The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 04-28-2007, 03:24 PM   #1
freshnesschronic
Professor

Ok duck, here's an equally crude citation.
http://www.uri.edu/artsci/wms/hughes/china.htm

Hong Kong prostitution trafficking! Damn, all you people from Hong Kong are prostitutes, hoes and sluts! Damn, they need to ban prostitution in Hong Kong! What a horrible place! And it is LEGAL!!! Oh, my god, how horrible!
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:34 PM   #2
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic View Post
Ok duck, here's an equally crude citation.
http://www.uri.edu/artsci/wms/hughes/china.htm

Hong Kong prostitution trafficking! Damn, all you people from Hong Kong are prostitutes, hoes and sluts! Damn, they need to ban prostitution in Hong Kong! What a horrible place! And it is LEGAL!!! Oh, my god, how horrible!
Most of that data appears to be 10 years old or more but I agree sex trafficing is a big problem in many asian nations except maybe japan. Mainland china is still largely poor so many girls from those areas end up as prostitutes all over the world. Hong Kong has a large population of rich men so yes many of those girls end up here.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:27 PM   #3
freshnesschronic
Professor

http://www.hku.hk/ccpl/pub/occasiona...per3-part4.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_Hong_Kong

Oh my god! Hong Kong people are all sluts!
Old 04-28-2007, 03:37 PM   #4
freshnesschronic
Professor

See? Don't call me an American thug out to to roam the streets looking for criminal activity, and I won't call you a dirty Asian hobag! Fair enough?
Old 04-28-2007, 03:45 PM   #5
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Quote:
See? Don't call me an American thug out to to roam the streets looking for criminal activity, and I won't call you a dirty Asian hobag! Fair enough?
Show me the post where I called YOU or anybody else on this site an american thug roaming the streets looking for criminal activity.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:48 PM   #6
freshnesschronic
Professor

Way to bypass the whole point, just don't bring your slimy prostitutes stateswide, ok? Thanks.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:54 PM   #7
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Quote:
Way to bypass the whole point, just don't bring your slimy prostitutes stateswide, ok? Thanks.
You just accused me of calling you an american thug roaming the streets looking for criminal activity. I asked you to show me where I said that and you can't seem to find it. lol

As for the prostitutes I think america does well enough on it's own.
http://www.usdoj.gov/criminal/ceos/prostitution.html
Old 04-28-2007, 04:41 PM   #8
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

http://www.news.gov.hk/en/category/l...426en08004.htm
Quote:
Hong Kong crime climbs 4.6% in Q1.
Deceptions rose 25.5%, wounding and serious assault cases 11.5%, serious narcotics offences 39.3%.
Burglaries dropped 20.1%, robberies 28.3% and homicides 62.5%.
Noting there was a 17.5% rise in the number of juvenile offenders and 18.2% in young offenders in the quarter, Mr Lee said the Government will step up its education and publicity programme to raise young people's awareness of the consequences of committing crimes.
Enhanced enforcement by Police and Customs officers saw a rise in drug seizures. They seized 28kg of methylamphetamin in the quarter, up 1,300% over a year earlier. The seizure of cannabis rose 618.5% and that of ecstasy 665.8%. Nevertheless, seizure of ketamine fell 94.9%.
Sounds like some criminal activity going on, but you feel safe there, don't you. Well I feel safe here. I just looked out the window and didn't see any roving bands of murderers.... never have.
I know where to find them, but I don't go there, just as there are places you wouldn't go in Hong Kong.

Gangs and their criminal activity are a problem here, especially where there are large concentrations of Latinos. The Latino gangs are a bigger danger than Black or White gangs, because they have a bigger concern for Macho Pride. The Black and White gangs have pride but not the same kind and aren't nearly as violent.

But that said, most Americans don't have much contact with these gangs and might not even suspect these people are gang members unless they know the dress codes. So your statements about gangs of killers roaming the streets are a gross distortion of the truth.

I think you spent too much time in the media and not enough time in the streets. Was it unsafe the walk the streets where you lived in the US? Day? Night? Gangs or single criminals?
Old 04-28-2007, 04:50 PM   #9
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
http://www.news.gov.hk/en/category/l...426en08004.htm Sounds like some criminal activity going on, but you feel safe there, don't you. Well I feel safe here. I just looked out the window and didn't see any roving bands of murderers.... never have.
I know where to find them, but I don't go there, just as there are places you wouldn't go in Hong Kong.

Gangs and their criminal activity are a problem here, especially where there are large concentrations of Latinos. The Latino gangs are a bigger danger than Black or White gangs, because they have a bigger concern for Macho Pride. The Black and White gangs have pride but not the same kind and aren't nearly as violent.

But that said, most Americans don't have much contact with these gangs and might not even suspect these people are gang members unless they know the dress codes. So your statements about gangs of killers roaming the streets are a gross distortion of the truth.

