The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 04-13-2004, 10:12 AM   #61
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

yeah, something's getting to you lately. you've been a tad ....uhm.........fierce... lately. what's going on? you ok? the IRS got you down? Are you hearing those voices in your head again?

-a concerned citizen
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 10:14 AM   #62
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
yeah, something's getting to you lately. you've been a tad ....uhm.........fierce... lately. what's going on? you ok? the IRS got you down? Are you hearing those voices in your head again?

-a concerned citizen
LOL fierce.... I like that adjective. Yeah, I'll try to get to my journal today at work. You'd think after a week's vacation I'd be less fierce...but it's only served to make me moreso. *shrug* Not even sex is helping. Hmmm..
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 10:26 AM   #63
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Are you taking your B vitamins? I've heard that a deficiency there can cause undue aggression in SOME women. You might also try some nice marijuana to relax you. Or try physical excertion....i know, it sounds like an extreme measure, but a brisk walk everynight can clear your head nicely. you may also try "roughing it" as defined by dave a while ago.....if you remember how he defined it.....
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 11:11 AM   #64
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

I have tried to forget most of Dave's advise.

And my husband makes me take vitamins. Well, A vitamin. And since he knows I have problems taking pills, he bought me the chewable kind. Isn't he thoughtful.
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 01:48 PM   #65
Kikoo
Disorderly Disciplinarian

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
Kikoo, you have to understand that most threads don't stay on the original topic. They tend to wander all over the place.
ok, i understand
Old 04-13-2004, 02:16 PM   #66
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kikoo
i must admit i understand nothing anymore
Germans ? Wolf ? Tracy Ullman ? Mme Doubtfire ? Barbecue ??
They all love David Hasselhoff, except Barbecue. David Hasselhoff loves that.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 04:36 PM   #67
marichiko

Quote:
Originally posted by OnyxCougar

But that's just my point. There are ALL KINDS of indicators that she is a woman, if you just READ. Honest to God, I don't have a problem with you personally, and I REALLY don't mean to be bitchy about this, but for shit's sake! PLEASE! Pretty please. ok? TRY not to assume things? Please?
Look, I don't want to go on endlessly about this. I don't have anything against you either. If I offended you, I apologize. I really only know Wolf from this thread and the occasional comment thrown in recently on a few others. You can't expect people new to the board to go back and read all the old threads from day one. It wouldn't do ME any good, anyhow. If you'd read all MY posts, you'd know that I suffer from a mild neurological condition which impacts my short term memory, among other things. Its all I can do to keep the posts in a most recent thread clear. Sometimes I don't. I do the best I can.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:05 PM   #68
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Now you see all the trouble the french cause.
Old 04-23-2004, 09:57 PM   #69
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
"Oh yeah, sure alot of Brits feel the royal family is a "pimple"?.... that's why nobody went to Diana's funeral. Or to royal's weddings. Yeah.
Umm.....Well first off whilst many thousands of people went to Diana's funeral I might point out the millions who didnt.....

And....well same goes for the royal weddings. Really please dont look at the screaming fans and flag wavers and think we're all ardent royalists. Do you think we all worship the Beatles as well?

Seriously....mass hysteria and people competing with eachother to be more moved and outraged than the next person is not the mainstream.

I actually dont know anybody in Britain who does want the monarchy ......we didnt ask for them.....I seem to recall we did that whole revolution and execution of the king thing ourselves at one point.

All this talk of how different French and British are....Yah . We're very different but we're also very similar. The English have been ruled by the French. Our culture is a homogenisation of German, Scandanavian, Gallic and British( original sense of British rather than modern) The Norman French ruled in Britain for nearly three centuries. Even an Anglo saxon enthusiast such as me can see that has partially formed who we are.

We're also very different....I would like to think the biggest thing that seperates us is our language. ....Though actually huge swathes of that came from French.....

Britain's culture is a hybrid culture refined into its own branch of Europeanness (:P) When the French and English poke fun at each other I always see it as sibling rivalry. Likewise the Germans. I think we all rather hope it remains as friendly .....this time of peace between us was hard won
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 11:09 PM   #70
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Quote:
Originally posted by DanaC

Do you think we all worship the Beatles as well?
Umm. Doesn't everybody?
dar512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 01:29 AM   #71
jaguar
whig

I blame the Sun personally. If it wasn't for the grotty tabliod media it'd be Diana who?

I don't think most brits give two fucks about the royal family, but by your arguement all the screaming fans at a Britney concert mean we're all britney spears lovers (thought that'd scare everyone)
Old 04-24-2004, 05:28 AM   #72
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

The Royal family is England’s acquiescence to Scottish superiority. Duck and ruuun.
Old 04-24-2004, 12:30 PM   #73
marichiko

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
The Royal family is England’s acquiescence to Scottish superiority. Duck and ruuun.
The Royal Family is proof of everyone else's superiority (Can I share your bomb shelter, Bruce?)