The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 02-02-2002, 11:23 AM   #16
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Quote:
Originally posted by jaguar
I run an ICQ bar down the side of the screen.
Gee...and I was only kidding about the problem being animated smilies. Many a true word spoken in jest. :-)
A thread that starts "you post your images too wide for me, you're a repeat offender" isn't a good place to accuse others of being petty.
Enjoy your homework.

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 03:11 PM   #17
russotto
Professor

Quote:
Originally posted by dhamsaic

You a Mac boy?
More like a Mac _geezer_ nowadays.
russotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 03:23 PM   #18
dave

Word, word. What system you running, if you don't mind my asking?

You *will* like that new display - I play with them over at the Apple store, and they're definitely quite nice. Unfortunately, my desire for something larger (both resolution-wise and viewable-space-wise) keeps me from any of Apple's LCD's, but some day, when they put out a 19" (or 20" or 22") that's capable of doing 1600x1200 and only costs $500 or $600, I'll be all over it.
Old 02-05-2002, 09:33 AM   #19
kaleidoscopic ziggurat
Coronation Incarnate

Quote:
Originally posted by MaggieL
The thing with the arrows at the bottom of the window is a scroll bar. Use it.
just last week on another msg board i frequent some guy had a bit of fun while the admin was away by posting a thread with a title so long that it stretched out the screen... this resulted in a flurry of insults, degrading comments, rejection from friends, invasion of privacy [someone kept threatening to look him up in the gov't, then posted people's addresses when they attacked him] and eventually even DEATH THREATS.

all over a scroll bar.

i mean, ya... people need to get some damn perspective before they get SO DAMN MAD over such a minor thing. this is like a minor repeat of the lame crap that went down last week. seriously... this isn't television.
kaleidoscopic ziggurat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 10:06 AM   #20
dave

I agree with you, and I don't generally get bent out of shape about page lengthening posts and the like. But the reason people do is simple - it's one guy pissing in their collective lemonade. He's just doing it to be an asshole. Not saying this was the case with Maggie - I had no problem with her image (1280x1024 @ work and 1600x1200 @ home so I can see most anything), but I can understand how people would get irritated with some idiot that intentionally makes this just a little more miserable for the regular users.