The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 10-12-2007, 12:28 AM   #1
rkzenrage

Ann is officially just an idiot

I used to think it was a tactic, a game, she has some alternative end-game she had in mind... nope.. she's just a dumb-ass.
Seinfeld if a reflection of reality... I lolled!

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/ea..._id=1003657196

Quote:
Ann Coulter on CNBC Show: Jews Need 'Perfecting'

By E&P Staff

Published: October 11, 2007 12:15 AM ET

NEW YORK Appearing on Donny Deutsch's CNBC show, "The Big Idea," on Monday night, columnist/author Ann Coulter suggested that the U.S. would be a better place if there weren't any Jewish people and that they had "perfected" themselves into -- Christians.

It led Deutsch to suggest that surely he couldn't mean that, and when she insisted she did, he said this sounded "anti-Semitic."

Asked by Deutsch regarding whether she wanted to be like "the head of Iran" and "wipe Israel off the Earth," Coulter stated: "No, we just want Jews to be perfected, as they say. ... That's what Christianity is. We believe the Old Testament."

A transcript, provided by Media Matters, follows.

DEUTSCH: Christian -- so we should be Christian? It would be better if we were all Christian?

COULTER: Yes.

DEUTSCH: We should all be Christian?

COULTER: Yes. Would you like to come to church with me, Donny?

DEUTSCH: So I should not be a Jew, I should be a Christian, and this would be a better place?

COULTER: Well, you could be a practicing Jew, but you're not.

DEUTSCH: I actually am. That's not true. I really am. But -- so we would be better if we were - if people -- if there were no Jews, no Buddhists --

COULTER: Whenever I'm harangued by --

DEUTSCH: -- in this country? You can't believe that.

COULTER: -- you know, liberals on diversity --

DEUTSCH: Here you go again.

COULTER: No, it's true. I give all of these speeches at megachurches across America, and the one thing that's really striking about it is how utterly, completely diverse they are, and completely unself-consciously. You walk past a mixed-race couple in New York, and it's like they have a chip on their shoulder. They're just waiting for somebody to say something, as if anybody would. And --

DEUTSCH: I don't agree with that. I don't agree with that at all. Maybe you have the chip looking at them. I see a lot of interracial couples, and I don't see any more or less chips there either way. That's erroneous.

COULTER: No. In fact, there was an entire Seinfeld episode about Elaine and her boyfriend dating because they wanted to be a mixed-race couple, so you're lying.

DEUTSCH: Oh, because of some Seinfeld episode? OK.

COULTER: But yeah, I think that's reflective of what's going on in the culture, but it is completely striking that at these huge megachurches -- the idea that, you know, the more Christian you are, the less tolerant you would be is preposterous.

DEUTSCH: That isn't what I said, but you said I should not -- we should just throw Judaism away and we should all be Christians, then, or --

COULTER: Yeah.

DEUTSCH: Really?

COULTER: Well, it's a lot easier. It's kind of a fast track.

DEUTSCH: Really?

COULTER: Yeah. You have to obey.

DEUTSCH: You can't possibly believe that.

COULTER: Yes.

DEUTSCH: You can't possibly -- you're too educated, you can't -- you're like my friend in --

COULTER: Do you know what Christianity is? We believe your religion, but you have to obey.

DEUTSCH: No, no, no, but I mean --

COULTER: We have the fast-track program.

DEUTSCH: Why don't I put you with the head of Iran? I mean, come on. You can't believe that.

COULTER: The head of Iran is not a Christian.

DEUTSCH: No, but in fact, "Let's wipe Israel" --

COULTER: I don't know if you've been paying attention.

DEUTSCH: "Let's wipe Israel off the earth." I mean, what, no Jews?

COULTER: No, we think -- we just want Jews to be perfected, as they say.

DEUTSCH: Wow, you didn't really say that, did you?

COULTER: Yes. That is what Christianity is. We believe the Old Testament, but ours is more like Federal Express. You have to obey laws. We know we're all sinners --

DEUTSCH: In my old days, I would have argued -- when you say something absurd like that, there's no --

COULTER: What's absurd?

DEUTSCH: Jews are going to be perfected. I'm going to go off and try to perfect myself --

COULTER: Well, that's what the New Testament says.

DEUTSCH: Ann Coulter, author of If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans, and if Ann Coulter had any brains, she would not say Jews need to be perfected. I'm offended by that personally. And we'll have more Big Idea when we come back.

[...]

DEUTSCH: Welcome back to The Big Idea. During the break, Ann said she wanted to explain her last comment. So I'm going to give her a chance. So you don't think that was offensive?

COULTER: No. I'm sorry. It is not intended to be. I don't think you should take it that way, but that is what Christians consider themselves: perfected Jews. We believe the Old Testament. As you know from the Old Testament, God was constantly getting fed up with humans for not being able to, you know, live up to all the laws. What Christians believe -- this is just a statement of what the New Testament is -- is that that's why Christ came and died for our sins. Christians believe the Old Testament. You don't believe our testament.

DEUTSCH: You said -- your exact words were, "Jews need to be perfected." Those are the words out of your mouth.

COULTER: No, I'm saying that's what a Christian is.

DEUTSCH: But that's what you said -- don't you see how hateful, how anti-Semitic --

COULTER: No!

DEUTSCH: How do you not see? You're an educated woman. How do you not see that?

COULTER: That isn't hateful at all.

DEUTSCH: But that's even a scarier thought.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:48 AM   #2
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

It would be funny if there weren't so many people paying attention to this gal. The fact that some people are listening to her and nodding their heads is kinda scary.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:02 PM   #3
rkzenrage

Idiots follow idiots and feel good about it. They feel validated that someone on TV is as stupid as they are, especially an articulate idiot with a degree.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:50 PM   #4
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

I find her to be funny as hell. An idiot never the less, but funny as hell.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:38 PM   #5
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Quote:
Idiots follow idiots and feel good about it. They feel validated that someone on TV is as stupid as they are, especially an articulate idiot with a degree.
I feel much better about myself if they appear to be even stupider than I am. This doesn't happen too often of course, so it makes it all the more joyful when it does.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:04 AM   #6
Cloud

Quote:
you have to obey.
uh huh. I think there's my problem right there.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:27 PM   #7
freshnesschronic
Professor

Holy crap. Megachurches...
No idea what kind of gears are churning in her head.
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 02:32 PM   #8
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Ann Coulter an idiot, eh? And in other news, water is wet.

When I heard about this, I tried to put it into Rush Limbaugh's style...You see, it's these kook conservatives on the right fringe that want to do away with your Social Security and force their deeply Christian beliefs on you!
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:34 AM   #9
rkzenrage

Like I said, I used to think she was a savant, or smart and it was a tactic for effect... I was SO WRONG! She is just a hick moron.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:40 AM   #10
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Unless she only cares about making headlines. She does that very well. She is almost a savant in standing out from even her unpleasant ilk.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:24 PM   #11
rkzenrage

NSFW
Old 10-25-2007, 12:23 AM   #12
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Well, I find both Ann's remarks and the grousing at them to be absurd. If she didn't think Christianity was really the best thing going, would she be a Christian? Should anyone complain at this?

I rather see her point about looking at Christians as evolved, though she says "perfected," Jews. Either direction, though, New Testament or Old, it's all God, and all One, be the visualization of God the triangular trinitarian one or a more-singular Perfect Circle. What were Christians in the beginning? The first generation of Christians were a variety of Jew, were they not? -- setting aside the conversions of sundry Romans and Greeks that soon came.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:23 PM   #13
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Ann Coulter

Unclean Rot
Corneal Nut
Rectal Noun
Cannot Rule
Loaner Cunt
Annul Recto
Can Lure Not
Real Con Nut
Real Cunt On
An Ulcer Not
La Cunt En Or
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:53 AM   #14
rkzenrage

Ok then UG, Atheist - perfected theist.
Wow, that's not insulting at all is it?
Old 10-26-2007, 09:40 AM   #15
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Ann Coulter

Unclean Rot
Corneal Nut
Rectal Noun
Cannot Rule
Loaner Cunt
Annul Recto
Can Lure Not
Real Con Nut
Real Cunt On