The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-07-2004, 12:38 PM   #1
marichiko

Mike's Advice

I'm posting this here, because I don't even want to go anywhere near that thread from hell. Last night I was telling my SO a bit of what has been going on here. Mike knows Flippant, as well as me, and in fact it was Flippant who introduced us. Mike thought it was riot that anyone could think one of us was the other until I explained to him how cyberspace works. Mike seldom goes anywhere near the net except on rare occasions to track down music for a classical guitar piece he's interested in learning. Explaining to him about the Cellar was about like explaining life on Mars to him, but he finally got the picture, I think.

When I told him about the confusion between me and Flippant due to us using the same computer, he said, "Well, can you blame them? I'd be skeptical, too." That really brought me up short. I'd been too lost in trees to see the forest. Of course, people would have their doubts. I'm sorry I got so mad at you all over it.

Mike read through a bit of "the thread from hell," looked over at me and commented, "This thing is horrible! Why are you wasting your time on this?" I guess I needed to hear those words from somebody who really cares about me in actual life. Mike's right. Why waste my time on something that only takes away from my spirit? He's playing "Recuerdos" in the next room. I think I'll get out of here and go listen.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:25 PM   #2
garnet

Hey Mari, remember when LJ and I were having a "battle" one time and you posted that photo of the crematoriums at Auschwitz? It really put things back into perspective for me. This little internet forum isn't really that important in the scheme of things. It really isn't worth it.

Go for a walk, read a good book, work on your resume, go out to lunch with one of your friends, call your mom, whatever. That's life, this isn't.
garnet is offline   Reply With Quote