The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 12-16-2008, 11:44 AM   #16
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
I just wish Sundae Girl was closer. Now thats somebody that could make me forget my problems.
I certainly would...
Quote:
It is after midnight & I am drunk on vodka & pain pills.
.. but something tells me that after a while I would BE the problem. Vodka and pain pills sounds pretty seductive to me when I'm low, and I'm trying to stay away .

But seriously Sarge, sorry you had your long dark night of the soul last night. I hope things feel a lot better this morning. As Bri and I know, vodka hangovers have the worst drink-remorse fallout, so I hope you didn't make any calls.

I'll see if I can post some festive boobies if that would help.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:52 PM   #17
Pooka
Your Invisible Rabbit Friend

Oh silly Big man.... I speak from experience here when I say... exs are exs for a reason... be careful not to lose sight of why they became so in the first place. IF it was your fault... learn the lesson life has to teach you and use it well in the next relationship. Don't pine away on lost love... it never leads to any good... it just wastes time and energy...and the only thing that comes of it is heartache...trust me on this one too. (No I'm not refering to my nonhousebroken former husband). Save yourself the unnecessary pain. Instead spend time doing the things you love doing... find a new activity to occupy your time... Focus on you and what is terriffic about the person you are... I bet your fellow Cellerites could help enlighten you if you are feeling lost on what those are!
Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:00 PM   #18
SquidGirl
Colloquialist

I would have to ask why you are not together now? What happened might shed light on what WILL happen if you get back together. Personally, I make it a point to not get back together with ex's as if it didn't work then, it won't work. I know things change, but I'm just saying this is my personal rule. Just be careful and don't give up your career or anything big for a chance with someone because it's just a chance....if you do, I wish you lots of luck.
SquidGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:32 PM   #19
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I'm wondering if Big Sarge is doing more lortabs and voddies....I hope not.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:17 PM   #20
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Tonight I will only be drinking Absynthe. I even have my own silver spoon. BTW, never drink it straight (you have to cut it with water & add sugar) or you will pay for it later.

Squidgirl - It is no big secret about my divorce. I was forensic psychophysioligist who had just left command of a multi-agency vice/narcotics task force. I rejoined the Guard in 2003 and was mobilized in 2004. I've been pulling active duty tours ever since. My wife couldn't stand it. She felt I had deserted our family, especially since she had problems dealing with my deployment for Desert Storm. Add the pay cuts and my mood change, you get the picture.

To sum it all up, I wasn't the same person when I came back and I put the military ahead of my family
Old 12-16-2008, 05:24 PM   #21
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

#1) "only drinking Absynthe," -??? I've no room to criticize but plenty of room to empathize. I don't think should be drinking anything stronger than tea and cranberry juice. My humble opinion only, but my brain wasn't on vodka and lortabs last night. Unless it snuck out without me.

#2) Drinking is a depressant. Do you need to be more depressed?

#3) I care about you.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:39 PM   #22
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

I'm with squidgirl on this one. I fear you will only resent the ex (still more) if you give up what you chose (army, tours of duty) to do. Why did you choose that path - this is the question you should be considering. You thought it was the right one for you then - why shouldn't it be now?
Old 12-16-2008, 05:43 PM   #23
Big Sarge

I'll be ok. I admit I did consider jumping out the window last night.........but I'm on the second floor and there is a big holly bush right under me. Damn that would hurt....
Old 12-16-2008, 05:45 PM   #24
Big Sarge

Limey - I'm tired and sick. I deployed to Iraq and KOSovo, plus served 18 mos as an instructor. Why did I do it? Because I was needed
Old 12-16-2008, 06:56 PM   #25
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

My first reaction is of the "don't cling to your ex" variety, but consider that there are two cellar regulars who have got back with their ex and are making it work. I guess it is case by case, so I have no specific advice.
But don't screw yourself up (or down, rather) with drink and drugs. And for goodness's sake, don't call her while you are drunk at 2 am. Just don't.

Here's a suggestion: can you find time and opportunity to go hiking/camping for a week or two? Take no booze, go out alone away from everything, and have a long hard think about your life. You might find some clarity or decision. Just make sure you come back. Just an idea, I guess the weather might not be too great for it right now, though.
Good luck, I hope you find your path.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:03 PM   #26
Pie
Gone and done

You folks call it a walkabout, right ZG?

Sarge, I have nothing to add to what others have said, except to reiterate that we care about you.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:42 PM   #27
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
there are two cellar regulars who have got back with their ex and are making it work. I guess it is case
No, case found someone new.

Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:52 PM   #28
Big Sarge

Thanks ya'll for being nice. Some things are just to heavy on the soul. Bye
Old 12-17-2008, 12:43 AM   #29
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Sarge, I hope everything's alright. You're starting to worry me.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:31 AM   #30
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Sarge, you're tired, sick and it sounds to me like you're depressed, too. Please be kind to yourself. Zengum's idea sounds like a good one if you can manage it some way.