The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 08-16-2004, 05:30 PM   #1
marichiko

Would you hire this individual?

Griff's thread on human sacrifice got me curious about the psychological causes of gradiosity. I goggled the terms grandiosity, pathology, and psychology; and to my amazement the first 3 hits were about George Jr. I searched further to come across anything mainstream (or more mainstream) about George Jr. And found this: http://medicolegal.tripod.com/georgebush.htm
Verrrry interesting... What do the rest of you think?

Last edited by marichiko; 08-16-2004 at 05:35 PM. Reason: To give Griff his due credit
Old 08-16-2004, 05:45 PM   #2
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I think the site reads like it was written by tw.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 06:01 PM   #3
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Mari-You could tease out the humanity of someone who molested children. I am certain you could do the same for someone who got a DUI.

PS: I am no fan of Bush
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 06:06 PM   #4
lookout123
changed his status to single

um, wow. mari - i hope you were posting that site as a joke or something. that was over the top hysteria in its most pure form. that is even more ridiculous than the rantings of the dual asshats rush/hannity.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:23 PM   #5
marichiko

You guys should have seen the REALLY nutty sites that I deemed as not yet ready for viewing by sensitive young cellurites. The stuff is true, however. George Jr. did get a DUI at 30, and it took him 10 more years to wise up and quit drinking. Duh, what? Stop and think about it. Would you hire an individual with those things in his back ground for a top level, complete security clearance type job? I wouldn't.

And to Brianna, sure George Jr. is human (theoretically), but that doesn't mean he is still not accountable for his actions. Just because I saw the suffering the man who had molested children was enduring doesn't mean I think it would be a great idea to make him a boy scout leader.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:31 PM   #6
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

The stuff is true, however. George Jr. did get a DUI at 30, and it took him 10 more years to wise up and quit drinking.

Sure... but did you read the section on how the presence of a rat poison in cigarettes is a conspiracy of the SOUTH because they're still bitter they lost the Civil War?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 08:16 PM   #7
lookout123

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
The stuff is true, however.

sure they do have facts in their arguments, but that doesn't mean their positions are correct. if we sit back and think real hard we can each probably think of at least 1 or 2 cellarites who use true facts to support absolutely ridiculous ideas. (and yes, maybe some of you may include me as one of your individuals)

having a dui in your past doesn't make one incapable of operating in a high stress, critical position. it simply means that someone made a bad decision. to equate that with child molestation is a little over the top.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:22 PM   #8
garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
Stop and think about it. Would you hire an individual with those things in his back ground for a top level, complete security clearance type job? I wouldn't.

What about THIS guy? Ha ha ha...

http://www.gwpda.org/tomorrow/bushsuckerpunch.gif
garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 08:26 PM   #9
lookout123

that is freaking awesome, great photo.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:35 PM   #10
marichiko

How amusing! That's what I get for not following all the links. And I come from a family of tobacco farmers, too! I can't tell you the many happy childhood memories I have of going back to Kentucky for the tobacco harvest, and how we'd all gather in a solemn circle around the bundles of cured leaves, add coumarin to them, and intone "Tha South Shall Rize Agin'! Halleluyah!" That's why I now spoke only American Spirit cigarettes - no chemical additives! Anyhow, I said I had to wade through a lot of wierd sites. Guess I stopped wading too soon!
Old 08-16-2004, 08:43 PM   #11
lookout123

thank goodness, for a moment i thought you had gone off the deepend Mari.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:32 PM   #12
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Whoever wrote that site would make a great Salt Water Taffy puller, the way they stretch things.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:34 PM   #13
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123
...having a dui in your past doesn't make one incapable of operating in a high stress, critical position. it simply means that someone made a bad decision. to equate that with child molestation is a little over the top.
I am not equating the two. I merely meant that if Mari could find it in her heart to empathize with a child molester surely she could forgive a DUI. MmmmKay?
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:01 PM   #14
lookout123

mmmkay.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:05 PM   #15
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
I am not equating the two. I merely meant that if Mari could find it in her heart to empathize with a child molester surely she could forgive a DUI. MmmmKay?
Sure, I can forgive a DUI. But do I want to make him a designated driver? Anyhow, this time the joke's on me. Its what I get for trying to research something while at the same time console a friend about his love life. He went out with the girl in question about an hour ago, and I sure as hell hope he didn't pay any attention to the advise I gave him, given my batting average here on this one!