I think you spent too much time in the media and not enough time in the streets. Was it unsafe the walk the streets where you lived in the US? Day? Night? Gangs or single criminals?
Of course there is crime in hong kong, there always has been and always will be but violent crime is rare compared to america. Just compare the statistics of any major american city to that of hong kong and you will see what I mean. Not to mention if crime isn't a problem in america then why do millions of americans feel the need to own a gun for protection?

I have always made the comparison between hong kong and america because those are the only two places I have lived and from my perspective your crime rate is insane.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:53 PM   #10
freshnesschronic
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck_duck View Post
I have always made the comparison between hong kong and america because those are the only two places I have lived and from my perspective your crime rate is insane.
EXACTLY! YOU ARE FUCKING NAIVE LITTLE GIRL WHO DOESN'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT THE REAL WORLD. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF YOUR IDEALISTIC VIEWS ON HOW THE WORLD SHOULD RUN BECAUSE YOU CAN'T CONSIDER ANYTHING ANY OTHER CULTURE OTHER THAN HONG KONG'S RIGHT AND ACCEPTABLE. GUESS WHAT, YOUR CULTURE ISN'T PERFECT, AMERICA'S ISN'T BUT YOU STILL NEED TO RESPECT BOTH.

GOD I HOPE YOU EITHER STAY IN HONG KONG AND NEVER MAKE YOUR PRESENCE KNOWN ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD OR YOU FINALLY REALIZE THERE IS MORE OUT THERE THAN WHAT YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU THINK.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:34 PM   #11
freshnesschronic
Professor

And you aren't American bashing?
I think I'm going to ignore you, because you obviously don't have the mental capacity to look at the world and America from a panormaic view. This thread is about VT, not about how horrible America is. The only reason I brought up Hong Kong prostitution was to show the crudeness of your citations and how I can bring up an equally crude citation. But now you've full out blown all your credibilty by degrading America in more than one aspect. I am losing respect for your ability to argue and reason exponentially.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:44 PM   #12
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Quote:
And you aren't American bashing?
I think I'm going to ignore you, because you obviously don't have the mental capacity to look at the world and America from a panormaic view. This thread is about VT, not about how horrible America is. The only reason I brought up Hong Kong prostitution was to show the crudeness of your citations and how I can bring up an equally crude citation. But now you've full out blown all your credibilty by degrading America in more than one aspect. I am losing respect for your ability to argue and reason exponentially.
So pointing out had bad violent crime in your nation is america bashing? Well too bad.

Quote:
I am losing respect for your ability to argue and reason exponentially.
I find this funny considering your idea of arguing is throwing a childish tantrum every few posts. lol
Old 04-28-2007, 04:44 PM   #13
freshnesschronic
Professor

Seriously take an anthropology course. You are not very accepting of culture at all. Sure, go ahead and call all Americans ethnocentric.

Just another reason why YOU are definitely an example of an ethnocentric person, and those people, I cannot stand. Diversity is the single most important thing to progressing worldwide relations and humanity itself. You are an obstacle, by not accepting anything American values or believes in, by not even giving it a CHANCE.

Please, reread your posts because as you can see no one is running to your aid because your arguement skills cannot do your point justice and it all runs on sole black and white opinion on the world (and how America sucks apparently). And your brilliance in being an ethnocentric naive girl who can't understand cultural differences and cannot be appreciative of things that are different from her. You are going to have a rude awakening one day. But that slap in the face will do your brain good.

You know what, whatever. Nothing I say means anything to you anymore.

By the way, ask anyone here. My posts completley own yours.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:53 PM   #14
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Quote:
Seriously take an anthropology course. You are not very accepting of culture at all. Sure, go ahead and call all Americans ethnocentric.

Just another reason why YOU are definitely an example of an ethnocentric person, and those people, I cannot stand. Diversity is the single most important thing to progressing worldwide relations and humanity itself. You are an obstacle, by not accepting anything American values or believes in, by not even giving it a CHANCE.

Please, reread your posts because as you can see no one is running to your aid because your arguement skills cannot do your point justice and it all runs on sole black and white opinion on the world (and how America sucks apparently). And your brilliance in being an ethnocentric naive girl who can't understand cultural differences and cannot be appreciative of things that are different from her. You are going to have a rude awakening one day. But that slap in the face will do your brain good.

You know what, whatever. Nothing I say means anything to you anymore.

By the way, ask anyone here. My posts completley own yours.
Ok what does any of this rambling have to do with the rate of crime in your nation?
Also you are much better at throwing fits than I am so I guess you are right, your posts completely own mine.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:07 PM   #15
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Oh and duck_duck, you have obviously found a way to live in peaceful co-existence with the Chinese mafia. They have lots of guns and they are not afraid to use them. But that doesn't make the papers over there. I'll let you take a guess as to why not.

We don't have the Chinese mafia in Virginia. If you ever find yourself on their bad side, you are welcome to come over here and enjoy our protection. I can introduce you to some people here that came here for that exact reason. People that people you know would have heard of.