The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 05-25-2008, 11:09 PM   #46
missbhf08
I'm not crazy, my reality is just different from yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
don't fuss--we got a new member from it. Short-term, probably, tho.

And no, I didn't notice. That means they have a new queen! And why shouldn't Louisianans celebrate what they can, especially after Katrina?
Katrina did a lot of damage, but it's not like it has completely ruined Louisiana. It didn't exactly happen yesterday, so we have plenty to celebrate. Has anyone other than me been to any part of LA since the hurricanes??
missbhf08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 11:34 PM   #47
Cloud

I mentioned Katrina, because the original post was shortly after.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:39 AM   #48
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by missbhf08 View Post
Katrina did a lot of damage, but it's not like it has completely ruined Louisiana. It didn't exactly happen yesterday, so we have plenty to celebrate. Has anyone other than me been to any part of LA since the hurricanes??
Yes, as a matter of fact. We have several members that live there. Scopulus Argentarius is one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopulus Argentarius View Post
The festivals, primarily in the rural areas of South Louisiana, are an excuse for the hard working locals to get together and have some fun - usually poking fun at themselves and traditions and anything/everything. They're very family oriented.
I know people that lost their home.
BigV traveled down there from Washington state to help with the clean up as did my boss from PA.
BusterB lost his roof in MS and was over in LA a week or so ago.
LA is not in Africa or Mongolia, we know what's going on there.

I also know that the folks down there, generally, have a great sense of humor, and laugh at themselves, as hard as anything. You should chill out and try it.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:40 AM   #49
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Quote:
Me. I brought relief supplies in after. Been there several times since. Most recently, Pineville. We have a major customer there and I tend to hit one of those loads every three months or so.

Brian
Old 05-26-2008, 01:47 PM   #50
missbhf08

well i'm sorry if i'm coming off like i'm always upset. i'm actually a very happy person. it's just like when you mention you're from LA people automatically want to talk about New Orleans....happened to me when I went to DC.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:11 PM   #51
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Miss/Mrs cellar 2008 seems to be cleared up though. The first place winner prematurely gave up the crown, so now that we have the real deal, I hope she will stay.

Miss bhf, when I mention my parents being effected by the hurricane people always mention New Orleans too...The eye hit them dead on in Mississippi.....

Pretty women on here like to talk about people liking them for their intelligence here, you will fit right in, but I am still not buying it. I've seen a lot of intelligent ugly women, and yea, they never seem to be that popular, and certainly don't get to wear the grand tiara. It doesn't even fit on their mis-shapen head when they temporarily go through the winners things, and try it on.......

lol! All the pretty women claim that life is not about appearances. Get ugly and dress down, maybe even like a hobo, and tell me what you think then.

I dressed like a hobo for a party designated for it, but went out in public before it, in full costume (totally convincing), and as I said hello to one of my friends that did not recognize me, they gave me the most terrible look I had ever seen on their face, and wouldn't even dignify my "hello" with a response.

Last edited by Cicero; 05-26-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:41 PM   #52
Flint
Snowflake

so, miss b.f.e. isn't the "shrimping" and petroleum jelly queen? :
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:27 PM   #53
missbhf08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Miss/Mrs cellar 2008 seems to be cleared up though. The first place winner prematurely gave up the crown, so now that we have the real deal, I hope she will stay.

Miss bhf, when I mention my parents being effected by the hurricane people always mention New Orleans too...The eye hit them dead on in Mississippi.....

Pretty women on here like to talk about people liking them for their intelligence here, you will fit right in, but I am still not buying it. I've seen a lot of intelligent ugly women, and yea, they never seem to be that popular, and certainly don't get to wear the grand tiara. It doesn't even fit on their mis-shapen head when they temporarily go through the winners things, and try it on.......

lol! All the pretty women claim that life is not about appearances. Get ugly and dress down, maybe even like a hobo, and tell me what you think then.

I dressed like a hobo for a party designated for it, but went out in public before it, in full costume (totally convincing), and as I said hello to one of my friends that did not recognize me, they gave me the most terrible look I had ever seen on their face, and wouldn't even dignify my "hello" with a response.
Ok cicero, let me put it this way: the people judging who wins do look for intelligence more than beauty, but that doesn't mean it counts. Sometimes the person who wins can be a dog. I don't really like to agree with people choosing beauty over brains, but it happens. That's life....

But it just happens that most girls who do win are beautiful and intelligent. We go around as visiting queens to other pageants. I mean, if you were part of one of our festivals and you had a dumb person representing you, wouldn't you kinda be dumbfounded?
Old 05-26-2008, 06:39 PM   #54
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Quote:
I mean, if you were part of one of our festivals and you had a dumb person representing you, wouldn't you kinda be dumbfounded?
I usually do have many dumb people trying to represent me. And yes. I am "dumbfounded". Which makes for an awesome pun in that context!!

I need a "dumbfounded, and I vote" sticker.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:28 PM   #55
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
But it just happens that most girls who do win are beautiful and intelligent. We go around as visiting queens to other pageants. I mean, if you were part of one of our festivals and you had a dumb person representing you, wouldn't you kinda be dumbfounded?
That seems true. What I'd be most dumbfounded about, would be if the queen came in and handled herself in an undignified sort of way. You know, if she grabbed a handful of cake, screamed and yelled at the waiters, hocked a loogie before heading to the front table, jacked up the massive shrimp and petroleum skirt, etc.

I think if she acted downright stupid, I might assume that her particular contest was strictly a beauty contest, and that wouldn't reflect well on the contest.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 10:09 PM   #56
monster
I hear them call the tide

Thank goodness they're not picked based on aroma....
Old 05-26-2008, 10:10 PM   #57
monster
I hear them call the tide

Hey, missbhf, would you share a pic of your coronation with us, please?
Old 05-27-2008, 12:26 PM   #58
missbhf08

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Hey, missbhf, would you share a pic of your coronation with us, please?
well i don't see anything wrong with that...so ok.
I can't really find a good picture with just me so I'll put one of all the queens who won with me that day. unfortunately I was looking down when someone took it.

Old 05-27-2008, 03:55 PM   #59
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Nice. I like how the little children are part of it. That one girl in pink couldn't beam any brighter if there were ten spotlights on her!
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:47 PM   #60
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Every fibre of my being rebels against that photograph and everything that it represents. That said: you look gorgeous missbhf! I actually think that you looking down makes you look even more stunning because it gives you gravitas and an aura of something deeper than a glittering smile.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote