The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-17-2004, 12:39 PM   #16
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Its been a long time since I've seen the cut 'n paste functions deployed with such masterful dexterity. Truly, this post is a work to behold and RobertLevin has raised the bar for us all.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:43 PM   #17
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Rather than remove the thread entirely, as I think there are some good responses, perhaps leaving something on the order of the chalk body outline to serve as a cautionary tale ... including an explanation as to why the originating post is no longer a part of the thread?

It is sad when an ego is so weak as to be satisfied with reposting the same story over and over and over again.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 01:16 PM   #18
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Did I miss something? If this story was posted by it's original author, what's the problem? Because it's not making it's debut here? If you like it or hate it you're welcome to post to that effect. But to call for removal doesn't make sense to me. There's no "if the shoe fits" because nobody could be as outrageous as the characters in that story, nobody. Sure it's crude, and maybe offensive to more delicate tastes but how does that effect anyone here? Shrinking violets, you ain't, folks. Picking on fat people? Hardly, the woman in the story was not even close to fat people. I know, I'm fat people.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:19 PM   #19
Fudge Armadillo
What's the matter with you?

My assumption was that the post was not from the original author; of course, there is probably no way to verify that.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:50 PM   #20
garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge Armadillo
My assumption was that the post was not from the original author; of course, there is probably no way to verify that.
Exactly. Maybe the original author did post this simply because he thinks it is a Nobel-Prize-worthy masterpiece that should be posted anywhere and everywhere. We all know it's not, but hey, he can think that if he wants. If he's looking for literary criticism on this "work of art," then he's definitely in the wrong place....
garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 02:55 PM   #21
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Not the sort of story that receives "literary criticism", more like "gets reaction". And that is has.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:01 PM   #22
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I say we challenge the new "guy" to post something else...something entirely new and unique to The Cellar.

Surely "his" entire existence isn't defined by that one rather tawdry tale? There must something more which this individual can regale us with.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:39 PM   #23
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDallas
Oh, I dunno... we could have an area for slow-moving targets.. to help the newbies sharpen up their flamage skills?
And while the newbies are fluttering about the targets, they could be targets for the more experienced posters...

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 04:56 PM   #24
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Wolf
And while the newbies are fluttering about the targets, they could be targets for the more experienced posters...
yeah.....and then everybody can get all upset and offended by the nasty horrible flame fest. sounds great.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 07:44 PM   #25
Roosta
Nutter.

I think it would have been better if the ending had been:
I climbed on top of Peggy and asked her if I could turn the light off. She asked me if I was shy and I replied "no, the bulb is burning my butt"
Old 12-17-2004, 09:10 PM   #26
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosta
the bulb is burning my butt
There has to be some way to link this comment up to that fireworks photo.....
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 11:48 AM   #27
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
yeah.....and then everybody can get all upset and offended by the nasty horrible flame fest. sounds great.
Well it happens often enough, I didn't think anyone would notice.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 09:35 PM   #28
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosta
I think it would have been better if the ending had been:
I climbed on top of Peggy and asked her if I could turn the light off. She asked me if I was shy and I replied "no, the bulb is burning my butt"
hilarious, I've missed this place.