The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Archives > Photoshop Phrenzy!
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Photoshop Phrenzy! Images out of your own head

Old 07-13-2002, 03:36 PM   #16
Mjk
Writer of Writings

Old 07-15-2002, 06:35 PM   #17
Leus
Abecedarian

hype

no pun intended :-)
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2002, 10:15 AM   #18
Bigsarge
Defender of Good

The Flag

Isn't it great that we live in a country where you can choose to do anything you want, and call it freedom of speech. In other countries they cut off your head. (What a novel idea for the death penalty for the US - public execution - we could set up stands and sell things). I terribly mind when someone desecrates MY flag. I know its ONLY a symbol, but there is nothing that stirs my heart than to see "Old Glory". I respect the right of American Citizens to burn the flag, as long as they respect my right to walk up to them and empty a fire extinguisher on them. What the hell, my first amendment rights!
Old 08-02-2002, 11:07 AM   #19
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Re: The Flag

Quote:
Originally posted by Bigsarge
Isn't it great that we live in a country where you can choose to do anything you want, and call it freedom of speech. In other countries they cut off your head. (What a novel idea for the death penalty for the US - public execution - we could set up stands and sell things). I terribly mind when someone desecrates MY flag. I know its ONLY a symbol, but there is nothing that stirs my heart than to see "Old Glory". I respect the right of American Citizens to burn the flag, as long as they respect my right to walk up to them and empty a fire extinguisher on them. What the hell, my first amendment rights!
What the hell, so long as you don't mind being charged with assault.
Old 08-02-2002, 11:14 AM   #20
Bigsarge
Defender of Good

But it wouldn't be assault. It would be my patriotic duty to help put out a dangerous fire that could harm bystanders. That couldn't be considered assault, that could be considered heroism (hehe). Just kidding. We have never had a flag burning since I have been in Denver, but I am just waiting for my chance to extinguish one. I honestly do not believe that anyone would be stupid enough to try that now. I think that the police would look the other way if anything happened. Merely my opinion.
Old 08-02-2002, 11:49 AM   #21
dave

I liked a part that was in "The American President". I'll relate it here.

The greatest symbol of our country is not the flag. It is the protestor burning the flag, symbolizing the freedoms upon which this nation was built. What an amazing country we can live in where I could burn the flag as a celebration of our great nation.

Old 08-02-2002, 12:25 PM   #22
Bigsarge
Defender of Good

I doubt that you would ever hear such words uttered in any corner of our country, other than Hollywood. Their idea of patriotism just doesn't quite fit in with the vast majority of Americans. Foreign nationals, perhaps, but not true blooded Red/White/Blue Americans. Remember, Hollywood is just another name for fantasy land. It is only as true as they want it to be.
Old 08-02-2002, 12:31 PM   #23
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I think dham just uttered those words and I would be happy to re-utter them. Neither of us could safely be called liberals by any stretch. Welcome to your fantasy land.
Old 08-02-2002, 01:21 PM   #24
verbatim
Vice-President of Resentment

Old 08-02-2002, 01:24 PM   #25
And
Conjunction

Quote:
It is only as true as they want it to be.
That's all it ever is for everyone and everything, actually.
Old 08-02-2002, 02:34 PM   #26
warch
lurkin old school

Verb, those pretzels are making me thirsty! good one.
Old 08-02-2002, 04:00 PM   #27
That Guy
He who reads, sometimes writes.

Quote:
Originally posted by warch
Verb, those pretzels are making me thirsty! good one.
<a href="http://sounds.wavcentral.com/televis/seinfeld/pretzels_thirsty.wav">Kramer</a>
<a href="http://sounds.wavcentral.com/televis/seinfeld/pretzels_thirsty2.wav">Elaine</a>
<a href="http://sounds.wavcentral.com/televis/seinfeld/pretzels_thirsty3.wav">Jerry</a>
Old 08-02-2002, 05:50 PM   #28
Tobiasly
hot

I am in the Army National Guard and the Young Republicans. I would beat the crap out of any tree-hugging hippie or any other protester I saw trying to burn the flag. But I am also opposed to a flag-burning amendment. I agree that flag burning is a form of free speech. This country is great because any citizen is free to spit in the face (so to speak) of the very people who risk their lives to give them that freedom.

But whoever is stupid enough to try should be willing to face the consequences, and I think that these days those consequences would be pretty painful.
Old 08-02-2002, 05:54 PM   #29
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
I honestly do not believe that anyone would be stupid enough to try that now. I think that the police would look the other way if anything happened. Merely my opinion.
This (burning the flag) is along the lines of the whole pledge deal from a few months back. People were outraged that the 9th Circuit ruled as they did...how unpatriotic that asshole atheist was to file a lawsuit! How unamerican!!!

I think all those people that savaged that man and the 9th Circuit are the true unpatriotic bastards. As would be anyone who physically attempts to stop someone from burning a flag. No one has to like it. In fact, rather than risk assault, why not form your own protest? Grab the biggest stars and stripes you can find, wave it with pride, and lead a group of 100 people in "God Bless America."

I think it's incredibly important right now that we be vigilant about protecting our freedoms, be it guns, travel, speech, burning flags, etc. Those people who fight for such things are the true red white and blue americans.
Old 08-12-2002, 11:44 AM   #30
Roach
Writer of Writings

Ok, here we go for my first image posing here!