The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > The Internet

The Internet Web sites, web development, email, chat, bandwidth, the net and society

Old 07-21-2005, 12:00 PM   #196
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
--snip--... I am, with all my faults, supposed to be the grown-up.
Bottom line.

Even when I'm being poked with a stick, yanked by my chain, etc. Two thoughts: this is just the (longish) moment before the sh*t actually hits the fan, it is on an inevitable trajectory, we're just seeing it mid-fling. (Upon reflection, I think much poo has been flung to this point, and we're seeing a moment between barrages... :blech: )

Also, just before, and especially after impact, is an important time to remember the bottom line. This can be/should be a teachable moment. There is an optimum response here. Just based on the short clip we saw, I can't fairly say what it is, more this or less that, harder, softer, whatever. I can imagine many other much worse responses that weren't captured on tape, and that's encouraging.

Kids are continuously probing the limits of their world, (think of all the reckless behaviors you and I know better than to attempt). Knowing where the edge of the parents' _____ (tolerance, flashpoint, devotion, etc) is is an important piece of figuring out the big unknown (though they'll choke before they admit it) world.

Parenting is one unending test, administered by the children and other circumstances. I got to pay attention or I fail the test and I fail the kid.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:08 PM   #197
Hobbs
Professor for the school of ass-clownery

I ran into this link the other day looking for a information on King Tut. Check out the "Atlas of The Valley of the Kings" and all of the tombs therein. I'm not a real nut for ancient Egypt stuff, I just dig on historical stuff and awsome uses of Flash animation programming.

Theban Mapping Project
Old 07-21-2005, 03:00 PM   #198
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Amazing Hobbs. Thanks.

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 02:45 PM   #199
mrnoodle
bent

Found this nutty link about black power and such while browsing memepool today. I haven't decided if it's a joke or not. I laughed, but YMMV. The theme is supposedly "white lesbian feminists stole our women and we have to take them back" but there are about 10 pages (so far) that are just rants about black women who dye their hair "piss yellow". With hilarious pics.

Anyway.
mrnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:34 PM   #200
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Oops--that website noodle posted states they oppose lesbian feminism witchcraft. They've just made a powerful enemy.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 03:57 PM   #201
mrnoodle
bent

Remember the falling woman? Here are some mods. bin laden possibly nsfw, since his little weener sticks out
mrnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 05:22 PM   #202
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Bin Laden gets himself stuck in some very unusual postures, I must say.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 05:30 PM   #203
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

And now for something different. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you:

SKELETON MAN!!
Old 08-16-2005, 01:42 AM   #204
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Awesome.

I've seen this before. I think it is very cool when Skeleton Man disses the inadequate tippers.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 08-16-2005, 03:02 PM   #205
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Ever wonder what would happen if you popped a water balloon in space?

click here to find out.

NASA has too much time on their hands.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:16 AM   #206
wolf
lobber of scimitars

You should not mock important science like that!

Old 08-17-2005, 09:02 AM   #207
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

www.gofugyourself.com is a site that will cheer you right up. I like the archive on Britney the very best. Enjoy!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 09:30 AM   #208
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

That's so funny! I was just thinking about posting Fug, as well as http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 12:51 AM   #209
wolf
lobber of scimitars

How Gullible Are You?

Your GF score is 79.
(Out of a range of 0 - 100, where 0 = mind slave, and 100 = free thinker.)

Free Thinker
Welcome to the top 5%. You're a true free thinker and a person who is well informed about the reality in which you live. Although you may have been easily manipulated earlier in life, you eventually gained lucidity and developed a healthy sense of skepticism that you now automatically apply to your observations and experiences. You are endlessly curious about human behavior and the nature of the universe, and you have one or more lifestyle habits that most people would consider odd or unusual. You are not only of very high intelligence, you are also extremely creative in one or more areas (music, art, software development, inventing, etc.)

If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, completed the combat training, and started fighting (and beating) agents from day one.

Your architects: You have cast off reality distortions taught to you by your parents, schooling, corporate advertising and government propaganda. You create your own beliefs based on what serves you best, without much regard for what the rest of the crowd is doing. You are guided by your own internal code of ethics (which may or may not agree with politically-correct ethical codes) rather than any pre-set system of ethics (such as from any one religion).

Old 08-30-2005, 08:31 AM   #210
bigw00dy
I'm here once in a while

For anybody who follows the Philiadelphia Eagles and Terrel Owens controversy.
bigw00dy is offline   Reply With Quote