Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 01-19-2007, 10:25 AM   #301
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
And those hurricanes that made rkzenrage's hair drier non-fuctional were not category five - just normal FL hurricanes.
Dude, that ain't cool.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:36 PM   #302
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

tw, take a step back mate, that last dig was really unpleasant.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:59 PM   #303
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Actually in 2005 there were seven Hurricanes in FL listed as Category 3 or better, 4 of which were Category 5's. Just so we are all dealing with actual FACTS.
http://FL hurricane stormlist 2005
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:07 AM   #304
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman065 View Post
Actually in 2005 there were seven Hurricanes in FL listed as Category 3 or better, 4 of which were Category 5's.
Which hurricanes struck FL as category 4? From Yesman065's citation:
Nate passed S at only 85 MPH.
Dennis only did the western Keys at 90 MPH.
Ophelia remains in the Atlantic at 40 MPH.
Rita did the southern keys at 100 MPH
Wilma crossed southern FL at 120 MPH.
Katrina did southern FL at 80 MPH.

Everyone FL hurricane except Wilma was a category one or category two. (I believe I am missing one that was a non-event in Orlando). Somehow this is a disaster?
Wilma was a 175 MPH storm but not when in FL.
Dennis was 150 MPH but only 90 MPH when near to FL.
Rita was a 175 MPH storm but only 100 MPH when at southern FL.
Katrina was a 175 MPH storm but only 80 MPH when at southern FL.
Elsewhere they were (or almost) category five. But not in FL.

Pass Christian MS moved all equipment 10 miles inland to protect it. Katrina storm surge flooded completely through Pass Christian and destroyed equipment ten miles inland. The storm surge was easily 20 feet or more. This storm in MS proves that FL had disasters as rkzenrage claims? That same storm surge crashed over a 17' levee, crossed two miles of marsh, crashed over another 17' levee, washed completely through St Bernard's Parish, crossed the Industrial canal, crossed another levee and entered New Orlean's ninth ward.

Let's see. How many hurricanes washed through Miami Beach, through Miami, through Hialeah and into the Everglades? How many washed completely through Naples and Fort Myers? How many washed completely through Clearwater and St Petersburg? None. None even came close. But rkzenrage could not make coffee? He had to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? Therefore he suffered in a disaster?

Is it a full moon? I don't know what rkzenrage's winds were. But every FL storm that year was - at its worst - nothing more than a standard FL hurricane. Furthermore, destructive ones hit the Keys and Everglades National Park - lightly populated. Even Key West did not suffer massive damage. Where is this disaster? It really makes me wonder if UG is right? Are we all pathetic whimps? No electricity and that is a disaster?

When a real hurricane hit America, foreigners repeatedly tried to offer help. But a mental midget president, instead, went to CA for a campaign fund raiser. Aid was rejected. That proves to rkzenrage that only Americans are generous? Get a grip. Typhoons of 150 and 200 MPH struck the Phillippines, China, Taiwan, and even Vietnam. These were category four and five. At least one so strong that a new rating - category six - has been proposed. How well reported was it in America? But again, nobody in FL lost electricity? Therefore these typhoons were not serious?

Why should Chile and Italy supply assistance to rkzenrage? Learn from St Bernards Parish, Pass Christian, mainland China, Phillippines, etc. rkzenrage apparently has no idea what constitutes a disaster. But then numbers even make that obvious.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:17 AM   #305
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

What you just made obvious is your total and complete lack of compassion, caring or humanity - you are unbelievably callous, cold and bordering on inhumane.

P.S. You still owe me an apology.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:02 AM   #306
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Yesman, tw isn't emotionless: win the argument and he will visibly hate you, spending an inordinate amount of time and words trying to secure a win -- which he's never cool and logical enough to see that the word-torrent serves about as well to dig him in deeper as to pull him out. He simulates rationality, but the simulation breaks down frequently, especially under well-founded challenges by persons better informed than he -- those who didn't learn history in Soviet-era Russia.

Believe me, my experience of him shows he has emotions -- but that none of them are happy. Happy men, fullfilled men, do not write like tw either.

How this squares with the brief burst of jokes earlier this month I do not know.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:06 AM   #307
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Katrina hit NO at 130, a strong category 3.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 11:00 AM   #308
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
How this squares with the brief burst of jokes earlier this month I do not know.
He must have gone of his meds.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:05 PM   #309
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
He was talking about when it hit Flordia.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:01 PM   #310
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I was talking about when it hit NO.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:19 PM   #311
Saddam Hussein
The CIA faked my death

It's nice to see that everyone is still focused on poor ol' dead Saddam.
Saddam Hussein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:35 PM   #312
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Fuck him, he's dead. Next! :p
Old 01-20-2007, 10:41 PM   #313
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Uh oh, necrophilia. :p And bobblehead necrophilia at that.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:48 PM   #314
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Why did Katrina flood and destroy even ten miles inland? That never happened during any of FL's normal hurricanes. Katrina was a serious hurricane. FL hurricanes were trivial. But kzenrage somehow accuses Chile, Italy, et al of being Scrooges? Somehow he knows this dispite facts and numbers.

Once Katrina hit land, its 175 MPH winds created something that only occurs during category five - a massive flood wall not seen since Camille(?).

rkzenrage suffered maybe trivial category two storm damage, at most, and hyped that somehow into major disaster. Maybe he should first ask what the BBC always asks. Why are those electric lines overhead? No electricity? A major calamity.

rkzenrage accuses other nations of being misers because they did not send him assistance. America eliminated welfare to those who do not deserve it. Now rkzenrage demands welfare even from other nations? Above numbers show how FL had nothing but normal FL hurricanes. So rkzenrage accuses other nations of being misers because he did not receive a Mongolian care package?

I mock? How could I not? rkzenrage would have us believe he suffered as much as Sen Trent Lott? Maybe George Jr will rebuild his house too. Ahhh, but first rkzenrage must suffer significant damage. Warm soda does not count.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:54 PM   #315
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Dude - you are not right in the head. Thats just wrong.