The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 12-04-2008, 02:05 AM   #1
Yznhymr
the crowd goes wild!

The Secret Millionaire

New show on tonight. I was impressed. Rich folks getting down to ground level to see the need. And people who do great humanitarian work getting exposure and financial support to continue their good work. I love it. Motivates me to reach out, as well. Sort of the “Pay it Forward” mentality. Probably more important now with the recent economy situation.

Why can't we all just get along?? Why can't we make outrown hope? And be a blessing to others? Who's with me??? Come up with ideas Cellar can be a part of....

"The pride system tends to intensify the self-hate against which it is supposed to be a defense, since any failure to live up to one's tyrannical shoulds or of the world to honor one's claims leads to feelings of worthlessness." Bernard J. Paris, Ph.D.
Yznhymr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:58 AM   #2
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Oh cool! Secret Millionaire's made it over there then?

I really like that show. It's been going here for a year or two.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:57 AM   #3
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Always makes me cry.

I don't have any ideas for you, sorry.
Anything I couldn't squeeze into my parents' house went to the charity shop (including things I did not really want to let go). I've worked in a charity shop too, and certainly my parents volunteer every year. When I have money to give to charity I do, and this week I was out distributing clothes bags for the Sally Army ("please fill with clothes you don't need and we will collect on Monday" etc etc).

Oh and I tried to volunteer to mentor a child. And was turned down. I also offered to donate an egg. And was too old. I give blood - does that help?

Sorry, the above looks like I'm trying to boast. I don't feel like I do enough. I'd love to be involved in a reading programme for children for example. There wasn't one feasibly near me in London (because of course they need you there during work time, but the travel made it too long). I'm going to be checking online in Bucks.

I wish I had a skill or a talent I could use to pay it forward. Sadly all I can offer at the moment is the hope that I can help more in future.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tv shows