The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 04-19-2009, 07:28 PM   #136
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarpop View Post
So what? If they're causing trouble they're causing trouble. I don't care what color their skin is.
Thats the second or third time you brought race into a conversation when it was never brought up before. Where is that comin from?
Old 04-19-2009, 09:39 PM   #137
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
So what? If they're causing trouble they're causing trouble. I don't care what color their skin is. As long as the rules are applied fairly across the board, no one can bitch about anything. Make sure the rules are understood every year beforehand. It might not be such a bad idea to put cameras in the classrooms either, for proof of misbehavior.
You know as well as I do that the Demoncrats in this city would never see it that way.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:13 AM   #138
sugarpop
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Thats the second or third time you brought race into a conversation when it was never brought up before. Where is that comin from?
My dear classicman, I was replying to THE FOLLOWING POST when I said that, so ask Merc why he brought race into, 'K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Can you imagine the liberal outcry? The parents of those kids would claim racism.
sugarpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:14 AM   #139
TGRR
Horrible Bastard

Quote:
You know as well as I do that the Demoncrats in this city would never see it that way.
Good thing you're not a fanatic, or anything.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:59 AM   #140
TheMercenary

Quote:
My dear classicman, I was replying to THE FOLLOWING POST when I said that, so ask Merc why he brought race into, 'K?
Because you know as well as I do that any attempt to remove the "troublemakers" would hit the black kids at a much higher rate than the minority white kids.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:02 AM   #141
classicman

Quote:
Yup - I missed that - Merc WTF?
Old 04-20-2009, 09:58 PM   #142
sugarpop
Professor

Quote:
Because you know as well as I do that any attempt to remove the "troublemakers" would hit the black kids at a much higher rate than the minority white kids.
WHOEVER is causing trouble should be put in special classes or expelled. It should not matter what color they are. And if the majority of them are black, then so be it. They can't really scream racism because we have elected two black mayors, back to back. So it isn't a racist issue. And I'm pretty sure the mayor would get behind it. He is a pretty cool guy, from what I understand.

I suggested cameras in the classroom for this very reason. You can't really whine if you're caught on tape.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:04 PM   #143
classicman

^^^ Wow, just wow. ^^^
Old 04-20-2009, 10:04 PM   #144
TheMercenary

Quote:
WHOEVER is causing trouble should be put in special classes or expelled. It should not matter what color they are. And if the majority of them are black, then so be it.
Oh I don't disagree with you at all.

Quote:
They can't really scream racism because we have elected two black mayors, back to back. So it isn't a racist issue.
Sure they can.

Quote:
And I'm pretty sure the mayor would get behind it. He is a pretty cool guy, from what I understand.
I have no opinion other than stuff I have read about him in the paper he really does not have much effect on my life.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:20 PM   #145
sugarpop
Professor

Michael has met him numerous times and talked with him. He really likes him.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:34 PM   #146
sugarpop
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
^^^ Wow, just wow. ^^^
Look classic, I understand where Merc is coming from. There is still a lot of racism here, on both sides. Blacks are just as guilty of it as whites are. It was something I had to adapt to when coming back here after living in Los Angeles for 10 years, because I dont't feel that way myself.

I know someone who substitute teaches here in high school. From what she has told me, and she teaches all over in every public school, there really is a serious problem with the students. It is a small number of them, and while I don't know what the actual percentage is, she has said many of the people causing problems are black. There are actually two kids in 7th grade, one who is 17 and one who is 16. Those people should not be in school anymore if they can't get past the 7th grade at those ages. And Mary is not a racist.

My ex worked for a sound company that works all over. He worked the graduations in Macon GA for the past two years. There is one school there that is so bad, he was afraid to leave the sound booth. And he said it was the parents acting up as much as the students. That was a black school. There was only one white student in the graduating class.

When someone like Bill Cosby comes out and say things about how many people in the black community are raising their kids, people need to pay attention. It isn't about the whole community, it is about part of it. People like Jesse Jackson don't help the issue. And white (trash) people are just as bad now. Just look at Britney Spears.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:39 PM   #147
classicman

Democratic Senator's husband's firm cashes in on crisis
Quote:
On the day the new Congress convened this year, Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein introduced legislation to route $25 billion in taxpayer money to a government agency that had just awarded her husband's real estate firm a lucrative contract to sell foreclosed properties at compensation rates higher than the industry norms.

Mrs. Feinstein's intervention on behalf of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. was unusual: the California Democrat isn't a member of the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs with jurisdiction over FDIC; and the agency is supposed to operate from money it raises from bank-paid insurance payments - not direct federal dollars.

Documents reviewed by The Washington Times show Mrs. Feinstein first offered Oct. 30 to help the FDIC secure money for its effort to stem the rise of home foreclosures. Her letter was sent just days before the agency determined that CB Richard Ellis Group (CBRE) - the commercial real estate firm that her husband Richard Blum heads as board chairman - had won the competitive bidding for a contract to sell foreclosed properties that FDIC had inherited from failed banks.

About the same time of the contract award, Mr. Blum's private investment firm reported to the Securities and Exchange Commission that it and related affiliates had purchased more than 10 million new shares in CBRE. The shares were purchased for the going price of $3.77; CBRE's stock closed Monday at $5.14.

Spokesmen for the FDIC, Mrs. Feinstein and Mr. Blum's firm told The Times that there was no connection between the legislation and the contract signed Nov. 13, and that the couple didn't even know about CBRE's business with FDIC until after it was awarded.
Yeh sure...
Old 04-21-2009, 10:55 PM   #148
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

Quote:
When someone like Bill Cosby comes out and say things about how many people in the black community are raising their kids, people need to pay attention. It isn't about the whole community, it is about part of it. People like Jesse Jackson don't help the issue. And white (trash) people are just as bad now. Just look at Britney Spears.
Wait you mean a parent shoulders responsibility for raising their child, and can be held accountable to a significant degree if that kid grows up a detriment to society (disabilities not included)?! I'm shocked, shocked i tell you. I try not to be a know-it-all 22 year old, but its pretty easy to see that shouldering personal responsibility and accountability is central in raising a child, let alone the path you lead your own life down.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:55 PM   #149
sugarpop
Professor

I mean that a significant number of parents are doing lousy jobs raising their kids, and that goes for black, white, latino, all races.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:00 PM   #150
classicman

^^^ **NEWSFLASH** ^^^