The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 02-18-2004, 10:48 PM   #61
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by staceyv
but he did lose his virginity to some other girl who he says "had a fat ass" and he didn't really care about.
Joyous. So he's the kind of guy that took advantage of a fat chick who probably really liked him and dumped her after?

Nice guy.

Have a happy life.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 10:53 PM   #62
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by staceyv
1) stupid pun
By their nature all puns are stupid.

This one happens to be quite hilarious.

You're just pissed of that it VOOOMED over your head and you missed it.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 02-18-2004, 10:56 PM   #63
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
that's funny. we sold a car to a woman named Cristina today. when i told her that she spells her name wrong, she failed to see the humor.
People with fucked up name spellings, particularly females, tend to have a high incidence of mental health problems, especially borderline personality disorder.

We've noticed the same thing for people born too close to Christmas too, Christmas day being a very high correlation to crazy.

(Anecdotal evidence only. No controlled study performed)

EDIT: Come to think of it ... stacey shouldn't have an "e" in it ...

Old 02-18-2004, 11:00 PM   #64
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Re: this is Mr. StaceyV

Quote:
Originally posted by arsen
my job back, and PLEASE DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF MJ!!! .... This is when StaceyV walked into my life.
You were stoned when you met her.

Explains a lot.

Old 02-19-2004, 01:08 AM   #65
juju
no one of consequence

I didn't know Russians had souls?
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 06:10 AM   #66
staceyv
Lecturer

arsen is a common male name in russian, and it is the correct, proper spelling.

the fat chick was a one night stand, she didn't like him. everyone is entitled to a one night stand, that doesn't bother me at all.
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 08:55 AM   #67
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Why do you believe everything he tells you except "I love you?"

Old 02-19-2004, 11:23 AM   #68
staceyv
Lecturer

what would he have to gain by lying about his name?? nothing
what would he have to gain by lying about the fat chick he had a one night stand with? nothing... it's not a pretty story...
what would he have to gain by telling me he loves me? greencard, meals, personal accountant, personal hairstylist, personal shopper, sex, a nice person to be around for two years...
Old 02-19-2004, 11:25 AM   #69
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

please stop.

please.

i can't take this anymore.

i'm unsubscribing from this thread.

i need a shower
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 11:27 AM   #70
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally posted by juju
I didn't know Russians had souls?
lol No, Soviets didnt have souls.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 11:37 AM   #71
Riddil
Management Consultant

I'm speechless. I honestly feel like... well... it's kinda like when you go to the circus, and you pay to see folks in the "Freak Show". When you finally see the show you're so mortified by the sight that you want to walk away.

But for some reason it's so damn enthralling you just can't pull your eyes away.
Riddil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 11:41 AM   #72
Slartibartfast
|-0-| <-0-> |-0-|

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

When do the nazi miget tattoo lesbians come on stage?
Slartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 11:56 AM   #73
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

NO, it's just life, is what it is... and we're all just trying to get through it.

Stacey isn't here looking for attention. She may be dramatic, but that's because she's an intensely emotional woman. She may be confused, but we're all confused, and why does that not entitle us to support or a little respect? She may like a little attention, but she doesn't desperately demand it like Luvbugz or April. She may be controlling, but she didn't come here trying to confirm her own approach to the situation.

And she is willing to put her story out here, and she knows that she may take a few hits in the process, and you have to respect that. Partly because it's rare, and partly because that sort of sharing should be what this place is all about, at least in an ideal world.

I think some of you have not read the whole thing carefully, and shame on you if that's the case and you insist on being flippant with your opinions. No matter what else is going on here, no matter who's right and who's wrong, no matter if it's "Springer-esque", no matter if you think you would never get into such a situation, no matter if you think S and/or Mr. S are being stupid, there are human beings in the balance here.

May you all be so lucky not to encounter this kind of confusion in your own lives. But some of you who think you're immune are going to wake up to a big ball of it some day.

And by the way, when you do, you're STILL welcome to bring it here... desperately hoping for some level of respect, and for some words that will help you work it all out.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 01:07 PM   #74
staceyv
Lecturer

amen. and now i am unsubscribing to this thread, too. i want to leave with undertoad's message being the one that i take with me.
Old 02-19-2004, 01:13 PM   #75
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

That's a nice sentiment UT, and I agree.

But! Mr and Mrs V, it is so very risky to seek the opinion of uninformed outsiders on delicate situations like this. We don't really know either one of you well, nor where you're coming from. There is no way you can convey all of the pertinent information, there's a huge quantity of it, and much of it is abstract. Any advice we may offer is tainted by filling in the story's very large holes with experiences from our own lives.

For instance! I immediately identify with Stacey. I was involved with a Russian woman a few years ago, and after a time I became aware of a number of lies and half-truths, about some pretty important things, which she had led me believe. It was a shitty set of revelations... I felt used, betrayed, embarrassed, and naive. I became certain that she had no feelings for me, she wanted only to use me for citizenship and money. But she insisted that she loved me, and she sobbed broken glass when I ended the relationship.

So, the advice I instinctively want to give is, "The sooner you leave him, the less damage will be done." But what if Stacey, im a temporary attack of anxiety, has been a manipulative, emotionally blackmailing control freak, and Arsen were a genuinely nice guy, genuinely in love, who has long since let go of the former fling? That would make my advice, as well-intentioned as it may be, quite poor. And it could widen the rift between them, and help push it to the breaking point.

My point: Stacey and Mr. V.... if the two of you are incapable of resolving this problem on your own, seek professional, unbiased help from a therapist rather than well-intentioned but grossly underqualified and uninformed help from friendly strangers. A marriage is too important a thing to risk destroying with bias-polluted advice. Really.