The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 07:42 PM   #76
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

native american jew catholic monks!
Old 12-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #77
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus View Post
And black Jews.
And Jews who act in black-face. Those must be the worst.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:17 AM   #78
SPUCK
Professor

Mimes?
SPUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:48 AM   #79
Adak
Lecturer

Quote:
I actually realize that, just Adak's continuous arguments that the KKK is somehow not all about racial/prejudicial hate is really really annoying me. Somehow the fact that they sometimes target non-blacks makes them, what? Less awful? I don't understand what Adak's point is TBH. They are a hate group, their main focus is blacks.
I believe most of you weren't in the South during those years, but now, are posting like you were.

Of course the most frequent victims of the KKK were the colored's, and by far, they regularly received the most brutal treatment. In Florida, they wiped out a whole colored town. The lucky survivors being too afraid to return. Just a rumor of a black on white crime could set them off no end.

I apologize if I didn't emphasize that this kind of behavior was not motivated by their loving kindness.
Adak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:36 AM   #80
John
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
Holy shit, I think that is the first post I've seen of yours with words, John.
Lots of my posts have words! They just also usually have pictures because I'm posting in the "weird-ass fucking pictures" threads.

Adak: Not only did you miss my point completely, but now you've trotted out the phrase "the coloreds".

Wow.

(Hint: The historical revisionism I was talking about was your conflation of the political parties of the Slaver's Rebellion and Jim Crow eras with the current ones that have similar names, but drastically different agendas. Well, that and your amazingingly misinformed description of what you think the Republican platform is, and why.)
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:03 PM   #81
Adak
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Lots of my posts have words! They just also usually have pictures because I'm posting in the "weird-ass fucking pictures" threads.

Adak: Not only did you miss my point completely, but now you've trotted out the phrase "the coloreds".

Wow.

(Hint: The historical revisionism I was talking about was your conflation of the political parties of the Slaver's Rebellion and Jim Crow eras with the current ones that have similar names, but drastically different agendas. Well, that and your amazingingly misinformed description of what you think the Republican platform is, and why.)
Political parties are dynamic; changing over time. The current Democratic party leadership is quite far to the left on the political spectrum, and desperately trying to spend us out of our economic problems, while continuing to massively increase the size of government. Like that works.

"I don't have enough money -- so I'll spend like crazy!"

Every government employee will have yet another paycheck the private sector (you and I), must support with our taxes.

The liberal to conservative slant of our political parties, is the major division I see between them. I do get riled when I hear some liberal ranting on about the racism they perceive, in the Republican party. As if the Democrats didn't have the most extensive racist history of any political party in the USA, by far. I remember Gov. Wallace and his ilk, all too well.

The word "coloreds" was not uncommon during the late 40's and 50's. It was not an offensive word, (all racist terms are offensive, but "colored" is only mildly so), being mostly descriptive, and used by more than just white folk. America was a racist place in those days. If you were around in those days, in the South particularly, you couldn't miss it. Words like this were needed, to describe the reality of the law, and the world we lived in.
Adak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:49 AM   #82
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adak View Post
The word "coloreds" was not uncommon during the late 40's and 50's. It was not an offensive word, (all racist terms are offensive, but "colored" is only mildly so), being mostly descriptive, and used by more than just white folk.
It certainly is a more accurate description today than African American is currently used for the people living in the United States who are of color other than white.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:34 PM   #83
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That's for sure, African American is a term which properly applied refers to very few people in this country, who hold dual citizenship with an African country and the US.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:50 PM   #84
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Hey!! HEY!!!HEY!!!!

Don't leave out the Canadians. Dirty fucking Canadians...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:51 PM   #85
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I meant Kanadians. Yeah. Dirty fukking Kanadians...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:47 PM   #86
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

And what happens in just a few more steps ...

Kanadians -> Kanukians -> Kenukians -> Kentukians
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:37 PM   #87
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

But it's Canuckians.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:11 PM   #88
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

So...a deboned canary, stuffed inside a deboned duck, stuffed inside a deboned dalmation?

Tasty.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:48 AM   #89
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
So...a deboned canary, stuffed inside a deboned duck, stuffed inside a deboned dalmation?

Old 12-25-2010, 12:49 AM   #90
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplighter View Post
And what happens in just a few more steps ...

Kanadians -> Kanukians -> Kenukians -> Kentukians
That shoulda included Kenudians...