The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 01-06-2011, 09:14 PM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

Eye make-up and /or Contact lenses

If you wear either, do you do both eyes with your dominant hand or your left eye with your left hand and right with right?
Old 01-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #2
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

Both eyes dominant hand, but different places on my finger for each lens to aid in insertion.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #3
monster

I guess I shoulda done a poll rather than making people post. I do each eye with each hand. for both. But I'm getting the feeling I'm odd. again.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #4
monster

.... if you do put mascara on both eyes with the same hand, how do you avoid the nose stripe? Or do you just wipe it off before it dries? i think that's why i started doing such things the way i do....
Old 01-06-2011, 10:16 PM   #5
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

I do left eye/left hand and right eye/right hand for mascara for that very reason. Its just too awkward otherwise. I cant recall if I do the same with eye shadow though. Prolly. So I don't think your odd. However, I use the same hand to put in eye drops.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:36 PM   #6
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

I do each eye with corresponding hand for both contacts and makeup. I wasn't 100% sure about the makeup, so I had to go look in the mirror and pretend to put on eyeliner. Heh.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:37 PM   #7
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

My contacts go in both eyes with the same hand. I don't do eye makeup myself, but it seems to me the best way to avoid the nose-stripe from the mascara wand would be to rotate your hand around to the other side of your face, so your palm is facing in.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:47 PM   #8
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
it seems to me the best way to avoid the nose-stripe from the mascara wand would be to rotate your hand around to the other side of your face, so your palm is facing in.
ouch! my forehand with the left hand is definitely better than my backhand with the right in this case.. But i have seen people do this
Old 01-07-2011, 01:06 AM   #9
Juniper
I know, right?

Both eyes right hand for contacts. Mascara too. But I don't wear makeup very often. My nose doesn't really get in the way. Wish I had a reason to wear make up more than once a month or so. Damn my life is boring.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:51 AM   #10
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I rarely wear make-up. When I do, I apply with my right hand to both eyes. I am pretty flexible, so I can quite happily twist my hand around to do the left eye, and I don;t recall ever getting a nose stripe :P
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:54 AM   #11
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
Both eyes right hand for contacts. Mascara too. But I don't wear makeup very often. My nose doesn't really get in the way. Wish I had a reason to wear make up more than once a month or so. Damn my life is boring.
ya know, I was wearing makeup maybe twice a year. towards the end of last year I put it on a couple of times "just because'. Stops people in their tracks. I suggest you put some on for fun/no reason at all. Might help with the blues, albeit temporarily.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:16 AM   #12
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
ya know, I was wearing makeup maybe twice a year. towards the end of last year I put it on a couple of times "just because'. Stops people in their tracks. I suggest you put some on for fun/no reason at all. Might help with the blues, albeit temporarily.
I don't wear makeup much anymore, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't use my left hand to do my left eye.

I agree about wearing makeup though. I just can't be bothered most of the time, but when I do wear it I think people notice. It brings out my eyeballs, which are my best feature (best of mediocre is still best.) One day I came to work with my hair done nicely, makeup on, and my black suit. A lady in another office said "I didn't recognize you, you look so nice."
Old 01-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #13
monster

That's exactly what they say to me. Do people not realize what that implies?
Old 01-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #14
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

People are idgits.

Like the song "You Are So Beautiful To Me" should be finished with "I don't care if everyone else thinks you're as ugly as a mud fence."

It occurs to me though, when I apply mascara to my left eye, I reverse my hand, like Clod said.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #15
glatt

If you don't wear makeup, and then you get all gussied up, it's easy to look like another person. And the default compliment for somebody all dressed up is to say they look nice.

When my wife and I were planning our wedding, I asked her to please not put on so much makeup I wouldn't recognize her. She rarely wears make up, and I had been to other weddings where the brides were so made up, I honestly had a hard time seeing the person I knew in there under all the fancy dress.

So I asked her to be recognizable. She was.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote