The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2007, 02:19 AM   #20
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
*Nods* clearly they are idiots who've never watched a small group of children play make believe. Most children like a healthy dose of gore and fear in their play and in their imaginary worlds. Fairy stories are dark; darker than any video game. We are much more squeamish about that stuff when we become adults.

A 'normal', well adjusted kid can cope perfectly well with the concept of fiction. They learn it very early on (can't recall exactly, but I think it's around the age of 3). The only kids likely to be drawing real-life lessons from their violent shootem-ups are kids who are probably going to act violently or in a disturbed manner, regardless of what they watch/play. Even if they mirror an actual game in their actions: that just means (imo) they've taken their theme from that game; the decision to act violently is entirely separate from the choice of theme.
These are the same, "pot is a gateway drug because heroin addicts did it" morons.
I have never met an addict, yes I have known quite a few, that did not smoke first... so, by their logic, actually cigarettes are the real demon of heroin.
Stupid people are funny and predictable and should not be allowed to hold jobs where they are allowed to speak.