The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

View Poll Results: What should I do with this mouse?
Shoot the bastard and have him mounted 4 25.00%
Use a snap trap 0 0%
Use a sticky trap 0 0%
Get a mouser cat 3 18.75%
Make a small chair and set up a cellar account for him 9 56.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2003, 07:56 PM   #16
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

If you love it, get it spayed or neutered.
Old 11-08-2003, 07:57 PM   #17
bmgb
Master of the Domain

It's just a mouse . :p

But, seriously, I've been there. I was once driven to use poison.

When I moved here in 1998, I was moving in with my father who had just begun to experience living on his own for the first time. It didn't take long for me to realize that we had a mouse, and that my dad was feeding it.

And I don't mean just leaving food out.

He was putting food in a little dish and setting it next to the radiator in the living room, "for the mouse." I was living upstairs at the time, so I wasn't sure if I'd be affected. But, one day, I saw a tiny chunk was bitten out of a button on my remote control.

My REMOTE CONTROL!

After that, I had a little talk with Dad. I forced him to get a cat, and that was the end of the mice.
Old 11-09-2003, 05:26 AM   #18
quzah
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

1) Lower the temperature of your house to below freezing. This will drive him out.
2) Get the garden hose, saturate the carpet with water. The next time you see him, drop the plugged-in and running hair dryer.
3) Buy a bunch of mice from the pet store, release them in your house. Then when he sees just how much competition he'll have, he'll give up.
4) Suffocation. Get a calking gun, and seal off the doors, windows, and any other possible air leaks your house may have. Eventually he'll run out of air.
5) Starvation. As per above, he'll eventually run out of food.
6) Drowning. As per above, you could turn on the faucet, and eventually your house would fill with water, and he'd drown. You may want to add a one-way valve to the bathroom ceiling vent to allow air to escape, so that the water has a better chance of filling the house. If the whole house was air-tight when you turned on the faucet, it may have a hard time filling with water.
7) Smoke. Start a small fire in your house, and when it fills with smoke, he'll leave.

Quzah.
quzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 09:39 AM   #19
wolf
lobber of scimitars

WOW. Quzah made me laugh. I especially like option #2.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 08:27 PM   #20
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Hmmm..I wonder if Quzah is planning on running for office like Radar?
Old 11-11-2003, 03:21 AM   #21
jeni
is stuck on altair-4

c'mon, mice are so cute. you aren't going to be setting an example to other mice by killing this one, so i'd suggest you just get rid of him in a nice way. for instance, catching him and driving him 5 miles away, then letting him go outside.

mice are too cute to kill intentionally. besides, you know when you picked up his poor little lifeless body, you'd feel terrible about it.
jeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 11:47 AM   #22
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

He was inside my Doritos bag last night as I picked it up. The surprise of having something moving in the bag startled me and he jumped out.

That little bastard now owes me for 2 bagsa CJ and a large bagga Doritos ($5 )!

He might be catchable without a trap. When the bag starts rattling maybe I can just close it up somehow. Then I can release him in the backyard and the "wild cat" can feed his family.

The mouse doesnt have a name Jeni. He doesnt have a job, he doesnt give blood or go to church. He isnt the soccer coach for the local schoolkids. He doesnt pay taxes and he doesnt have a driver's license. He wont be recieving social security when he "retires" and he doesnt have health insurance or a bank account.....

<b> Hes a MOUSE! Not a person!</b>

So I might feel bad for about 10 seconds for killing him, but I might not have to.

And, yes, he sure is cute munching on my food, zipping around on a sugar high. When I find mouse poops, they'll be cute too. And if I get the Plague, that'll be cute as well.

Hey, maybe I can just let him eat the fat food and wait for him to get diabetes or have a massive heart attack and die somewhat naturally?
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 11:50 AM   #23
dave

Heh. The thought of an obese mouse sluggishly running around slang's couch gives me quite the hearty chuckle.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:57 AM   #24
perth
Strong Silent Type

Quote:
Originally posted by slang
He doesnt have a job, he doesnt give blood or go to church. He isnt the soccer coach for the local schoolkids. He doesnt pay taxes and he doesnt have a driver's license. He wont be recieving social security when he "retires" and he doesnt have health insurance or a bank account.....
I didn't rent it shoes. I'm not buying it a fucking beer. He's not taking your fucking turn, Dude.

Sorry, I thought of Walter reading that quote. Slang strikes me as a guy with minor Walter-ish tendencies.
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 03:19 PM   #25
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
It's that time of year when the little beggars move inside. They're the cute little field mice of so many childrens fables. Granted they carry lice and worse, but they're soooo cute.
True. This reminds me of the time that I was working for a photography company. It was in an old building and had high grass growing outside of one of the doors that lead to the outside. Perfect place for creatures to hide out right?

So, one night, I'm working and everything was fine until...I hear this loud ass scream from across the room. A young pregnant (!!) woman is literally hoping up and down on her desk and pointing. Everyone is like, "Huh?" and then we see it. A cute little brown field mouse...a baby! One of the guys went to get a sticky pad to set out to trap the mouse. Eventually, the mouse ran upon the pad and was stuck. Poor thing: he was squeaking so pitifully..it was too cute, but he had to go! And it was too sad to see him get peeled off of the pad....it looked like it hurt! But, they managed to set him free. We used to laugh and say if we saw a mouse with a patch hair missing, that was "our" guy.

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 04:01 PM   #26
tonksy
100:10100

i live in a very old house in louisiana and like many of it's kind it is on cement blocks due to the flood plain...well, we have a field in the backyard that is fringed with woods and when it gets wet- here come the mice. the thing about it is that i have cats. you would think that they would purge the house of this problem...but no! they couldn't be arsed to do anything about it...just watch them scamper about, so we have to use those little traps. have to kill them or they just come right back.
Old 11-17-2003, 03:46 PM   #27
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

A similar thing happened at a place I worked in Champaign, IL which had a corn/soybean field nearby. Similar screams too, but this time it was a guy.

I can't blame him though. The thing had gone up his pants leg.
dar512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 04:08 PM   #28
FileNotFound
Intouch with his inner sheep rider.

I used to have pet mice.

First, once they grow up wild, you cannot tame them.

Second, that mouse you have looks like it was a pet mouse or the baby of...either way it's probably wild now.
This means that it will run like the wind, jump from insane heights (to it's death possibly), bite you if you try to catch it.

Best "harm" free way to catch a mouse is to grab the very tip of it's tail (never do it to a pet mouse, you may pull the skin of it's tail, but wild? Whocares..) and then flush it down the toilet. (Yeah that works)
As long as you got the tip of it's tail it cannot reach your hand. Middle is ok too, but anywhere lower than that will probably get you a bite mark. (depends on the size of the mouse, if it's fat enough to look like a door knob you're safe holding it by the base)

The spring loaded traps SUCK. Yes they always kill the mouse, but more often then not they clamp their limbs instead of breaking the spine/neck. When this happens the mouse either dies slowly from the injury, chews it's own limb off, dies from starvation.

The traps that don't kill mice right away usualy work ok.

Having said all that, mice are surprisingly easy to kill, being small and all. Just throw something at it, even a tenis ball will probably knock it out or damge it's internal organs badly enough for you to be able to just dump it down the loo...
FileNotFound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 04:19 PM   #29
tonksy
100:10100

i'm too much of a girl to flush a live mouse down the toilet...but more power to you!
Old 11-23-2003, 11:01 AM   #30
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Update, Update