The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

View Poll Results: What are your thoughts about'Amnesty In America'?
It creates more questions than it answers. 4 25.00%
I understand and support amnesty for illegals. 0 0%
We should fix our broken borders first. 10 62.50%
Borders is a book store. That's all I know. 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-27-2007, 05:21 PM   #31
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Very expensive, as it has been for our social, health, and judicial systems.
What does that have to do with the Marshall Plan?
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:11 AM   #32
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
That's a big part of our charm, duck. When do you go away again? I can't wait.
Please don't blame me because your nation is too lazy or decadent to deal with your current invasion problem.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:42 AM   #33
freshnesschronic
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck_duck View Post
Please don't blame me because your nation is too lazy or decadent to deal with your current invasion problem.
Oh shiiiiet, my nemesis is back!

Forever fighting against American policies forever, duck_duck!
Where've you been?

Hahaha, and there she goes using "your nation" against us Americans. Vintage ducky.
Relating to the current issue of the thread of amnesty, I'm not really sure or enlightened enough to generate a good response.
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:52 AM   #34
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Everything americans do is confusing so why is this different? Half of you think it is acceptable to be invaded and the other half does not.
Well if you had half a brain you would realize that only half of America is confusing. Since independent thought is not permitted in your country, I can understand your difficulty in grasping the concept that reasonable citizens can disagree on complex issues. Or maybe its the complexity that your single-track mind can't navigate.

Quote:
We are neither lazy nor decadent as the more enlightened of your Chinese countrymen who sacrifice everything to come to America can attest. But, being born with a silver chopstick up your ass, I wouldn't expect you to understand that either.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:53 AM   #35
rkzenrage

Lazy? That is why other nations are always coming to us with their hands out?
Yeah, WE are the lazy ones?
LMAO!!!!
Old 05-28-2007, 02:57 AM   #36
freshnesschronic
Professor

Yeah it's been proven ducky that America is DEFINITELY the hardest working, overworked country in the world.

And, where were you guys when I was dueling her in the VT gun thread? The fudge was my American support?
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 03:41 AM   #37
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
You still don't think the ones not working for cash, are too stupid to fill out a W-4 form with a bunch of dependents, so they not only don't have to apply for a refund they end up delinquent before they move on.
Bruce forgets one cannot even hire a nanny without filing those forms. The illegal immigrants we are discussing - this large majority who hold full time or other jobs that require SS numbers and withholding - do file W-4 forms. As long as those forms can be filed, then these illegal immigrants have jobs.

How were they finding so many illegals? Look for all the invented or borrowed SS numbers. Why? Bruce assumes they are all working only for cash. Business cannot do that and have employees. Even where ever I consult, they still want those numbers and forms. I may only do a job for a couple of weeks. They still want those numbers and forms - just like they want from their immigrant workers.

What happens to all that withheld pay? Nobody files to reclaim it. And so we have a problem with amnesty. Suddenly massive amounts of government tax dollars can be refunded to millions of workers.

The one requirement every employer has when he inadvertantly hires illegal immigrants. They must provide SS numbers and forms for the withholding - in direct opposition to what Bruce has posted. Yes, there are exceptions. But those exceptions are not the millions of workers who work illegally and make America greater.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:55 AM   #38
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beestie View Post
Well if you had half a brain you would realize that only half of America is confusing. Since independent thought is not permitted in your country, I can understand your difficulty in grasping the concept that reasonable citizens can disagree on complex issues. Or maybe its the complexity that your single-track mind can't navigate.

We are neither lazy nor decadent as the more enlightened of your Chinese countrymen who sacrifice everything to come to America can attest. But, being born with a silver chopstick up your ass, I wouldn't expect you to understand that either.
Nice but you still do nothing about being invaded. You argue about it while more rush across your borders. Wake up! Quit trying to pretend to be intellectual and do something already.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:57 AM   #39
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic View Post
Yeah it's been proven ducky that America is DEFINITELY the hardest working, overworked country in the world.

And, where were you guys when I was dueling her in the VT gun thread? The fudge was my American support?
You can't even defend yourselves anymore so what are you now?
Old 05-28-2007, 06:23 AM   #40
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Bruce forgets one cannot even hire a nanny without filing those forms. The illegal immigrants we are discussing - this large majority who hold full time or other jobs that require SS numbers and withholding - do file W-4 forms. As long as those forms can be filed, then these illegal immigrants have jobs.
tw forgets that the W-4 form determines the amount of taxes taken out of each paycheck. If you lie about the number of dependents, when you file your taxes, the government wants proof of those deductions. No proof = fraud = the IRS up your butt forever. But tw claims these illegals are overpaying because they can't file for a refund. That means tw feels these illegals are too stupid to overstate the number of dependents on the W-4 to lower the tax bite, knowing they can't file anyway. How arrogant.
Quote:
How were they finding so many illegals? Look for all the invented or borrowed SS numbers. Why? Bruce assumes they are all working only for cash. Business cannot do that and have employees. Even where ever I consult, they still want those numbers and forms. I may only do a job for a couple of weeks. They still want those numbers and forms - just like they want from their immigrant workers.
tw claims I assume all the illegals are working for cash because he can't read for comprehension when I actually said;
Quote:
You still don't think the ones not working for cash, are too stupid to fill out a W-4 form with a bunch of dependents, so they not only don't have to apply for a refund they end up delinquent before they move on.
in post #27.

tw also claims that all illegals have to provide a SS number and fill out a W-4, for every job, because he does for his consulting. Of course tw is being engaged as an independent, self employed, contractor (think company) which most likely pays at least ten times the hourly rate these illegals are earning (think employee) for actually doing some work.
tw needs an MBA to straighten out his warped perspective.
Quote:
What happens to all that withheld pay? Nobody files to reclaim it. And so we have a problem with amnesty. Suddenly massive amounts of government tax dollars can be refunded to millions of workers.
Aw fer Pete's sake, do you take us for idiots? Do you file to reclaim the taxes withheld from your pay? Do they give it to you? They keep mine along with everyone else's, unless we happen to give them a little too much. Since you have trouble with comprehension, once more, they don't give the government money that would be refunded if they were legal. They are NOT leaving claimable monies unclaimed. That is a complete and utter myth. And if you keep repeating it, knowing it's bullshit, it becomes a lie.
Quote:
The one requirement every employer has when he inadvertantly hires illegal immigrants. They must provide SS numbers and forms for the withholding - in direct opposition to what Bruce has posted. Yes, there are exceptions. But those exceptions are not the millions of workers who work illegally and make America greater.
Now tw claims I said they don't fill out the W-4 forms, which is an outright lie, unless he didn't read my numerous posts in this and other threads describing how they can manipulate the W-4 forms.
I'm inclined to believe he's not lying, he just responds with his horseshit, without reading any other posts.

But that said, if you have any questions on power supplies, tw's your man.
Tell him Nixon sent you.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:36 AM   #41
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Nice but you still do nothing about being invaded.
Define invaded.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:37 AM   #42
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Don't mind her, she's got the rag on.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:07 AM   #43
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Don't mind her, she's got the rag on.
She's got the 25 hours-a-day/eight-days-a-week/366-days a year rag on.

and the chinese---let's see---all those human rights violations against their own people. Yeah, nice. Great place. Go back, duck, quick-quick, like a good girl.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum

Last edited by Trilby; 05-28-2007 at 09:11 AM. Reason: thought better of calling duck a cunt. which she is.
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:00 AM   #44
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

duck duck isn't from China. She's from Hong Kong.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:49 PM   #45
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:

I could use a little lazy and decadent right now.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote