The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 02-16-2007, 12:22 PM   #16
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I'm pretty Liberal in most ways, but if anyone breaks into my house, they'd damn well better expect to be shot. I don't care if they're after a meal or my wife. I don't have the time to conduct an interview when the cost of delay can mean me and mine suffer instead of the intruder.

The most dangerous type of perp is the kind that doesn't seem dangerous until they've got you subdued or worse. Breaking into someone's house is tacit agreement on the part of the intruder that they are responsible for *anything* that happens next, period.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:32 PM   #17
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
some people inflict pain and suffering on others via a supposed (and a wholly unfounded and fictional) feeling of superiority. Most, if not all, of these folks are of a European stock; thou I've come to set my teeth against the Aussie's as well--Thanks, Ali!

This sentiment applies to literally SHITloads of you Cellarites who love to love yourselves.
Who the fuck rattled your cage?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 05:57 PM   #18
AgentApathy
I just look like I'm listening

Definitely scary. I was raped 14 years ago and swore I'd never put myself in a position of that kind of vulnerability again, and to my own dismay, I open my door to strangers all the time. That made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. I have two large, scary dogs in my house, but still.

That it happened is awful, but what happens for her now is probably worse. It will be a long time before she is comfortable being alone in her house again. For me, I had been at a party and drinking, and I was sticking around waiting until I was sober to drive home. A guy at the party stuck around and waited until no one else was around to attack me. To this day, I have to be with people I trust implicitly to drink to the point of losing any degree of control, and I never, ever let myself be left alone with strangers in that state. I've recovered well, all things considered, and I don't have any other hangups or lasting damage, but the lesson of how it came to happen has never been lost.

Rape is like herpes: everyone thinks that it doesn't affect anyone *they* know, but herpes affects 1 in 5 people and 1 in 3 women has been beaten, raped, or coerced into sex in her life.
AgentApathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 12:58 AM   #19
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Could you elaborate on how you separate coerced from rape? I mean aren't they both by force?

I assumed your not talking about being conned, charmed, sweet talked, tricked, etc, but actually forced.