The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2009, 10:17 PM   #1
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

How far is too far?

Maybe it's too soon to post this thread, but the recent events on this forum have really got me wondering about what's right and wrong about posting pics on the internet, or sharing them via pm.

After the initial post about the drama, I asked Dazza if he cared about me posting pics of my boobs etc online or in particular this site, and he said it didn't bother him at all. In fact, he didn't say so, but he seemed to get a bit turned on by the thought. I wouldn't care if he posted pics of his private parts online, particularly on a site that we both went to (not that there is one but you get my point). It's not something we've ever discussed, but I've never posted anything online since I've been with Dazza that I felt ashamed of or thought he'd have a problem with. Turns out I was right, and I guess that was somewhat of a relief after what's just happened. (yes I know there's more to it, but I'm just sticking to the pictures thing here for myself)

For those of you in relationships, do you tell your partner about the pics you post online? Do you ever post anything you think they might not be happy with? Do you think it's right that a partner has a say in what content you choose to share online?

Personally I think if you're in a relationship and your partner isn't happy about it you shouldn't do it. I don't think it's a control issue although on the surface it may seem that way. I think it's about respecting what is good and right according to you and your partners moral values and if there's a discrepancy, then it's not just that issue at stake. It must surely cover many other aspects of your lives together. That's my way of thinking about it anyway. So it's more than just whether or not you're breaking trust or offending your partner. It's about what each of you is willing or happy to accept in order to live a good life together. Fortunately, Dazza and I seem to have similar ideas on this, but it must be tough for some couples who love each other, but have different ideas about this sort of thing.