The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #3001
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

SG, Bri, I'd suggest nude self photography as an excellent substitute for vodka. I have lots of room on my PC to store them for you.

The next few weeks are the roughest for those of us that are alone, even, or maybe expecially, in the midst of holiday festivities. Don't lose sight of the fact that you are important to someone... you are needed... you are loved.
Yes, you really are.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:16 PM   #3002
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

You are all important and if you could, I'd have all you lonely Christmas people to my place for lunch.

I hate people being alone on that day. Honestly. I'd even love to have you over if you weren't so far away Bruce.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:58 AM   #3003
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
You are all important and if you could, I'd have all you lonely Christmas people to my place for lunch.

I hate people being alone on that day. Honestly. I'd even love to have you over if you weren't so far away Bruce.

Do any of those lonely people have names or is this just a world wide magnanimous gesture? I have a name but I would rather come for dinner. thanks

HUGZ FOR SG AND BRI
Attached Images

skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 03:23 PM   #3004
Aliantha

Pretty much anyone really.

I think if Dazza and I can accomodate my ex on the day after all the crap he's put me and by association him through, I think we can accomodate anyone.

It's not a good day to be alone. Much better spent in the company of people who will help you through it.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:32 AM   #3005
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I was pretty careless and lost this weekend...is it the season? Loneliness, boredom, being with a "friend" who I don't hang out with like I used to because my entire purpose in her life is to tell her how great she is, after she tells me how great she is...blah. Self-destructive behaviors, subseqent depression, asking why.

Girls, we will be OK. OK? OK!

Many virtual hugs.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:52 AM   #3006
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

It finally hit me last night that my grandmother, who died in February, will not be here for the holidays. I spent a good hour sobbing and wishing there was something I could do to bring her back. She was like the anchor for all of the good holiday memories I had for the first 20 years of my life, and it just broke my heart to realize that I won't be calling her on Christmas morning to send my love.
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:37 AM   #3007
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
SG, Bri, I'd suggest nude self photography as an excellent substitute for vodka. I have lots of room on my PC to store them for you.

The next few weeks are the roughest for those of us that are alone, even, or maybe expecially, in the midst of holiday festivities. Don't lose sight of the fact that you are important to someone... you are needed... you are loved.
Yes, you really are.
As a professional photographer and artist, I have to with Bruce here. In fact, I am thinking that a few of us here at the cellar should start a pool to buy you a webcam so we can offer tips and suggestions during your photo shoot. You know, lighting, props, camera angles. Strictly above board and in the name of art.
Bruce, Elspode, Lookout??? Anyone? Bueller?
Old 12-15-2008, 10:20 AM   #3008
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
... being with a "friend" who I don't hang out with like I used to because my entire purpose in her life is to tell her how great she is, after she tells me how great she is...blah. Self-destructive behaviors, subseqent depression, asking why.
I used to have the very same friend.

Hugs to you.

Choco--I'm so sorry for your loss. This time of year can be really good and really bad at the same time. Hugs, hugs, all round.

and foot? thanks for the offer, but...I'm a crone! A CRONE i tell ya!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:36 PM   #3009
sweetwater
lives inside a Mobius strip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatl View Post
It finally hit me last night that my grandmother, who died in February, will not be here for the holidays. I spent a good hour sobbing and wishing there was something I could do to bring her back. She was like the anchor for all of the good holiday memories I had for the first 20 years of my life, and it just broke my heart to realize that I won't be calling her on Christmas morning to send my love.
I miss my grandmother and grandfather, too. Sometimes I visit their graves using the bookmarked locations at GoogleEarth. Perhaps a remembrance (poinsettia for her grave marker?) tradition for the departed will help you. Peace.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:38 PM   #3010
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Quote:
It finally hit me last night that my grandmother, who died in February, will not be here for the holidays. I spent a good hour sobbing and wishing there was something I could do to bring her back.
Sorry to hear that, Choco. My maternal grandma used to send me an ornament every year, along with a few little odds and ends wrapped in a particular unique way. The first Christmas I didn't get her package in the mail I felt so empty and lonely. I still cry a few tears when I hang the ornaments on the tree and this was the 7th Christmas without her.

::hugs::
Old 12-15-2008, 04:32 PM   #3011
Aliantha

What's upsetting me today?

Other people being upset over the people they don't have with them this Christmas. I think we've probably all got someone we miss desperately on days like that, but my trick is to be grateful for all the loved ones I do have with me.

I've come to think that missing people on special days is just a part of what makes the day itself special. Taking a moment to reflect on all they have meant and still mean to our lives and just having a quiet drink and toasting all the wonderful memories they've left you with.

Imagine life without those.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:21 PM   #3012
lookout123
changed his status to single

Just got back from my game which was fun. Unfortunately found out that one of my old teammates (from the coed league) had a double mastectomy last week. She "didn't want to be a bother" so NO ONE beyond her husband knew. 35 years old, serious athlete, and new mother. we're all kind of in shock.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:33 AM   #3013
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
Just got back from my game which was fun. Unfortunately found out that one of my old teammates (from the coed league) had a double mastectomy last week. She "didn't want to be a bother" so NO ONE beyond her husband knew. 35 years old, serious athlete, and new mother. we're all kind of in shock.

Doesn't that "didn't want to be a bother" thing SUCK??
Please remember folks - your friends and family want to know, want to help, want to show they care.
Sending healing vibes via you to her.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:37 AM   #3014
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Sorry Choc. Some kind of formal remembrance of her might be appropriate. Maybe everyone saying what they most loved about her.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:33 AM   #3015
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

So sorry Choc *hugs*
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swiss