sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
So Hitler advanced mankind? ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
You can think that if you want to. ..
You're the one who introduced the concept. I'm only acknowledging that you are free think that if you want to. You wouldn't be speculating about it unless you believed in it. That's not a reflection on what I believe. Reading comprehension tw.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 03:02 PM   #47
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
I'm only acknowledging that you are free think that if you want to.
You again acquiesce to your belief: dominating others is the purpose of mankind. You cannot defend it. It is your belief - and Hitler's.

That misguided belief underlies extremist philosophies. To impose those beliefs on all others. To dominate. Also explains why extremists love Trump. And want to 'wreck shit'.

The good people (moderates), instead, advocate and work for the advancement of mankind. Examples include 'team play' and protecting the right of others.

It is your right to also harm others? You believe it; don't deny it; so it must be true. Now refuse to defend it. Or retract that mistake. Extremism says the purpose of life is to dominate others. It is the religion - as even demonstrated in Charlottesville. Sexobon does not deny it.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 03:28 PM   #48
sexobon

You're delusional with fear. You see extremists everywhere. Your paranoia gives rise to Stockholm Syndrome and you become the extremist. Then you engage in psychological projection secondary to your emotional defects and accuse others of being what you've become.

It's so obvious; but, you never get the obvious and end up being the only one believing what you say. It's not your fault tw. You've articulated how your father tried to kill Americans and that messed up your mind. TW, YOU ARE NOT YOUR FATHER. Alas, the damage is done and you shall remain forever impaired. Be consoled by the fact that here you are understood and we appreciate the entertainment you provide.

PS: You'd be happier if you'd stop being so defensive. Defensiveness is for losers.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:49 AM   #49
Luce
Weaponized Funk

Quote:
You're delusional with fear. You see extremists everywhere. Your paranoia gives rise to Stockholm Syndrome and you become the extremist. Then you engage in psychological projection secondary to your emotional defects and accuse others of being what you've become.

It's so obvious; but, you never get the obvious and end up being the only one believing what you say. It's not your fault tw. You've articulated how your father tried to kill Americans and that messed up your mind. TW, YOU ARE NOT YOUR FATHER. Alas, the damage is done and you shall remain forever impaired. Be consoled by the fact that here you are understood and we appreciate the entertainment you provide.

PS: You'd be happier if you'd stop being so defensive. Defensiveness is for losers.
Gas lighting ain't what it used to be.
Old 07-13-2020, 04:39 PM   #50
sexobon

I know, right? It used to be all one word.
Old 07-13-2020, 07:16 PM   #51
tw

Quote:
You see extremists everywhere.
You are not everywhere. Lying but again.
Old 07-14-2020, 04:11 PM   #52
sexobon

Am not, I'm sitting up.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:20 AM   #53
tw

Quote:
Am not, I'm sitting up.
Always up and moving? You must be a progressive.

Is that also a religion?
Old 07-31-2020, 07:11 AM   #54
Griff
still says videotape

https://www.psypost.org/2020/07/new-...pandemic-57514

A little more surprising, we found that Americans who are more religious (attend service more often, pray more often, feel religion is more important) seemed to engage in precautionary behaviors more frequently. In fact, once we accounted for Christian nationalist ideology in our models, being more religious was the leading predictor that someone frequently engaged in precautionary behaviors.

This suggests to us that polls are getting it wrong if they show Americans who are “more religious” are behaving incautiously regarding COVID-19. It’s not “religiousness” per se that’s leading Americans to resist expert recommendations to curb the spread of disease. It’s Christian nationalist ideology and all that’s associated with it.
Old 07-31-2020, 03:01 PM   #55
glatt

Christian nationalism was a new term to me. No idea what it meant.
From the article, "Christian nationalism by definition includes the idea that God has a special place in his heart for America, his New Israel."

So it's a patriotism, 'Merica, kind of attitude. USA, USA, USA, God bless the USA! kind of thing.

Not so much of a Christian "love your neighbor" kind of thing.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 03:21 PM   #56
Griff
still says videotape

Yeah, it's tribal. That would explain why things we take for granted as Christian values are not represented by these folks. It must be particularly distressing for actual practicing Christians to share a pew with folks who seem to relish otherizing and hate.

It is maybe unfair to call out groups of Christians when it is a vocal minority who've lost their way.
Old 07-31-2020, 04:02 PM   #57
tw

That tribal attitude is a threat to everyone else. Just like Jenny McCarthy types, their religion (or whatever that tribalism should be called) means they become a threat to all others.

If a vaccine is available, everyone must take it within a prescribed time; for that vaccine will be effective. Anyone using a tribal attitude (refusing vaccines due to some emotionally inspired belief) puts all others back at risk when the vaccine's protective features expire.

For the same reason Jenny McCarthy also advocated the killing of so many other children (and a few at risk adults). Her tribal like emotions also justified her contempt for others.

If we had real leaders, where necessary (not narcissists), then a discussion of how a vaccine will be 'distributed fast enough' should already be in planning.

Ironically much of this was already done and planned for in the National Security Council. The Pandemic Playbook was completed in 2018. And completely disbanded and trashed in 2018 by Trump people - using cost controls (actually a tribal mentality) as an excuse.
Old 08-01-2020, 12:19 PM   #58
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Why is this vaccine's protection going to expire?
Old 08-01-2020, 12:52 PM   #59
Griff
still says videotape

I think tw is hoping enough folks get vaccinated to create the condition of herd immunity soon. If folks choose to vaccinate too slowly the body count goes up.
Old 08-01-2020, 12:57 PM   #60
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I get that, but he's making it sound like the protection will diminish for the vaccinated people.