in the faith. So maybe I am not actually christian but that is the closest to what I do believe. It is so confusing that I don't know how to tell him about it. He wants definitive explainations why christians believe certain things, and I can't give him that. I just know that is what I was taught. That is the major reason I don't discount our differences. If I don't really know why I believe what I believe, then how can I tell him he should believe the same too?

I know this makes me seem really fake and superficial and I am trying to remedy that. But I find it hard to believe that everyone who isn't Christian will go to hell. I just don't know what to think sometimes. I just need time and a better education into my religion, and then I will know what I believe.[quote]

As you learn more about Christianity you will know what to say to your boyfriend. Offer for him to read small sections of the bible that will help explain Christian beliefs, ask fellow christians for help with it. God will also be helping you as you learn to know what to say to people who don't understand or opose Christianity. Even if someone isn't a Christian, if they repent and accept Jesus into their lives before they die, they will be accepted into Heaven with all other Christians - if they are truly regretful.