The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 09-17-2005, 10:08 PM   #31
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterb
I don’t want a damn thing but what’s coming to me. I’ve not seen anyone from insurance yet.
The Mississippi Attorney General has filed against five major insurance companies for not responding to the Katrina disaster. FEMA and the federal government as of 18 days later still has not contacted many disaster towns nor even setup any facilities so that people can register for assistance. The toll free help line that George Jr bragged about is so understaffed that most callers never get through.

Meanwhile, last time I looked, busterb's county was not even listed by FEMA as a disaster area. So why is the Red Cross handing out so many vouchers? A question more addressed to what even the Coast Guard Admiral is complaining about. Without specifically naming names, something about George Jr, Karl Rove, Condi Rice, Rumsfeld, etc spending so much time and money traveling to LA, MS, and AL on publicity trips rather than cutting through a bureaucracy that has been trained instead to plan for terrorism.

Go for the cash. It’s plentiful. George Jr says we will massively increase that money - in the classic tradition of every MBA. When management fails, get people to forgive by throwing government money at them. Since Americans never blame leaders for spending extravagantly, then there will be plenty more. This kind of politics even worked for Hughy Long. If later the cash is no longer necessary, then contribute (back) to the Red Cross.

Feel no guilt. The system is still so broken that I have little blame for anyone going for themselves. I only have a problem when those who are profiting from this screw up fail to help a neighbor who is clearly needier. Katrina has already become massive government welfare for Halliburton type companies. Trucks even full of ice are traveling all over the country from city to city, and then waiting in places like Memphis for days to be told where to travel to next. It is that screwed up.

Get whatever you can as long as it is legal. Then feel free to redirect that aid to others who really needed it anyway. The response is that classic MBAed. Feel no guilt.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 08:39 AM   #32
Brett's Honey
whatever

Quote:
Quote:
Dependents are swappable outside.
Does anyone, but me see something wrong with their conduct? Praise the lord?
There are always some people like that around to take advantage of a situation. A lot of that went on here a few years ago after a bad ice storm. Some folks who weren't without power for a week or two, and didn't lose a lot of their food, etc. lined up for the $250.00 FEMA money available to people who lost their week's (or more) worth of groceries. But what can we really do about it?
I beleive in Karma.........they'll get theirs some how, some day.
Brett's Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 08:44 AM   #33
busterb
NSABFD

Jasper county is on the list.
http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache...disaster&hl=en But then again it looks like every co. in state is on there?
The PDF shows better. Sorry bb

Last edited by busterb; 09-18-2005 at 08:49 AM. Reason: opps
busterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:08 AM   #34
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett's Honey
But what can we really do about it?
Call Zorro....or Spiderman.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:36 PM   #35
busterb
NSABFD

Red Cross

The RC is at the first baptist chruch now, but if not a member hit the road.
If someone can point me how to raise hell about this, I'd really appreciate it. That sucks. A lady that is head teller at bank and married to the mailman I mentioned above told me sorry.
Give money to red cross never.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:59 PM   #36
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
If someone can point me how to raise hell about this, I'd really appreciate it. That sucks. A lady that is head teller at bank and married to the mailman I mentioned above told me sorry.
Give money to red cross never.
Welcome to the world of faith based initiatives. Does the press know?
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 03:29 PM   #37
busterb
NSABFD

"If someone can point me how to raise hell about this, I'd really appreciate it." Just sent a thing to redcross, but guess that's pissing up a rope.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:44 PM   #38
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
"If someone can point me how to raise hell about this, I'd really appreciate it." Just sent a thing to redcross, but guess that's pissing up a rope.
Well, I just sent an e-mail to ABC News 20/20. Maybe they'll check it out. The Red Cross is a private organization, so I doubt the government can help. A little public exposure should fix things up, though.

I am a contributor to the Red Cross, so if you'll tell me the name of the town, I'll make my own complaint to them at https://www.redcross.org/contactusform/.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
Old 09-18-2005, 05:16 PM   #39
busterb
NSABFD

Bay Springs, MS. 39422 And the great 1st Baptist church. Thanks. BB I sent them a nice message.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:29 PM   #40
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

I sent them an inquiry, also. How are you doing? Did you get your roof fixed or at least patched?
Old 09-18-2005, 06:34 PM   #41
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
A lady that is head teller at bank and married to the mailman I mentioned above told me
I would suggest you check it out for yourself. She may be wrong.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:01 PM   #42
busterb
NSABFD

Well Bruce she asked me to leave. Said was for members of the church only!
Old 09-18-2005, 07:06 PM   #43
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Oh OK, I thought you meant she told you it was happening there.
Boeing is collecting from employees for the Red Cross. I'll make a complaint to them.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:10 PM   #44
busterb
NSABFD

Hey Bruce, she told me that it was for only members of church. I posted a what ever to Lou Dobbs at CNN and 1 to working for change. If anyone has any ideas of where to post, I'll give it a shot. Thanks BB
Old 09-18-2005, 07:16 PM   #45
Brett's Honey
whatever

Quote:
Quote:
Well, that's real "Christian" of them! I'm almost speechless.....and the Red Cross shouldn't agree to that either.
Brett's Honey is offline   Reply With Quote