The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 05-27-2005, 07:26 PM   #1
busterb
NSABFD

Buster's BS

Ok the first awaited installment of this thread. If you would like to post and hit on my spelling or grammer, please go somewhere else. Thanks bb
Not to take exception to a post made by, OXB. 27 gears, maybe for off roads things. maybe a nine speed and a 3 speed Brownlite behind, but high speed over the road will knock the fillings out of your teeth. The drive line alignment was a bitch.
But I made my 1st trip hauling ice packed chicken when I was around 15 years old. This truck had a 150 hp engine, with a blower so we had 170 hp. I think the they called it a Cummings JT.
Ive seen trucks with 250 HP and a 5 and 4 tranmission run on level gound, no wind 100 mph.
At that time, the chickens were ice packed, and had to have ice blown in on top and into the bunker. BTW they didn't pay for water or ice. We call the little engine on front of trailer called a put-put. It ran a fan that moved the air. Cranked with a rope on a little walkway on front of trailer.

Anyway I have driven trucks with eight speed roadrangers, 15 speed, 4 by 4, 5 by 4, 9 speed splicers.
Most today are air shift and don't require 2 sticks.
Most freight co's use a 5 speed box, don't want to confuse the union members.
When you get get right with your truck, you can change gears with out the clutch. Except for red lights.
Boy talk about a kick in butt, be sailing along at 80 mph and some hayseed pulls out in front of you.
If you can remember what gear you need to be in to get rolling again, my hats off to you.
27 gears. Maybe, but someone must be counting reverse.
If you think that isn't a trip. I once was in a parking lot in Indio, CA. That was almost empty. So I was pilled to gills and thought, let's see what happens if I put this sucker in high reverse. Holly shit. bb

Can't find the photo of longnosed KW that I drove. Parked in french qt. before they screwed it up with worlds fair.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:05 PM   #2
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterb
Ok the first awaited installment of this thread. If you would like to post and hit on my spelling or grammer, please go somewhere else. Thanks bb
Right on! I can hardly wait!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterb
I once was in a parking lot in Indio, CA. That was almost empty. So I was pilled to gills and thought, let's see what happens if I put this sucker in high reverse. Holly shit. bb
I have always wondered...YEEEEEHHAAAAAAA!!
Old 05-27-2005, 09:19 PM   #3
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Oh high reverse can be fun , you get going WAY fast ,, fucking BACKWARDS !!!!!!!

I have never had to deal with a 27 speed , 13 is the max i have EVER had to deal with .

The company i work for has 2 Volvos 440 450 hp i think , one truck weigh 65,000 lbs , the other ( with the 450 ) weighs 45,000 lbs , talk about power to weight ratio !!!!! that thing is a fucking 45,000 lb Porche !!!
Oh and one of our "drivers " has already ripped the rear end out from under it and put it nose down in a ditch !!!
" but I was ONLY going 40 mph !!!"
Yeah RIGHT !!!!!
Old 05-28-2005, 02:01 AM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

9 speed x 3 behind = 27 + 3 reverse. A real joy hauling 4800 gallons of milk into NYC. Some people saw yellow cabs, I saw red...bastards.
Now the engines are getting so big they can use automatics in the lowlands but I wouldn't want to do the mountain states with one. That's moot anyway because I gave up my truck license when they went to CDL. Too much hassle with that damn thing. You get a ticket driving anything anywhere and it gets tallyed at home.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:47 PM   #5
busterb
NSABFD

Ok. I'm going to jump to subject of JUSTICE! Today I was using the county paper for only thing that they’re good for. Place under deep frier to catch grease. OOpps I'd better edit my sig. or someone might drop a bomb on me.
Anyway, Back in past the HDlines were,
14 year old girl kill in auto wreck. Not much detail. A freind gave me a paper from another county. Guess who was in car? The mayor's son. It was his step daughter, who he was (anyway). Story is that he has 13 DWIs, but they never get to court. Yes Boss Hog Is alive. My great town is one of few that has radar, hell the county sheriffs in MS. can't even get one. Boombox law right. When they caught all the whites, they put it away. Before someone gets all out of joint, I have black friends & they know how to play the system here. Also the the sub cheif is blk. and a friend of mine.
The bitch is not only blind, but stupid.
If you have a problem with the law, courts, please try to find someone who knows the court clerk. Someone knows him or her and can talk to them. (I'm not talking about killing some sob.) The judge may be the bad ass, but if clerk never puts papers on his desk. You'll never go to trial. IMHO

Last edited by busterb; 05-28-2005 at 03:57 PM. Reason: stupid
busterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 05:02 PM   #6
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

I finally found out how the 13 dui thing works. It's the result of the plea bargaining system.

When you're caught, you're caught, it's hard to make it go away, but they can plea it down to a first time dui. So as long as the DA is willing to play the game you can get as many dui's as you want, and they'll all be first offense dui's.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:04 PM   #7
busterb
NSABFD

Nope just never have it come up in court. Then it's not on any record. For insurance or other things

Last edited by busterb; 05-28-2005 at 05:08 PM. Reason: add
busterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 05:16 PM   #8
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

The spotlight is on Hammond at the moment, not as many tickets go away as used to. We get a lot of federal money so oversight is growing, plus a lot of people are moving from upscale areas into Hammond and they're starting to come into conflict with the GOBC* But give graft a chance and it wedges itself in wherever it can. It takes a while for money to spread itself around.

*Good
Old
Boys
Club
Old 05-28-2005, 05:22 PM   #9
busterb
NSABFD

TS. I see your from the great state of LA. In which I lived and worked for many years. But did you ever spend 6 days in the Red River Parish jail, in Coushatta,LA. Boy try that for kicks. No nothing. Buy snuff from a vending mach. that was marked "not for sale free sample" About 3 bucks a can. Yes it must be great to go to LSU & have the world at your feet. Or perhaps N State?
Old 05-28-2005, 05:31 PM   #10
busterb
NSABFD

TS Sorry about that cheap shot. From my 1/2 ass heart. Really. BTW try the Bed & Breakfast thing in red river parish, for about 6 flappin days without soap, towel or a way to shave. Hey! I'm From MS. We can't hold a light to the rednecks there.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:33 PM   #11
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

SLU in Hammond actually. I've not been to prison yet, but I've been around a little. Military, offshore, owned my own business, near indigence; no rose colored glasses, but I've seen a few things.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:55 PM   #12
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

How many countries have you worked in?
Old 05-30-2005, 03:05 PM   #13
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Technically? Italy, Turkey, Egypt, Greece, and France adds up to 5, but I only spent a few weeks in each at most except for Italy.

Edit: Rosie Roads isn't really a foreign country, but you can add that to the list.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:56 PM   #14
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I was asking Buster but thanks for the info anyway.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:44 PM   #15
busterb
NSABFD

Well. OXB I've worked in Nigeria twice, Iran once, Peru 2 trips, same job. Then I guess Sumatra, Indonesia was last shot for me.