The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 06-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

A few of the Little Things that bug me in daily life…especially when I am in a RUSH.

Clothes hangers - When they get snagged up in each other.
Hair Dryer Cord - When I have to untangle it before I can plug it in.
Coffee Filters – When they fold in during brewing and cause coffee ground to leach into the coffee.
Baggies – When three fall out of the box, when all I want is one.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #2
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

When I throw the toilet lid up so forcefully it bounces back down and then I have to open it AGAIN and I'm doing that squeezy leg I have to pee NOW RIGHT NOW dance
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:53 PM   #3
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

When I'm waiting for whoever is in the bathroom to get the hell out because my back teeth are floating, only to find out there's no one in there, the door is shut for no reason.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #4
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

paper napkins can only be taken from the holder in the amount you don't want. ie. if you want 2, you will get one, if you want one, you will get 2 or 3. every fucking time.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:03 PM   #5
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Groups of people who stroll three or four abreast along the walkways of the railway station when I am trying to run for a train.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:21 AM   #6
glatt

That's the worst. And they are usually talking to one another and completely self absorbed, oblivious to the needs of others around them.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #7
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

The people who stop dead at the bottom of the escalator in the Tube because they're not sure which way they want to go next.

Sent by thought transference
Old 07-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #8
glatt

And they think you are rude when the escalator carries you right into them. Like you have a choice. Idiots.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #9
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Time for.. (drumroll) Escalator Vigilante (French horns)
Attached Images

Old 07-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #10
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

People who make a big deal out of getting off the bus or train quickly, then meander along at a snail's pace. You knew you were in no hurry, or move fairly slowly, so why not chill out and let faster people who are in a RUSH get off first.

I was taught this as good public transport manners.
It might be a generational thing, because it's generally people older than my parents who do it.

And people who are surprised that they have to pay for their shopping.
"That's £31.15 please." THEN they start rummaging in their bag for their purse!
This - sad to say - is almost exclusively a female trait.

The only time it can be forgiven is if people are holding shopping in their hands and so have no spare hand to retrieve a method of payment before everything has been scanned through. Still irritating if it's the person in front of you though.

Oh, and this one is really quite unfair, but I hop from foot to foot with rage if I'm stuck in a Post Office queue and EVERYONE ahead of me is having their passport processed/ paying car tax or has a really complicated query regarding what they are sending abroad. I forgive myself a little of my unreasonableness because it's mostly directed at those who hold up the queue and walk away without completing the tranaction because they haven't brough the right paperwork or haven't filled it in completely.

But I do wish there was a fast-track queue for people who just want to send a postcard to America. Or withdraw under £10 from the counter service or any transaction that lasts 180 seconds or less.
Oh, I seem to mean a fast-track service for ME!
Old 07-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #11
glatt

It's funny.

The bank, the actual brick and mortar bank building, and the post office, are both used so seldomly, that it's really mostly people with the real pain in the ass transactions that are using those buildings. I never have a quick visit to either of those places.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #12
glatt

I don't like gmail's user interface any more. They have been tinkering too much with it in the last year or so. why couldn't they leave well enough alone.

The conversation mode of grouping emails (on my iphone) is a pain because you can easily overlook an email if it's in the middle of a conversation and wasn't the first email of the conversation or the most recent. "Overlook" is a generous name for it too, because they are hidden from view. You can't overlook something that was hiding. Overlook means there was something there to see and you missed it.

The scrolling down to the end of the email and expanding a dialog box when you want to reply to an email is quite annoying. I prefer a new window. Give me a little room to work, would ya?

The new tab setup they implemented today means I have to look in 3 different places to see my mail.

Change is fine, if it's an improvement.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:26 AM   #13
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

I'm in the process of transferring my work email to Cellarmail for a small annual fee.

Sent by thought transference