The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 01-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #16
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

We did the white-trash version of that in my parent's previous house. What a pain in the ass it was to move them out.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:52 PM   #17
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I used to give my evil ex my less-than-precious books whenever I had a clearout. He had a loft-style open plan flat in a converted factory, and had a shelf running round 1/2 of it above door height.

He was a reader, but rarely read anything I gave him, unless I specifically recommended it. But because he did read, the implication was that the hundreds of books used by him as decoration were actually his treasured possessions. I stopped giving them to him when he started entertaining other ladies there. I couldn't stop him straying, but I could stop myself adding to his allure. Of course I should have just stopped seeing him... better late than never.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #18
SamIam

I notice they have a book on the sofa. Did they run out of room?
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:47 PM   #19
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That's a "coffee table book", but there's no coffee table.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:21 PM   #20
monster
I hear them call the tide

It looks lovely, but it's not an inviting room for a reader. I too need my books within arm's reach -that was one of our critria for house hunting -so many houses round here are so open-plan there is simply no wall space for bookshelves
Old 01-18-2010, 11:06 PM   #21
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

I love the room itself, but don't like any of the furnishings, except the guitar. I'd not keep my current books up there, maybe just some treasured collectibles interspersed with non-reading material collectibles.

I'd probably put a curving chaise lounge on either end of the span of windows, with two low ultra modern, half moon couch thingies in the middle forming a broken circle around a big centerpiece type coffee table. I'd arrange the seating so one could sit on them and see out the windows, not sit with one's back to them! In any case, my furniture would echo the room's shape and bring the eye from the uppermost shelves and collectibles down to the center table.

Yeah. That's what I'd do...with that room and unlimited funds .
Old 01-19-2010, 03:56 AM   #22
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I can take or leave the room. I really don't like the link. AVG didn't like it either.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:49 AM   #23
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormieweather View Post
I'd arrange the seating so one could sit on them and see out the windows, not sit with one's back to them!
It's easier on the eye to be facing away from the windows when reading - the light falls on the page better.

Agree re the chaise idea though - lovely.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:41 AM   #24
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I can take or leave the room. I really don't like the link. AVG didn't like it either.
Which link? I use AVG, and don't have a problem with either one.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:39 AM   #25
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Which link? I use AVG, and don't have a problem with either one.
May have just been a scary looking pop-up. A box asked me did I want to scan for something or other, and to click 'ok', then it went full screen. Then just a second later that little 'this is bad, bad's not good, get me outta here' window came up. Come to think of it, that may have come from Firefox rather than AVG. (I confuse easily.)

Oh, it was the link that said 'link'. Not the one that says 'via'.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:44 AM   #26
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I've seen those, but not at that link. Never click OK, unless you know what and who.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #27
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Word.