The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 09-16-2009, 07:37 AM   #31
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

snakes are harbingers of good luck.

here's to wolf's luck in the coming days!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:38 AM   #32
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Yey bri's back
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:02 AM   #33
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
It just occurred to me what really strikes me about this thread; I would not have imagined Wolf as being afraid of anything.
If it makes you feel any better about me, I didn't just panic and freeze, here. I hitched up my big girl panties (knickers to you) and dealt with it.

That makes me feel better about me, anyway.

I think I admitted to not being comfortable with spiders, too. And other icky bugs.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, though. That's quite nice.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:11 AM   #34
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Don't worry, the snake was probably just helping you get rid of the spiders ... or bats.

So much for the philosophy of having guns in the house to protect yourself from invaders. Luckily, it wasn't a murdering rapist.:p
Old 09-16-2009, 08:41 AM   #35
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Murdering rapist would have had two rounds center mass before he got his dick out.

That one I'm ready for.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 09-16-2009, 08:43 AM   #36
monster
I hear them call the tide

you're my hero, wolf
Old 09-16-2009, 09:58 AM   #37
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

At least it didn't have a leg...
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:36 PM   #38
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
It just occurred to me what really strikes me about this thread; I would not have imagined Wolf as being afraid of anything.
One of the many reasons I idolise Wolf is that she does have fear, but she doesn't fall apart like a crean puff. That's real life bravery. I know she hates icky bugs because of my favourite ever Wolfpost, where the preying mantis feels the need for psychiatric health. I can't tell you how often I have read that one, and laughed every time (it's funnier than this one because Wolf acknowledges her lack of physical danger as opposed to her disgust in a wonderfully self-deprecating way.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
If it makes you feel any better about me, I didn't just panic and freeze, here. I hitched up my big girl panties (knickers to you) and dealt with it.
I still want to be on your team when it comes to the end of the world. I promise I'm working on something to make you feel the same about me. It's tricky with not knowing what the threat will be. And you being female and all. Maybe I should start practising your favourite dish...?
Old 09-16-2009, 12:48 PM   #39
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

I would have squealed like a little girl and made Keryx deal with it. I only like snake BBQ.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:41 PM   #40
lookout123
changed his status to single

We get a couple diamondbacks and one coral in our yard each and every year like clockwork. I think someone has it marked on their calendar to drop them off.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:49 PM   #41
Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post

Cutest snakes I ever saw were iddy biddy baby garter snakes. They were my uncles.
oooh, that explains a lot!

Old 09-16-2009, 07:00 PM   #42
Apollo
i need friends

I used to think snakes were awesome.

But then I got bit by a Bull Snake. Summer of my junior year in high school, me and my Dad were hiking in Eastern Oregon.

I walk off trail to take a piss and suddenly I hear this low rattle right next to my leg. I look down and it's just sitting right there in it's little "I'm a gonna fuck you up" position, hissing and moving back and forth.

I'm sitting there for what seemed like hours, frozen, because this thing looks EXACTLY like a Diamondback. Right as I make my move to book it back to the trail, it bites the back of my leg, right in the calf.

So then I was like, well shit, I'm gonna die in the desert. Then we noticed that the bite didn't have puncture wounds, just bite marks that we're bleeding. It also wasn't swelling or anything like that. We still booked it back to the trail head and there was a park ranger there and told us that it was a Bullsnake (which are non-venomous) and we cleaned it and dressed it.

So I did not die in the desert..
But snakes are not some awesome in my book anymore...
Old 09-16-2009, 08:15 PM   #43
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
I know she hates icky bugs because of my favourite ever Wolfpost, where the preying mantis feels the need for psychiatric health. I can't tell you how often I have read that one, and laughed every time (it's funnier than this one because Wolf acknowledges her lack of physical danger as opposed to her disgust in a wonderfully self-deprecating way.)

you tantalise us with a description and no linkie?
Old 09-16-2009, 08:34 PM   #44
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
Murdering rapist would have had two rounds center mass before he got his dick out.

That one I'm ready for.
what about a NON murdering rapist? maybe a cold beer and a sammich after?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:41 PM   #45
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
I still want to be on your team when it comes to the end of the world. I promise I'm working on something to make you feel the same about me. It's tricky with not knowing what the threat will be. And you being female and all. Maybe I should start practising your favourite dish...?
Don't even sweat it. I'm sure my favorite dish would be anything you made, just so long as there wasn't any coconut (allergy) or mushrooms (strong dislike) involved. You are absolutely on my end of the world team, in the event that I would be facing the end of the world in Britain, or you happened to be stopping over here for a visit at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
what about a NON murdering rapist? maybe a cold beer and a sammich after?
Well, cold beer and a sammich for me as I watch some CSI guy draw a chalk outline around the corpse. For the purposes of a report, they are ALL murdering rapists. Actually, I suppose that my goal would be that we would succeed at neither being a murderer nor a rapist. Or a necrophiliac, depending on his preferred order of operations.