The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 03-16-2007, 04:31 AM   #1
freshnesschronic
Professor

I'm a middle school kid again

How do you dance with girls? Approach them, get them to notice you, get their interest in you.

Many of you know I recently broke up with my girl last week, so tonight I was gonna show the world how over her I am.

Fucked it up. Went to this bar/club where I danced with not 5, not 10 but 0 girls. Didn't even have the balls to get in the position to make a move. I'm so used to having a girlfriend and not worry about "prospects" that I totally realized I am no where being over my ex. I called her while I was there, told her I wasn't having a good time and still loved her (let the jokes roll). But I know things ultimately won't work out, but still I miss having her. That's why I went to the club tonite, to start to figure out how to be single, except it made me feel even more emo and lame.
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:07 AM   #2
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

I think you have to walk up behind a girl and pull her pigtails.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:37 AM   #3
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

I think you did show the world how over her you are. That is, not so very much over her.

Really, don't go out and put pressure on yourself to pull off some kind of Don Juan performance. It's not going to happen, and you'll just end up frustrated.

Also, you need to realize that pretty much everybody else has some sort of insecurity that they're dealing with. You feel like an emo lamer; the guy dancing with every babe in the room has the same insecurity, he's just ignoring it and having fun.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:03 PM   #4
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic View Post
How do you dance with girls?
Abraham Lincoln is reputed to have said to his future second wife, "I would like to dance with you in the worst way." She later remarked that he had indeed done it in the worst way... stepping all over her feet, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
I think you have to walk up behind a girl and pull her pigtails.
I thought you were supposed to put the pigtails in your inkwell?

Anyway as should be obvious by now I have no helpful advice. But I would suggest you examine whether a club like this is an environment that's good for you to meet girls. By "good" I mean you're comfortable there, you like the place, etc. Maybe it is--if so, go for it. If not, consider where else you might go. If you're not at ease in your surroundings, there's no way you will make any time with the ladies.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:25 PM   #5
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

Just walk up to a girl and sa out loud, "Do you smell fish?". As she is running after you to kick your balls into the next county, the other girls there will see her chasing you and assume you must be really hot
and then they will want to meet you.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:28 PM   #6
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Not only that, once she does successfully kick your balls into the next county, you won't care about meeting any women.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:42 PM   #7
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

If timidity is a big issue for you, do what I did: stop masturbating.

When the juices build way up you become much less risk averse and way more aggressive in pursuing your goal.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:18 PM   #8
freshnesschronic
Professor

I can't tell what is real advice anymore.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:27 PM   #9
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

Everything I say is true, but I may mislead you on purpose.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:40 PM   #10
Griff
still says videotape

... so I shouldn't suggest pushing one down on the playground then?
Old 03-16-2007, 05:31 PM   #11
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

I'm having the same problem fresh but a little different. I never had a long relationship so I know how you feel ALL too well. I am usually very shy and have the exact same problems as you. I have a very bipolar confidence when it comes to girls, sometimes I will have all the confidence in the world and sometimes I will have none. It really depends on how I am feeling and if I'm drunk or not (alcohol is confidence in a bottle for me).

I can't give you any suggestions that have worked 100% for me but confidence is always a big part. I would advise going to there to have a good time instead to dance with girls. I have found that when I am there to have a good time I will end up dancing with more girls than if I go there to dance with girls.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:18 PM   #12
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
For the record, I was not suggesting you use Lincoln's line. Unless, perhaps, you're attending the Historical Society Cotillion.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:25 PM   #13
freshnesschronic
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
I'm having the same problem fresh but a little different. I never had a long relationship so I know how you feel ALL too well.
Wait, but I just came out of a long relationship.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:45 PM   #14
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

That means I have always been the single guy that usually doesn't dance with anyone. High School dances sucked for me. It is your first time, that is why it is different. Sorry I made that confusing.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 06:44 PM   #15
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
That's because there isn't any, every male in the world, was still trying to figure it out when the next stage of his life took over.
Everyone is different, some are very bold, some are very shy, some are comfortable hanging with girls.

The ones that can hang with them, get to meet more of them, but that doesn't mean they have more chance of connecting. They could consider you a confidant, like a brother, and most girls don't date their brothers.

The only thing that will allow you to get over her is time. During that time just try to keep busy amusing yourself. When the time is right, one of them will cull you out of the herd. Then you'll be sorry you didn't make better use of your single time, because you won't have any time of your own, anymore.