The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 07-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
mbpark
Lecturer

Today is a strange day

I just read on The Verge that The Well is for sale.

When I first started calling here on my C= 64, that was THE place to be and where many of the cool textfiles came from. That was in 1992.

Now, it's a part of Salon that they want to get rid of, and they laid off the people that worked there.

Another piece of Internet history that is going by the wayside.

Even though I hardly have time to be here anymore as being married, a manager, and grad student leaves you no time, I am glad that this place is still up in some form, long after everyplace else I called went by the wayside.

Now if I could get my C= to access it now, that would be cool. The iPad 2 I am trying this on probably has 2x10^3 the processing power of that machine.
mbpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

When all else have abandoned you, the Cellar is here.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
monster
I hear them call the tide

Today is strange. And a rollercoaster. I woke up early, as I must most days, so after an hour or so failing to get back to sleep, I took a fun, previously read Percy Jackson book out on to the deck and read it while I drank tea and Diet Coke. During that time, Hector woke up and decided to do his summer math packet and get ahead on it. And when he felt he had done enough, he went and climbed a tree. Couldn't be a more perfect Sunday morning.

Then he went back upstairs and found that Thor's pet turtle had died. He was in tears, he probably loved it as much as Thor -he's an animal dude. So we told Thor and the two of them went and dug a grave and I had to remind Hector to let Thor be in charge, and they buried her and put a stone on the grave. And then it hit home for Thor, and he needed to be held and cuddled, which is lovely for a mom, but not so much in those circumstances........

and then the day got better... and worse... and better... I think we ended on an up, so i may just go to bed right now as a preventative measure.......