The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-16-2015, 11:33 AM   #811
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Ah man - must have been a tough call then. Well done, mate.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 01:02 PM   #812
Griff
still says videotape

Good luck man. You've got to take care of yourself cuz who else will?
Old 10-16-2015, 01:43 PM   #813
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Zactly Griff. Like I said this is a HUGE risk for me and that makes me uncomfortable.
Gotta work myself through it.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:15 PM   #814
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Yabut over the phone? No pie in the face? No trash cans on fire? No film at 11?

Good move, good luck.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:10 AM   #815
classicman

Thanks Bruce. The call was out of respect for him. Otherwise I would have sent an email.
Old 10-18-2015, 01:32 PM   #816
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I really hope this works out for you, c-man. I'm sort of halfway looking for greener pastures, just due to the fact that having two part-time jobs has been more difficult than I expected and no bennies, and Ithe occurso to me we both have been searching for those pastures for a while. Keep us posted on how it's going.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 01:32 PM   #817
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Jebus I hate posting from a fucking phone.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:56 AM   #818
classicman

^lol - yup I can't do it from my phone either.

Thanks - hope you find something soon.

As for me, I'm unemployed for the next two weeks. Went to the Iggles game last night with 2 of my kids (lost my voice there somewhere) and today I'm being a lazy ass & enjoying every second too.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:09 AM   #819
glatt

Corrupt files!

I wanted to back up a 32GB memory card onto an external drive, and since it was likely to take a long time, I figured I would do it in the background here at work while doing other stuff. So I brought the memory card and reader into work.

Started the copy process, and a bunch of errors started popping up that files couldn't be read, and then when I went to go look at my files on the memory card, they weren't there. This was 4 months worth of pictures. 7000+ images (I think? I don't really know.)

So I flipped the switch on the side of the card to make it read only and downloaded a free recovery program (PhotoRec) and started running it. It seems to be working, but it's naming the recovered files in naming scheme I can't figure out, and they are all jumbled up in the recovery folder. So that's making me a tad apprehensive. Trying to reorganize 7000+ pictures may be a real chore. They seem to still have a time stamp on them, so I think I can sort them chronologically, but I'm not sure yet since the program is still recovering stuff and I don't want to play with the destination folders too much.

Last edited by glatt; 10-29-2015 at 10:15 AM.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:05 PM   #820
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

NSA
Old 10-30-2015, 09:29 AM   #821
Griff
still says videotape

The koolaid drinkers in the two major parties. I don't see the GOP choosing someone who can actually govern. The Dems don't get that Hillary isn't trusted so won't considered by independents. Bush and Clinton are both party establishment insider candidates who are unattractive to the over-all electorate. The other GOP candidates appear to be simply terrible people. I don't see an optimistic message coming from anybody. This country has a great strength in its diverse people but the two old parties don't mobilize that.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:30 AM   #822
glatt

On the other hand, the two parties in Congress FINALLY showed that they can do their jobs by passing a two year budget. It's not the budget I would have made, but at least they came up with it together.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:34 AM   #823
Griff
still says videotape

There is that.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:36 AM   #824
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Corrupt files!
So I ... downloaded a free recovery program (PhotoRec) and started running it. It seems to be working, but it's naming the recovered files in naming scheme I can't figure out, and they are all jumbled up in the recovery folder. So that's making me a tad apprehensive. Trying to reorganize 7000+ pictures may be a real chore.
Looks like I had already copied the lion's share of the images on a couple other occasions and I was able to track those copies down from different laptops and external drives. I would up only had to deal with 132 files out of the 6,000 or so that had been recovered and renamed and all jumbled up. So I manually renamed all 132 files to their original names and now have all 6,000 images organized and copied in a few locations.

This has made clear that I need to do some image organization. Haven't done any since 2013. My system had been to create folders for each date that I took pictures and drag those pictures into those folders. But I haven't done that since mid 2013 and all the images since then are scattered all over in folders I've given random names to. I must still have a copy of everything somewhere, but can't be sure until I see it all organized.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:25 AM   #825
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
On the other hand, the two parties in Congress FINALLY showed that they can do their jobs by passing a two year budget. It's not the budget I would have made, but at least they came up with it together.
Neither side wanted bad press before the election next year, so they just pushed it back till their man(woman) wins the White House. Then they can attack, or stonewall, in an off year.

Tags
philadelphia cream