The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 06-18-2007, 12:07 PM   #91
Cloud

but by stressing that ITS NOT FAIR and that he should pay, you are focusing on HIM. Let that go, and focus on yourself.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:13 PM   #92
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousfornow View Post
He should have to fix this so I am in a better position to be on my own.
I really don't see that happening do you? You should go to work tomorrow. And the day after that...
Old 06-18-2007, 12:16 PM   #93
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
but by stressing that ITS NOT FAIR and that he should pay, you are focusing on HIM. Let that go, and focus on yourself.
Amen!
Old 06-18-2007, 04:31 PM   #94
jester
why so serious

i'm truly sorry that you are going thru this and none of this is your fault. i don't think this is a sickness, it's his choice. he made a conscious decision to do whatever he has done. (my opinion)therefore, you are not obligated in any way, (doesn't matter how long you were with him) to pay for any thing that has to do with his getting help. my guess would be that he would start some kind of therapy or whatever and in the end still not change. or at worse get involved with the "therapist". you need to put yourself, first, for a change. it's still your call - no matter what.
jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:06 PM   #95
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
This is going to cost me my job, my car, my home, my sanity, my ability to trust men in the future.
Only if you let it. Get the fuck away from him... now... immediately. Don't talk to him, no calls, emails, texts, or anything else.

Understand one thing above all, neither he nor anyone else is going to fix it.

You're not exactly blindsided here, so you have to take some responsibility for your predicament. Now you have the responsibility to get your shit together and salvage as much as you can, then move forward.
I wish you well and hope you can recover as quickly as possible. We'll be here for immoral support.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:15 AM   #96
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Anon, get away from this man before he damages your self esteem any further. Have nothing to do with him.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:28 AM   #97
anonymousfornow
May Ter Dee

ok, i've made it to work 3 days in a row and someone must be looking out for me, because everyday when the spotlight is on me to perform, something happens that allows me to fly under the radar for one more day.

I wish I had something positive to report. I just want to thank everyone for their advice and support. Continue to keep it coming.

This is the hard part.
anonymousfornow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:43 AM   #98
glatt

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. After a while you look back and realize how far you have gone. Corny, but true.

*Sends healing energy your way*
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:00 AM   #99
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

You're doing good! Just keep going to work. You don't have to shine, you just have to show up. Just focus on that one goal and everything else can sort itself out.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:10 AM   #100
Uisge Beatha
Lecturer

I admire your strength, anon. Even though my wife treated me horribly for a long time and I knew it was hopeless, I couldn't bring myself to call it quits; I simply loved her too much. Eventually, she left me and I was devastated. In time I came to grips with it all and realized that leaving me was the best thing she ever did for me. This is a terribly difficult time for you, but it will get easier as you go. Be as strong as you can and know that there are many of us pulling for you.
Uisge Beatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:30 AM   #101
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Uisge (who is, apparently, a bar in Glasgow ) is right, as is Clodfobble and Glatt. It is hard, but just keep plugging away and you will get through it.

You talked about what you will lose, but think about what you will gain. This is about you, and what you will bring out of this mess. You seem like a good person, and noone can take that away. You are yours!

Keep on keepin' on.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:16 PM   #102
Uisge Beatha
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123
You talked about what you will lose, but think about what you will gain. This is about you, and what you will bring out of this mess.
I'd say the lady from Ohio has hit the nail on the head.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:50 PM   #103
anonymousfornow
May Ter Dee

The pain is overwhelming. the simplest tasks seem monumental. how do you keep on keepin on? I now have 40 employees looking to me for guidance and direction and I cant do a load of laundry. i am sure i am depressed but do not have the resources to see a professional. any websites or book reading suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:57 PM   #104
anonymousfornow
May Ter Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uisge Beatha View Post
I admire your strength, anon. Even though my wife treated me horribly for a long time and I knew it was hopeless, I couldn't bring myself to call it quits; I simply loved her too much. Eventually, she left me and I was devastated. In time I came to grips with it all and realized that leaving me was the best thing she ever did for me. This is a terribly difficult time for you, but it will get easier as you go. Be as strong as you can and know that there are many of us pulling for you.
It is hard because I do still love him. I had set the stage for us to talk about anything and everything. Had he come to me with his problem we could of found a compromise, solution, outlet for that urge. I like to think I am calm, fair, intelligent, openminded and rational. I have a huge capacity for sharing, caring, forgiveness, problem solving. If he would of just come to me.....

Now he wishes that he would of. If he had to do it over again he would have. Does this have any bearing on the situation? If I position myself as one who can understand that people make mistakes, then aren't I doing the very thing I said that I wouldn't?

It might help to know that he is 6 yrs younger than I am and hasn't had the life experiences I have had.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:29 PM   #105
Uisge Beatha
Lecturer

I think a part of the problem (one with which I am all too familiar myself) is that you seem to keep looking for a way to fix the problems in your relationship, anon. If I am not mistaken there is, unfortunately, just too big a difference between the two of you. I don't see it as a matter of someone making a mistake, but rather being true to their own nature. The gap between your respective natures is apparently too great.

I understand that keeping on keeping on is easier said than done. The sad fact is that you must find your way to do just that, however. Anyone (family, friends) who cares about you can show support and it would probably be wise for you to take all you can get, not worrying about anything such as "being a burden" to others.

As to depression, I hope others will soon be able to offer something constructive. I know I went through my own, yet it was relatively mild (thank God). I managed to bull through without professional help, but at the expense of spending a couple of years in solitude (when not at work, where I din't have the same sorts of responsibilities that you do).

Keep talking to us as long as it brings you any comfort and help. We really do care.